wrayner83

Reaction score
Handicap
Heading down to Kiawah in 2 weeks and trying to get course opinions and pricing. Anyone been down there around this time and can speak for pricing? We'll be playing 3-4 times with the Ocean Course obviously being one. I know Osprey Point is closed for renovations but would love to hear everyone's opinion on the others. I heard that they do offer a replay rate which can get you out on the Ocean for $175. Anyone taken advantage of that?

I have no clue on the pricing this time of year. But I do remember that you get a little bit of a break if you are staying on site. Make sure you mention that at booking if it applies.

There is a Gary Player course down there (I think it's Cougar Pointe) that is kind of treated like the runt of the litter. Personally, that's my favorite course outside of the Ocean Course. Very picturesque, and you will use every club in your bag.

Other recommendation is to play the Ocean Course in the morning with a caddie. You can take a cart in the afternoon, but it just isn't the same feeling. I'm not one to drop a bunch of money on a round of golf, but the Ocean Course is an exception for me.

Have fun!

Kiawah Island

Take a look at Wild Dunes if your searching others courses in the area. I just came back last week and both the harbor and links courses were great. Harbor is short and very tight.

Edit- forgot to add that I looked at Kiawah and believe it was around $300 with the caddie fee. We did not stay on property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've played the Ocean Course, Osprey Point, and Cougar Pointe down there and I recommend all three, although Osprey is closed. I agree with ATLGolfer, check out Cougar Pointe!

First thread I saw. I got a buddy who lives in charleston and we were talking about playing the ocean course. Is it even worth the price?

Ocean course is bucket list for me. I hope you do it and tell us all how wonderful it was.

JM

I had an amazing round there....and that wasn't the scoring. Toughest course I've ever played. Beautiful and an experience I'll never forget. I played it in 2007 when on the island for a conference.

Back