What is your (driver) swing speed?

110-115

You're correct with your guess assuming you aren't making perfect contact. With a 1.43 smash factor that's a 105 SS with 150 BS.

THPing on Tapatalk

Like I said - I only have a couple of the variables in the equation. The rest is guesswork. I know that I don't make perfect contact. Plus I've been on a monitor that does give swing speed and 105 was a consistent number. I think I do swing that b.asha shaft a little faster though given it's lighter weight.

112-115 is what I've seen on the monitors.

I was right around 116-118 when I demo'd the R11s last year at Dicks. Had one swing that was 121 but that was probably an outlier. I've calmed things down a bit this year and improved accuracy!

I was a average of 101. my problem is staying relaxed and tension free. If I could stay loose, I can probably get up to 105. Also, before playing, do you guys/gals do much stretching? I try to spend about 15 minutes trying to stretch my shoulders and lower back. Green tea is a good drink on the course as well.

Per launch monitor and speed stick, my driver swing speed is 125 mph...

Hahah just kidding, it's a 95. Which has been interesting during fittings because I am often borderline stiff and regular, but the fitter I went to for cobra noticed I had more control and a better launch angle and accuracy when I went with a heavier stiff shaft.

135. Ball go far.

Was last on a launch monitor a year ago. Swing speeds 113-118. Good contact = plenty long enough for me.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Swinging about 110 and the stiff shaft on my R1 is doing the trick, provided I don't overdo it!!

Freddie said I was around 107 or so and my ball speed was like 165+- a few. I've been clocked in the 115 range before but that is when I usually start losing control and get to quick in my arms. Calming it down and just swinging an easy tempo has really upped my accuracy. I still hit it plenty far so I don't ever really need to go after it.

Freddie said I was around 107 or so and my ball speed was like 165+- a few. I've been clocked in the 115 range before but that is when I usually start losing control and get to quick in my arms. Calming it down and just swinging an easy tempo has really upped my accuracy. I still hit it plenty far so I don't ever really need to go after it.

You've got to be higher than 107. I'll go on record to say you are one of the better ball strikers on THP.

You've got to be higher than 107. I'll go on record to say you are one of the better ball strikers on THP.

I thought I was too but Freddie sat right there and said I wasn't. He didn't even need that launch monitor! I swear he called out numbers after watching a ball get hit and was close enough. Distance is about hitting the ball in the sweet spot. If I can swing 107-108 and hit the screws, I am totally content.

I appreciate the kind words. It was awesome hitting on the range for demo day together.

I thought I was too but Freddie sat right there and said I wasn't. He didn't even need that launch monitor! I swear he called out numbers after watching a ball get hit and was close enough. Distance is about hitting the ball in the sweet spot. If I can swing 107-108 and hit the screws, I am totally content.

I appreciate the kind words. It was awesome hitting on the range for demo day together.

I'm sure we'll play a round together soon. I'll come out to SLC in the fall if you can't make Vegas.

96, I've backed it off from dead on 100 to try and hit more fairways.....results are variable so far!

Wow lots of guys hitting 120 mph swings, I think thats about Tigers course swing. I used to think I was a long hitter, hitting maybe 250 on a good day. A few years ago I tried slowing/fixing my swing on my own and surprisingly did not lose much distance. Fast forward to the present, I now swing more in control avg. about 95 mph swing on a good monitor. Average carry about 240 I believe. 138 ballspeed I do believe these were my numbers being fit for driver couple months ago. It was not a trackman, forgot the name of the LM. Heres the kicker though who hasn't gone on a LM or simulator or any indoor net/facility and try a driver or measure your SS what happens? You swing as hard as you can and try to hit it 300 yards. How many would swing like this while playing, not many I would guess. I even had a crummy juiced up LM say I was swinging at 113 before and I know that isn't happening on any course.

Wow lots of guys hitting 120 mph swings, I think thats about Tigers course swing. I used to think I was a long hitter, hitting maybe 250 on a good day. A few years ago I tried slowing/fixing my swing on my own and surprisingly did not lose much distance. Fast forward to the present, I now swing more in control avg. about 95 mph swing on a good monitor. Average carry about 240 I believe. 138 ballspeed I do believe these were my numbers being fit for driver couple months ago. It was not a trackman, forgot the name of the LM. Heres the kicker though who hasn't gone on a LM or simulator or any indoor net/facility and try a driver or measure your SS what happens? You swing as hard as you can and try to hit it 300 yards. How many would swing like this while playing, not many I would guess. I even had a crummy juiced up LM say I was swinging at 113 before and I know that isn't happening on any course.

Everyone swings 120 on the Internets. :)

Wow I feel even more like a wimp. I am 22 and 227 pounds and my ss is around 87-90. This is almost my first full year of playing golf and I am trying to increase my ss but not sure how without swinging out of my socks

Wow I feel even more like a wimp. I am 22 and 227 pounds and my ss is around 87-90. This is almost my first full year of playing golf and I am trying to increase my ss but not sure how without swinging out of my socks

Swinging out of your socks usually results in slower swing speed. In my opinion, like any sporting technique, the golf swing is about technique and mechanics.

I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting in march and the results for 5 swings were 98, 99 (3x) and 100.

I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting in march and the results for 5 swings were 98, 99 (3x) and 100.

And you hit it on the screws almost every time, if I remember right. I actually would have had you with a bit higher of a ss.

I get it around about 75

Everyone swings 120 on the Internets. :)

Lol it's true. I don't think people realize how fast 120mph is. Tour level pros barely get there let alone a bunch of weekend warriors.

My average is 96. Low can drop to around 92 and if I'm trying to drive it 500 yards I get around 105. Usually don't find those balls tho : )

When I purchased my Ping i20 the launch monitor showed I'm the in low 90's, top speed was 95mph.

Back