Tried Out the new driver today and need some help

asimon2211

Reaction score
Handicap
idk
I just bought the Ping G25 driver yesterday as my old one broke. I could hit the old one relatively straight no problem. Now, I seem to be hooking a lot of my shots and not getting the ball in the air. I need to play with tee height, however, I would like some driver swing thoughts.

Edit: I was hitting the ball alright but I just couldn't find the center of the face. I would like some tips on how to do that

Last edited:
Some crappy no name driver that came from a dicks beginner set. It had a noodle-like shaft.

I just bought the Ping G25 driver yesterday as my old one broke. I could hit the old one relatively straight no problem. Now, I seem to be hooking a lot of my shots and not getting the ball in the air. I need to play with tee height, however, I would like some driver swing thoughts.

Edit: I was hitting the ball alright but I just couldn't find the center of the face. I would like some tips on how to do that

I have no idea what you misses are to adjust you for center face hit based in what you posted before the edit I would say the old driver was more your speed and the new might be too much club. Sounds like you grew used to swinging a whippy shaft and the new stiffer shaft isn't flexing as it should. I'd look into a softer tip shaft.

I have no idea what you misses are to adjust you for center face hit based in what you posted before the edit I would say the old driver was more your speed and the new might be too much club. Sounds like you grew used to swinging a whippy shaft and the new stiffer shaft isn't flexing as it should. I'd look into a softer tip shaft.
That very well could be the problem

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My misses are hooks that are high on the face and towards the toe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back