bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,

I played golf yesterday when it as wet from the night prior. Today when I played I noticed a couple small rust spots on my Vokey SM5 wedges. Anyone provide any recommendations on getting them off?

Thanks!

Do you have the raw black? They are made to rust haha I'd embrace it but you can do the coke bath to cut some of it down

Do you have the raw black? They are made to rust haha I'd embrace it but you can do the coke bath to cut some of it down

No. They are the tour chrome.

No. They are the tour chrome.

Hmm idk then. You could try the SM5 thread and see if anyone else is having problems with theirs rusting. I thought they'd resist it better. Good luck man

If on face and/or sole, it will wear off with a few swings.

Coke bath. If the finish gets dinged deep enough there might be rust. I know I had some sm4s that had rust spots.

I have had a couple rust spots on my Cobra Irons, some series wear on the soles of the 8I down. I think it has come from my Hopkins raw Wedge that is intended to rust. I just get a wire brush and clean them up.

I would not worry about it too much it will wear off with enough play

Coke, but don't let the ferrule touch the Coke. I googled vokey wedge rust and there's tons of info on it.

I would not worry about it.

Hit more bunker shots. Im just surprised the no one has asked you yet why youd want to remove the rust because it makes you spin the ball more. :laughing:

Back