Monster Tee Golf Mats

Is the turf rough enough to scratch up the bottom of clubs? Thats one thing that has always irked me about some of these mats. I take pride in keeping my clubs looking nice as long as possible and I've seen some mats just scratch the heck out of some clubs.

No residue and no scratching that I've seen. It's a very soft, sort of fluffy/dense material rather than the astroturf type of mat.

No residue and no scratching that I've seen. It's a very soft, sort of fluffy/dense material rather than the astroturf type of mat.

I am the same way. No marks at all on clubs from using it. Or green residue. Hawk is right it's fluffy and soft.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I have had this mat since earlier in the year, it has stood up to the elements since it sleeps outside. I have mainly used on the grass, it serves its purpose. You can feel when you catch it fat since it slows down club head. Tees will fly off this thing.

I have had this mat since earlier in the year, it has stood up to the elements since it sleeps outside. I have mainly used on the grass, it serves its purpose. You can feel when you catch it fat since it slows down club head. Tees will fly off this thing.

This!
If there's one thing I can complain about with having this, it's that the tee will go into the next county using my driver. I just get a pile of tees and when I run out I make the 10 yard walk to collect. Outside of that, this thing will absolutely help with your game. At the very least it gives you an opportunity to grab a club while you're at home and take a few hacks if you've got 20 minutes to kill. This will keep me sharp through the winter

Thanks for posting this up Hawk. I've been looking to get one of these since we've moved out to the "country" for my back yard. I would mostly use this for chipping, about 50-60 yards at the most, but we do have some empty lots to the side of us that I could move back. Few questions for those that own one already:

1. Great pice but is this the best mat you've ever owned? Yes, but I've only owned this one but have used many other mats, this one tops them all.
2. for outside, do you place it on the grass or on the concrete? Being on the concrete seems like it would be more sturdy but maybe be harder on the arms and elbows since the give is less? I have used it on both concrete and grass. If you put foam underneath or order the ultimate model, it will definitely give more padding. Grass is fine with or without foam.
3. When on the grass does the mat move a bunch on hits? No it doesn't move much. The grass I've used it on was sort of long (don't know if that makes a difference) but it didn't move except on major chunks and maybe an inch or so.

Thanks again!

Here's my thoughts Big Time.

I logged in just now to ask yall what would be a good mat to purchase as I want one for Christmas and this was one of the first threads that popped up. Must be an sign. Feedback looks good.

Great thread as I've been searching for mats to use with recently purchased Optishot sim. I really like the large mat with cutout for sim deck, but will most likely go economy (small mat w/sim cutout) model, which includes a stance mat and add the appropriate sim deck turf. Definite huge savings from the larger models I've seen on other company sites. It's gonna be a great off-season up this way.

These look pretty good...too bad my ceiling isn't high enough to swing a club...good thing I can play all year here.

Will have to keep an eye on this thread. Recently got a replacement mat months after the company I bought my net from shipped the wrong one (gotta love negative Amazon reviews sometimes), but if that turns out to be a bust, might be in the market again.

I have two of these. I use them in a practice range I built under a carport, in the backyard. Absolutely love them. Hitting with short irons feels like taking a divot, and I love using regular tees versus the rubber ones. I use them almost everyday... hitting a couple of hundred balls. Have yet to see any wear, in 3 months.

Also no club marks or scratching and no mat movement that I've detected. I have one in the yard. I cut out enough grass to fit it in place, on a crushed stone bed. I use it to chip on to a backyard putting green from 40 yards. It seems to stand up well to the weather.

The other is also on crushed stone, under a covered carport.

No serious issues, although here in Washington I am always cleaning the pine needles out of them. It can be a chore.

I bought the little guy of these to start out with, will probably get the larger one later if I like it. Looking forward to getting it.

Another nice thing about these is you can roll them up and go. When I head south next month, my mats will go with me.

I picked up a 48x60 one of these, based on the reviews here and elsewhere. It should be here sometime after thanksgiving, which will be the perfect time here in TX to ramp up the backyard practice. My wife is going to have to get used to seeing a net set up every day it's nice enough to go swing

Best purchase in a while. My old set up was me standing on the floor with the little strip mat, which was harder on the wrists and also put the ball about 1/2-3/4inch above the floor surface. Inevitably had some time readjusting when I got back outdoors. No longer an issue.

I've got one of these and I really like it. I have to use a longer tee when hitting drives, but that's the only negative. I do like how the club will get caught up in the nap of the mat. I've used it all summer and there are absolutely no signs of wear. It's a solid purchase for sure.

