REVIEW: 2014 Sun Mountain S-One Cart Bag (with pics)

hometeamdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually get a new bag every 3 years or so. The last couple have been light (riding) cart bags so this model intrigued me.

I probably enjoy the hunt as much as the new product. I usually get a closeout or clearance deal. For some reason I took the leap and got a new model this year. The best deal I found was 20% off the street price, no tax no shipping.

I was debating between this bag and the new C-130. I probably would've been OK with either.
Believe it or not, I just didn't fall in love with any of the C-130 colors and that was a factor.

The S-One: This is a fairly minimalist cart bag. It's under 6 pounds, a couple of pounds lighter than the C-130.
photo1_zpseb452abf.jpg
photo4_zps8535cc3a.jpg

PROS: 10.5" top, 15 full dividers. It's the same size top as the C-130, so plenty of room for clubs
and other top-loads. The back two slots are very wide, as is the putter well. Although I didn't want a big, heavy bag, I wanted the wide top. 2 handles up there for loading/unloading.

Zippers have drip-proof tops and large loops. Sun Mountain quality.

NOTE: It has a beverage pocket, lined with drainage. NOT a cooler. This is fine for me.

photo5_zpsaa90a5eb.jpg

Storage area for strap in back.
NOTE: There is NO towel ring. Just a draw strap on the opposite side of the umbrella strap.

photo3_zps7b1a10f8.jpg

This bag has adequate storage space, but it will probably be a bit tight when loaded with winter wear. It also doesn't stand up like a staff bag...it may tip based on what you have in it.

photo7_zps5b9097fa.jpg

Final thoughts:

If the C-130 were available in the bright red...I might have chosen it. Price difference is
<$20. But I've never been one for a giant cart bag so I'll probably be happy with this one.

photo2_zps0bd409f9.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great bag, well done!

Nice looking bag matches that Falcons HC well

Nice bag. Thanks for the review!

Nice job with the review.

Great first review htd, the bag looked very nice when I saw it up close yesterday. The colors really do pop.

Nice write up....I am still in the market for a bag...I am just so anal about my golf bags that I have to find something just right...and at the right price

Nice job on the review! The bag looks like a keeper

Back