UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

I make the journey a couple of times a year to a place that's about another 30 minutes down the road from the Belfry called Elford. On a good run that's roughly around 2hr 30 minutes.

Colchester to Chelmsford is roughly 30 minutes depending on traffic so at 6-7am on a Sunday morning, I would say you are pretty much on the money at 3 hours all in.

Which way are you planning on going?

Whichever way the sat nav on my phone takes me.....think it was showing A14, M42 / M6?

Whichever way the sat nav on my phone takes me.....think it was showing A14, M42 / M6?

Hopefully not in that order Doc as u need Jct 9 on M42. About 2 miles from there.

Yep that's the route I usually take. M11, A14, M6, M42 and you are pretty much there.

If you wanted to meet me and Bully early on Sunday morning we can travel up to the Belfry in convoy. I've got to pick him up at home in Billericay (near Chelmsford), so we could meet at the services at the A12/M25 junction at 7.20am?

Another hour to go and I will announce another couple of names for the team selections :)

Hopefully not in that order Doc as u need Jct 9 on M42. About 2 miles from there.

Was trying to remember off the top of my head so didn't expect to have it right...lol

Yep that's the route I usually take. M11, A14, M6, M42 and you are pretty much there.

If you wanted to meet me and Bully early on Sunday morning we can travel up to the Belfry in convoy. I've got to pick him up at home in Billericay (near Chelmsford), so we could meet at the services at the A12/M25 junction at 7.20am?

Assuming that isn't going the wrong way for me (not got a clue) then I may well take you up on that

All you need to do is find the A12 London bound and get on it for about 45 minutes or so, and you will reach the M25. As you come off the exit ramp you will see a garage on your left hand side. That's the best place for us to meet.

5 minutes till the next names......

And the next few names to be announced are.........

Sam Guest in the 4 ball & Martin Newton on Team Rose.

Team 1 - David Liversedge, Sam Guest

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito)

Team Rose - Andy Bullock (Bully), Martin Newton

Team Faldo - Rob Newton

All you need to do is find the A12 London bound and get on it for about 45 minutes or so, and you will reach the M25. As you come off the exit ramp you will see a garage on your left hand side. That's the best place for us to meet.

Ok, will let you know what I am doing on Saturday

Team Faldo - Rob Newton

Please apologise to Martin for me!!

So is it one 4 ball and 3 3 balls? I've asked David for a name but suspect I'm being ignored after some banter! Will let you know his choice when I get it

Team Faldo - Rob Newton

tease!

So is it one 4 ball and 3 3 balls? I've asked David for a name but suspect I'm being ignored after some banter! Will let you know his choice when I get it

Yep 13 of us so no other way of doing it really.

No rush for he name, just as and when as long as its before the weekend.

So who will Andy and Rob get....

Ok lads, time for another couple of names to be revealed :)

Neville Smith with team Faldo AND Glenn Smith as part of team Seve.

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz)

Good to see some family rivalry on the cards with possibly more to come!?

Bug tease .... Where's my name ! Haha

Just worked it out what this was making me think of. You remember playing football as a lad and picking teams and being the last guy picked? Here we go again, sorry Mr L if you get left with this one legged muppet!

It's going to be an interesting first day lets say that much :)

So looking at team names and recognising English golfers we're going to be the team of Dicks and apologies to all who draw the short straw . Julian Dicks ex west ham turned pro after his football career finished but retired with a knackered knee old age got the better of him so I sense a kindred spirit.

So looking at team names and recognising English golfers we're going to be the team of Dicks and apologies to all who draw the short straw . Julian Dicks ex west ham turned pro after his football career finished but retired with a knackered knee old age got the better of him so I sense a kindred spirit.

Team Dicks it is.

Team Dicks - David Liversedge, Sam Guest

Team Seve - Stuart Lennon (El Bandito), Glenn Smith (The Doctor)

Team Faldo - Rob Newton, Neville Smith (Dirk St Moritz)

Another name to be released tomorrow, followed by another two on Friday and then the final pair on Saturday night.

So I see my name in a team....must mean it is getting ever closer to the tee off

So I see my name in a team....must mean it is getting ever closer to the tee off

Doc. Welcome Aboard! Consider yourself Jose Maria to my Seve. Now, obviously a boys weekend away involves golf and drinking. Team Seve will, of course, win everything or die trying. Given that you don't drink, and I'm crap at Golf, well just have to carry each other. Fortunately, if there is one thing that I can do for two....it is drink. So worry not partner, you are in safe hands! You just play the golf. :golf3:

Incidentally, when I say carry me, for Gods sake, don't try to lift me, that really would end in tears...

ole!

Just worked it out what this was making me think of. You remember playing football as a lad and picking teams and being the last guy picked? Here we go again, sorry Mr L if you get left with this one legged muppet!
Sam is a Yorkie too....surely we can't have a pure Yorkshire team? If so, you will have to wear flat caps and bring whippets.....:bulgy-eyes:

Back