The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's grandmother passed away and honestly it's a bit of a relief. She was ready to go, and was completely at peace. Her battle with dementia had gotten much worse over the past few months. The last few weeks were difficult for the family as she was unresponsive and she passed yesterday morning.

I’m glad she doesn't have to suffer anymore, and I’m also glad that she was surrounded by friends and family constantly for the past several months. An ailing family member has a way of bringing people together and can often make the bonds between family stronger as it’s a reminder that life is short and we should all make the best of it.
My wife is doing well in a difficult time. She’s a teacher and today was the first day of school so she’s there but we’ll be at the viewing tonight and the funeral tomorrow.

It’s been said many times here lately but remember to tell those you love that you love them and take a little time to enjoy the simple things in life. Life is busy, but in the end the memories you cherish the most are the ones with your friends and family.

sorry for the loss man. Glad that she doesn't have to suffer any more.

Sometimes, an outside viewpoint is a good thing.

Its gonna be a good week I think.

My wife's grandmother passed away and honestly it's a bit of a relief. She was ready to go, and was completely at peace. Her battle with dementia had gotten much worse over the past few months. The last few weeks were difficult for the family as she was unresponsive and she passed yesterday morning.

I’m glad she doesn't have to suffer anymore, and I’m also glad that she was surrounded by friends and family constantly for the past several months. An ailing family member has a way of bringing people together and can often make the bonds between family stronger as it’s a reminder that life is short and we should all make the best of it.
My wife is doing well in a difficult time. She’s a teacher and today was the first day of school so she’s there but we’ll be at the viewing tonight and the funeral tomorrow.

It’s been said many times here lately but remember to tell those you love that you love them and take a little time to enjoy the simple things in life. Life is busy, but in the end the memories you cherish the most are the ones with your friends and family.
Sorry for your wife's loss. Thoughts and prayers brother

Sorry to hear this Derek, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sorry to hear this, Derek....lots of thoughts and positive energy to you and yours.

Derek, dude, I'm thinking about you and yours man.

Thinking of you and your family Derek.

Sorry about your wife's grandmother, Derek.

I know exactly how you feel. My wife's grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's for years before she passed. It was very sad, but also an incredible relief because we knew that she was at peace.

Derek your family will be in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Just know that her grand mother is likely resting peacefully, something she probably hasn't done for a while. I'm here for you pal, take care!!

I'm sorry Derek You will be in prayers. May you and her be in peace.

Just got finished making the swords for my costume.
shuhei_hisagi_cosplay_updated_by_spiritomb1231-d6jsw3w.jpg

30 guests browsing the Fantasy football draft #1 thread. I wonder if they are doing research?

I bet they worked really hard on that too

I bet they worked really hard on that too

Rumor (and strictly rumor) is that you get Bama and Auburn credits for working on that sign. :D

Rumor (and strictly rumor) is that you get Bama and Auburn credits for working on that sign. :D

I bet War would draft the guy who got the Auburn credits

I got nothing.

On a semi-related note, I've already decided what the baby is gonna be for Halloween (actual baby not shown):

Ewok2_zps776addd4.jpg

I love all the stuff that is going on and we are so happy that most seem to be enjoying it as well.

To quote the great Sir Hawk of #DreamTeam

#Important

I love all the stuff that is going on and we are so happy that most seem to be enjoying it as well.

To quote the great Sir Hawk of #DreamTeam

#Important

Indeed exciting times at THP, so glad to be part of it.

Thanks for all you and GG do to make it happen.

And a big thanks to every OEM for their fantastic support of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back