Kahma golf bag review (unofficial)

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently purchased a C3 golf bag from www.kahmagolfusa.com and decided to write a review here on THP, since when I was searching for info about the bag, I could find no real specific reviews on it.

Typical cost is $269, which is a bit pricey for a bag IMHO, but they had the 2013 model C3 in THP Green on sale for $159, so I sprung for it.

I normally walk 54 holes a week using a Sun Mountain push cart, so my purchase was based primarily on that. The main selling point is the caddyrack system, which arranges 9 irons side by side and keeps the heads and shafts from making any contact with each other. They're supposed to form a 3 point contact that secures the irons from any lateral movement while allowing them to be easily lifted straight up and out of the bag. With the few holes that I played today, I would say that is entirely accurate, as I was able to push my cart by the irons without them becoming dislodged from the caddyrack. The clubs were fairly easy to take in and out of the caddyrack as well, even though they are fairly close together. For using a push cart, I can't imagine a better system. I am so used to the irons clattering together in the bag that it was very apparent how silent it was when walking over rough terrain. The only sound was from my cell phone sliding in the storage compartment, which I have to say that I've never been able to hear before. If you hate iron covers, but don't like bag chatter, this may be something you want to look at.

What remains to be seen is how it performs while riding in a golf cart. I plan on testing that out within a week or so. What I am interested in seeing is since the irons require a little upward movement to come out of the caddyrack, will hitting bumps dislodge the irons and allow them to move around. That remains to be seen though, so I don't want to get too excited about it yet. More to come on that as I put it through it's paces.

Aesthetically, it's a stunner in person. Everyone at the course commented on the looks and how much the liked the way it arranged the irons. The cooler pocket is huge, but shares an area with the forward pocket, so the more balls you put in the forward pocket, the less room you'll have in the cooler pocket. With a dozen golf balls, I was able to put 4 cans of soda and ice in the cooler pocket. I also test fitted 2 of my water bottles in there with room for a little bit of ice. There's also a soft lined valuables pouch on the very front, a small pocket, a medium sized pocket and the standard large pocket that takes up the entire side of the bag. It also comes with an adjustable strap on each side that allows you to tighten them to each side of a push cart to ensure that it doesn't do the dreaded twist on the cart.

So far I'm impressed and will update with how it performs on a golf cart in the near future. I will try to get some better pictures in the daylight with it mounted on my push cart.

Nice review bud! I've seen you post about this bag and was wondering what it was and now I know. I don't use a push cart but have been giving it some serious consideration. This bag not only looks good and does a good job, but it satisfies my OCD too, lol.

Nice review bud! I've seen you post about this bag and was wondering what it was and now I know. I don't use a push cart but have been giving it some serious consideration. This bag not only looks good and does a good job, but it satisfies my OCD too, lol.

They are actually made in Australia and the selection down under is a lot better from the Aussie website. www.kahmagolf.com

Thanks Bullitt for making me want to change my bag now. I though I loved my PING Pioneer but now I really like the idea of that rack on the bag. I would get the C16 if I was dropping money on one though

That thing is sweet! It definitely caught my eye in the WITB thread. I'd be interested to see how it holds up over time, and how it handles different styles of irons (Blades vs. SGI?) Let us know how it rides!

That thing is sweet! It definitely caught my eye in the WITB thread. I'd be interested to see how it holds up over time, and how it handles different styles of irons (Blades vs. SGI?) Let us know how it rides!

My SGI Amp Cells, TM TP CBs and Mizuno MP57's all fit equally well, the only difference is how much of the iron is above the caddyrack. They all had the same grip holding them laterally.

Nice! I was checking out the site, wonder if they'll do a stand version, I would imagine it'd be a little more tricky to design.

It would end up being pretty wide for a stand bag. It's a touch wider than my previous Mizuno cart bag. Not enough to worry about, but that's about as narrow as it can get.

WoW.. This is an OCD dream bag!.. I have 11 irons but I guess the 3 and 4 could ride in the back. Can't wait to see your thoughts on this as a cart bag.

WoW.. This is an OCD dream bag!.. I have 11 irons but I guess the 3 and 4 could ride in the back. Can't wait to see your thoughts on this as a cart bag.

If I played 11 irons, I'd actually go the opposite. The rear compartment is divided in half, so I would actually drop my wedges in one of the back dividers.

Definitely an interesting bag concept and one I like. How are the compartments on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Great review, dude. Bag looks sooo clean with that setup!

I am a pretty big fan of that bag. very nice!

Good stuff Bullitt, I had never heard of Karma Golf before, I am looking forward to how you like your back on a riding cart.

Nice review bullitt. If you used it all how was their customer service? I love that it has a spacious cooler pocket too

Using Tapatalk

The only part of the customer service I used was during the ordering process. While it clearly says to put in the dexterity and a shipping phone number in the comments, I completely ignored that part. That was Friday evening. I didn't check my email again until Monday and there were 3 emails from them requesting the information.... On a Friday and Saturday none the less. Once I gave him the required info, it was shipped the next day..

Just a quick update now that I've owned the bag for a while:

A couple concerns that myself and others have had, I can now answer:

#1: Will the irons stay in the caddyrack when riding in a golf cart? For the most part. Because I was paranoid about it, on every shot I seemed to tap the irons to make sure they were still seated. I didn't have any come completely out of the rack into the main compartment, but after hitting a few hard bumps, they had moved a little. Nothing that I'm concerned about, but if you use this bag on some really rough conditions and don't tap on them every once in a while, they have a chance of coming out.

#2: How do the clubs fit with midsize/oversized grips? Midsize grips fit pretty well, I think that oversized would fit, but would probably touch. The only issue that I've had with the midsize grip is that putting your lowest lofted iron back in the bag with them takes a little getting used to. You have to put it in at an angle instead of just dropping it in like the rest of the irons.

#3: Will my irons fit? I believe that unless you're playing a full hybrid like the Altitudes that they will fit just fine. The Altitude DW, PW and 9 iron will fit, but then the 9 iron is too big to allow the 8 iron to fit down into the slot. My Smart Sole will fit in the far right slot, believe it or not. It is super close to my wedge that sits beside it, but it does fit.

#4: The storage compartments: The cooler pocket is huge. I fit a pair of 24oz water bottles in there with room to spare. The ball pocket is fairly small because of it though, but as long as you don't need to carry 2 dozen balls, you should be fine. While it added 2 smaller pockets on each side, I do miss having a top center pocket where the handle is on this bag. They do offer different pocket configurations and if I had it to do all over again and was paying full price, I would opt for the one with the pocket instead of the carrying handle.

#5: Transporting the clubs in this bag. While it comes with a little velour cover that is supposed to protect and secure the clubs in the caddyrack during transport, it only does the job if you put the clubs in the trunk with the ball pocket and iron heels up. The first time I went to the course, I just dropped the bag in the trunk with the carrying strap up and when I got to the course I had to put all the clubs back in the rack. After that, I've transported them heels and ball pocket up and they haven't moved.

Overall, a good bag that gets a lot of attention on the course. The caddyrack, while great for someone like me who's OCD does not come without it's drawbacks. So whether being more conscious of how you're carrying and transporting the clubs along with the occasional tap to make sure they're still seated doesn't both you, you'd be OK with this bag. If you're a throw and go type of guy, it would probably irritate you a bit. I think I'll be holding onto it for a while.

Back