4th of July Bridgestone Golf Ball Contest

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This is not an official THP contest. This is a ? panda test, just because!

So I will pick from all the correct answers given and award (4) 2ball packs of Bridgestone golf balls (e6 & e7).

You just have to correctly answer the follow questions:
1. Why do we celebrate the fourth with fireworks?

2. What year was the first official 4th of July celebration?

3. Where did fireworks originate?

Answer all three correctly and you could win the Made in America Bridgestone Golf Balls. ** CONUS only and must be albatross member. One entry per person and open til 11:59pm 7/4/14.

jasa6uve.jpg

1. Simulate "bombs bursting in air"
2. July 4, 1777 in Philadelphia
3. China

Last edited:
Nice gesture Freddie, and good luck to all who enter. Fast response there M S.

Apparently my google search for 1 and 2 was different than CJ's:

1. Because John Adams wanted us to. Before the Declaration of Independence was even signed, he envisioned fireworks as a part of the festivities. In a letter to Abigail Adams on July 3, 1776, he wrote that the occasion should be commemorated “with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.”
2. 7/4/1777 in Philadelphia
3. China

Apparently my google search for 1 and 2 was different than CJ's:

1. Because John Adams wanted us to. Before the Declaration of Independence was even signed, he envisioned fireworks as a part of the festivities. In a letter to Abigail Adams on July 3, 1776, he wrote that the occasion should be commemorated “with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.”
2. 7/4/1777 in Philadelphia
3. China

I did mean to put 7/4 not 7/2... Wrong is wrong..lol

1- John Adams wrote a letter to his wife wanting pomp and parade, with sheets, games, sports,guns,bells,bonfires and illumination. The celebratory firing of muskets,artillery and other explosives was carry over from colonial days . They had fireworks represent the 13 states.

2- 7-4-1777

3-china

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing this Freddie!!!

1. Why do we celebrate the fourth with fireworks? Because John Adams wanted us to basically. He felt that it should be commemorated with "pomp and parade, with shews, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other from this time forward and forevermore".

2. What year was the first official 4th of July celebration? July 4, 1777.

3. Where did fireworks originate? China

1. I'll go with the John Adams letter, even though he thought it would be July 2nd that we would be celebrating, not the 4th
2. The first "official" celebration was in 1870 when Congress recognized it as an "official" holiday
3. China

Hey Freddie, thanks for doing this - very nice gesture!

1. Because of Adams' letter / wishes
2. Post Congress' recognition, 1870
3. China

Happy 4th everyone!

1. Why do we celebrate the fourth with fireworks? Because John Adams wanted us to basically. He felt that it should be commemorated with "pomp and parade, with shews, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other from this time forward and forevermore".

2. What year was the first official 4th of July celebration? July 4, 1777.

3. Where did fireworks originate? China

1. Because John Adams, like any American, loved a good shindig, and thought that we should blow stuff up to celebrate, after church of course, writing "It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

2. The first official celebration could have been the first anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, when Philly celebrated by following Adams wishes to the letter, even breaking out the red, white, and blue bunting. Or it could have been, the following year when General Washington felt so strongly about the day that he ordered his resource starved army to celebrate with an artillery salute and doubled their rum ration. Or it could have been when Congress made it an officialunpaid holiday in 1870, or when more than 50 years later they decided that freedom ought to celebrated without having to worry about your paycheck, and made it a paid holiday.

3. China, not a lot of debate here. Definitely china

1. Because of Adams' letter / wishes

2. 7/4/77

3. China

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Because of Adams letter and wishes.
2. Officially 7-4-1870
3. China

Great contest panda

1. Adams letter/wishes
2. 7/4/1777
3. China