How are they for hitting down with irons on them? I have a thin piece of carpeting on my concrete garage floor that's hard on my wrists and doesn't let me really swing down into them which doesn't translate well to playing on turf.

I'm thinking of putting two of the small mats together to give me enough space t stand on level with the "impact" mat and seeing how that goes.

Better than most for sure. They have an ultimate version that is even more padded as well.

Hitting down on them is no issue. I like chipping off of it. Gets a orrery real feel. When you dig down too far it really slows the club speed down. Such as a fat shot would do.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Last night, ordered the 12"x24" & 24"x48" stance mat for Optishot sim, plus turf top for sim deck. Just got e-mail that it's been shipped.

So I purchased the Monster Tee Golf Turf 13" x 20" to use in my garage to practice while the weather sucks here. First I was impressed how quickly it shipped and got here. Kudos to them on that. So it arrived, rolled up and taped, in a plastic bag. I still haven't quite gotten it flattened all the way out from being rolled up, but it hasn't really been an issue so far. I got it unrolled and took it out to try it out right away. I was surprised to see it came with a rubber tee. Nice surprise, even though it does indeed hold a regular tee. I found the backing isn't very grippy, so I'm having to improvise a way to keep it from sliding around much. Not a big deal, and something I anticipated having gone with the small size and with my ghetto application of it.

I've had this now 5 days and have used this every night since I received it. The pain I had been having in my right arm from hitting off my putting green (and thus, basically just off the garage concrete) has gone away. I have been able to use every club from driver to wedge with no issues at all. Definitely gives a little, though not a lot, but I can definitely notice if I hit it fat. I have had a few small chunks of the terf come off, but nothing noticeable, so I don't know if they were off the edge where it had been cut or what yet, but it is something I'll be keeping an eye on. Overall though, I'm really happy with it so far. I do intend to buy a larger size down the road, but for now I'm going to see about securing this one to the floor somehow so it doesn't slide too much.

just thought I'd share some thoughts on this so far. These are definitely solid mats for the price.

Thanks for the thoughts checkered. Dear god I can imagine how much better that is on the body than what you were using before.

Thanks. Yeah it is quite a step up. I am determined to practice what I have been being taught though so had been just dealing with it. Now I can practice much longer.

I've been using my 48x60" version for a few days now and I gotta say, it's far better than any mat I've ever used. Both in swing feel and quality of materials. It's really very plush, and stepping on it feels a little bit like stepping on the second cut at a lot of courses, although for hitting purposes the surface is much more like a fairway. I'm using it in the back yard, and I've taken a section of 2x8 to put either under the part I stand on or under the part the ball is on. That lets me simulate above/below my feet shots and seems to be working very well. Right now I'm mainly using it for chipping and pitching, and it sure is nice not putting divots all over the yard :D. Soon I'll be setting up the big net and taking the swingbyte out back to work on some drives with some foam balls. The mat is really making a difference in my ability to practice for a few minutes without driving to the club. It's not a real substitute for the practice area there, but it's a lot more convenient and i don't have to clean my clubs afterwards. Lovin' it.

Last edited:
So I purchased the Monster Tee Golf Turf 13" x 20" to use in my garage to practice while the weather sucks here. First I was impressed how quickly it shipped and got here. Kudos to them on that. So it arrived, rolled up and taped, in a plastic bag. I still haven't quite gotten it flattened all the way out from being rolled up, but it hasn't really been an issue so far. I got it unrolled and took it out to try it out right away. I was surprised to see it came with a rubber tee. Nice surprise, even though it does indeed hold a regular tee. I found the backing isn't very grippy, so I'm having to improvise a way to keep it from sliding around much. Not a big deal, and something I anticipated having gone with the small size and with my ghetto application of it.

I've had this now 5 days and have used this every night since I received it. The pain I had been having in my right arm from hitting off my putting green (and thus, basically just off the garage concrete) has gone away. I have been able to use every club from driver to wedge with no issues at all. Definitely gives a little, though not a lot, but I can definitely notice if I hit it fat. I have had a few small chunks of the terf come off, but nothing noticeable, so I don't know if they were off the edge where it had been cut or what yet, but it is something I'll be keeping an eye on. Overall though, I'm really happy with it so far. I do intend to buy a larger size down the road, but for now I'm going to see about securing this one to the floor somehow so it doesn't slide too much.

just thought I'd share some thoughts on this so far. These are definitely solid mats for the price.

Nice dude, glad you're happy with it. I'd be all over one of these if I had a place to put it.

Thinking about getting one of these.

They seem pretty legit.

Back