The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Tony Parker looked like he got shot on LeBron's strip. They all do it and will continue until the fines increase x 10.

Tony Parker looked like he got shot on LeBron's strip. They all do it and will continue until the fines increase x 10.

I agree. The NBA should make it very easy. Start the next game with a technical. However they would start losing stars, including the best in the game very quickly.

I agree. The NBA should make it very easy. Start the next game with a technical. However they would start losing stars, including the best in the game very quickly.

They might do it in the regular season. But never in the playoffs. And never in the finals.

I would love to see it though.

Unfortunately the flop has become part of the game. It takes a certain amount of skill to execute it and it seems the very best have it down to a science. I feel like it is something that is coached now. And by the way, $5000 means nothing to Wade.

I hate flopping as much as the next guy, but it gives an advantage to the player who flops. $5,000 paid for an extra possible 2 points is worth it to the player every time.

With that said, the refs should be held accountable, as well. Place some of the blame on the refs (be it fines or suspension) and they might stop calling marginal fouls and potential flops and the NBA can get back to "letting the players play". The unfortunate thing is that this is a fine line and people will complain if there is some contact and no foul called and also if there is no contact and a foul is called. I'm sure that reffing an NBA game is very difficult, but changes definitely need to be made.

Jank you are right about people complaining. Fans complain regardless. Even worse than the fans are the players that cry foul after every drive to the lane. Half these players today believe that unless a guy moves out of the way, contact equals foul. It's absurd. The NBA already made it an offensive dream by getting rid of hand checking.

But flopping is out of control. I mean that Wade one was a travesty to have a finals game revolve around that. The players have to want the culture and sadly right now they would rather cheat to win than play hard.

D. Fish to the Knicks as coach? Interesting

Eh, I've never been a fan of Fisher and am unaware how he'll make a good coach. Sure he'll likely have the respect of the players and is in the Eastern Conf, but he never struck me as a very intelligent player. Just kind of sat at the 3 line and chucked it up there any time he got the ball.

Taps away

Eh, I've never been a fan of Fisher and am unaware how he'll make a good coach. Sure he'll likely have the respect of the players and is in the Eastern Conf, but he never struck me as a very intelligent player. Just kind of sat at the 3 line and chucked it up there any time he got the ball.

Taps away

Lol yeah I have no idea either. There's even talk of KD following him which i think will never happen. Hey Fish did hit 3's when needed tho........... After 1400 misses hahahaha

Got bored and looked to see who everyone was saying the Cavs would take #1 in the upcomign draft:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, Kansas, C, 7-0, 240, Fr. – Assuming there are no serious back issues, one NBA scout says Embiid has chance to be a franchise superstar

Ive never even heard of him. 1 pts and 8 rebounds doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy over Jabari Parker. Everywhere I read its the guy has some back issues that could hinder his future.

He is not a consensus #1 however. Just the latest they are discussing. It seems to rotate between him and the other two top guys by the day.

He is not a consensus #1 however. Just the latest they are discussing. It seems to rotate between him and the other two top guys by the day.

Yeah it just scares me that in the 4-5 places Ive looked (usual media outlets) they all have him #1, hoping he has back spasms and they pass on him :)

The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

When healthy, apparently he's being compared to Hakeem and David Robinson. But the back injury is such a scary thing to me as a fan. I may be in the minority in wanting Wiggins

When healthy, apparently he's being compared to Hakeem and David Robinson. But the back injury is such a scary thing to me as a fan. I may be in the minority in wanting Wiggins

awesome, another PF to go with the other 6 we have

Got bored and looked to see who everyone was saying the Cavs would take #1 in the upcomign draft:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, Kansas, C, 7-0, 240, Fr. – Assuming there are no serious back issues, one NBA scout says Embiid has chance to be a franchise superstar

Ive never even heard of him. 1 pts and 8 rebounds doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy over Jabari Parker. Everywhere I read its the guy has some back issues that could hinder his future.

He seems to be a little injury prone to be taken number one. With the way the NBA is moving away from dominant big guys, I think there are better picks for Cleveland. That being said, they will probably take him.

MikeDean441 skimmed his own copy and paste.

No I didnt, I was speaking to PhillyV's comment about Wiggins

He is definitely not a PF either.

6'8 is pretty tall that's why I said -ish.

Regardless I'll take him or Parker over a injury risk gamble especially at #1 and especially since last year's #1 bennett is a turd

I find the NBA draft to be pretty pathetic across the board.

I find the NBA draft to be pretty pathetic across the board.

I avoid this thread and the NBA for the most part because it's the same thing year in and year out.

The local paper wrote an article about how "deep" this draft was and I just laughed. This draft is pathetic

Back