Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

Im shocked at how many people are so against the name and never said a word about "Big Bertha"

You know the difference? The Big Bertha was actually a ground breaking game changing club. Come on, long Tom is a stupid name.

I'd rock that thing if I could keep it on the planet. Do you know what the swing weight is JB?

You know the difference? The Big Bertha was actually a ground breaking game changing club. Come on, long Tom is a stupid name.

And ironically at the time, people said the same thing. "How is it technology to make it bigger" or "What a stupid name".

But in all seriousness, how is it hugely different than the SuperFast 2.0 in "ground breaking game changing club"? Longer, lighter, faster...If they paint it white does it change?

Could care less about a name..... Although I do have concerns about the ability to fit into the trunk of a Honda Accord!

Tappin' from my iPad!

And ironically at the time, people said the same thing. "How is it technology to make it bigger" or "What a stupid name".

But in all seriousness, how is it hugely different than the SuperFast 2.0 in "ground breaking game changing club"? Longer, lighter, faster...If they paint it white does it change?

I'll admit I never cared for the Big Bertha name but it did change drivers forever. Honestly I dont find anything ground breaking about the SuperFast 2.0. It's not that much different from the 1.0 IMO. Maybe even worse. I don't think white does anything at all for it but maybe increase a few sales to people like Gray haha but makeing it 48" long and giving it a terrible name definitely don't make it desirable.

I think a lot of companies have lame club names. It didn't seem like JB was too wow'd from this club.

I'm surprised they didn't paint it white. Cmon man, a 48" driver? Like any amateur needs that. I don't see it as a club that helps golfers.

I think I could kill this thing. Long and straight!

I'm surprised they didn't paint it white. Cmon man, a 48" driver? Like any amateur needs that. I don't see it as a club that helps golfers.

Why not though? I mean what is the line that is crossed? 46.25 is okay and 48 isnt? It was going to get there eventually anyway. I mean we all know that fitting is the most important, but consumers are willing to buy longer, lighter and faster without fitting, so why not go to the extreme? I guess I dont see any issue with this.

I would go myself. I could hit myself long and straight too though

I'd buy the chunkylover before the Long Tom. I'm a lover before a fighter. A grower not a show'er.

They should have named this the RAZRFast 3.0. That would have made it cool for sure.

They should have named this the RAZRFast 3.0. That would have made it cool for sure.

Hawk. Now that's cool.

The Bigger Bartha

I think cobra should keep the raw look. I really like it. In fact with the raw look I would probably be more aggressive and not worry about sky marking this thing up

I think if you rusted the raw one it would look BA

Raw Tom?LRT? Long raw Tom.

This thing scares the hell outa me. I know I have to be on top of my swing with the BSF 2.0 or else its in chainsaw country. Coming from an R5 at 44.75" I was fairly consistant with fairways hit and I can assure you that the extra length of the 2.0 has had an effect on my cosistancy. At 48" I can only imagine the issues this will cause the average joe golfer. To be perfectly honest I cant see too many pros hitting this driver, the risks at that length would far outway the rewards. Maybe they are onto something, only time will tell.

PS would still like to range it just to see where I spray it!!

I think it is brilliant. Golf has a long history of products from odd ideas and odd names. I don't think a 48" shaft is a odd thing considering how long the SF2.0 is. I also don't think "Long Tom" is that odd a name, depending on the inspiration. As I was informed by a friend of mine, "Long Tom" was a heavy artillery gun from WWII. If that is the inspiration, I think it would have been wicked if Cobra had made a limited edition in military green.

Is it for me? Probably not, but I wouldn't mind having one for those 4-man scrambles...

Last edited:
So JB, any more experience with Long Tom today?

Despite the ridiculousness of the name or the shaft length, it sounds to me like it's not very consistent for you. So tell me, what does this driver have to offer an amateur golfer?

I played with a guy who is 7'1" the other day, he needs a long dong driver

So JB, any more experience with Long Tom today?

Despite the ridiculousness of the name or the shaft length, it sounds to me like it's not very consistent for you. So tell me, what does this driver have to offer an amateur golfer?

It will be at the range tomorrow morning for more testing.
I ask again, what is the length number where it becomes no good for amateurs? I struggle with burying this club for being what it is and not another for being 46.25. Yes its longer, but at least its marketed as a niche product (so far) due to its incredible shaft length. Rather than marketed as the longest driver ever created (because its got the longest shaft and painted white).

Im not knocking either club, but I am also not going to label this a failure without proper testing and certainly not going to knock this alone when others have done the same thing (gone longer) and just marketed it differently.

Back