The state of your game?

I spent to much time over the last month on the full swing. It has improved a ton but I need to get back to the short game work daily. My scores haven't changed in the last few weeks because I am not getting up and down as often even though I am hitting more fairways and greens. Overall I have a really solid plan and lessons have helped a ton. Now it it time to pull it all together and hopefully peak at the right time.

Game is still not where I want it, as I know I haven't reached my full potential yet. Lots of work to be done, but overall I'm fairly happy with where I am. That being said, my game is in a better place than what it was last year at this time by a long way. I'm much more consistent and have gotten rid of the horrible shut face hook I was fighting all last summer.

I spent to much time over the last month on the full swing. It has improved a ton but I need to get back to the short game work daily. My scores haven't changed in the last few weeks because I am not getting up and down as often even though I am hitting more fairways and greens. Overall I have a really solid plan and lessons have helped a ton. Now it it time to pull it all together and hopefully peak at the right time.

If you are hitting more GIR's than ever before are you just 3 jacking like crazy that is leading to the high scores?

Considering my back injury a few weeks back and now hurting my arm in a fall on Sunday....I haven't played at 100% in a while.
I will say that prior to all that nonsense, my driver has been coming around and my putting has improved. I think I'll be able to get under 5 hdcp
by the end of the summer which was my goal at the beginning of the year. I've just gotta focus on keeping the driver in play off of the tee
and I should be good.

I'm playing by far the best I ever have!
I took lessons over the winter, and 5 since the season started.
I swing a club almost every day.
I play probably on average 4 rounds weekly.
My struggles come when I try to get "cute" with a shot.

More work to do, but I'm confident I can get where I want to be!

If you are hitting more GIR's than ever before are you just 3 jacking like crazy that is leading to the high scores?

That is a big part of it. I am also not chipping as close as I was. I have been working with my instructor 100% on full swing to get things where I want them before the MC. The short game and putting suffered more than I expected as a result.

I'm scoring decent, but if I had to grade my game. Short but Accurate. Nice to be in the short grass but I think I'd prefer a little offline and another 20 yards. Irons, good but not great having 150+ into greens is hurting my iron game but from 130 in I'm pretty deadly. Wedges are super I have my yardages down. Chipping and putting are saving my game from big numbers.

I'm not where I want to be yet, but I really do feel like I'm on my way. Our year started late here, and then I was not able to play for a while right after it started. So I feel like I'm about in my early year/spring game and still working to get towards mid year form. I am feeling pretty confident in a lot of the things I'm doing, and even when I feel like I've played bad I'm posting scores a couple strokes better than the end of last year.

I am happy with the state of my game. Putting and off the tee are as solid as they've been in a long time and my index is dropping as a result, even when traveling to courses I don't play much and when playing harder courses. I'm really pumped about that. Iron play and pitch /chips can be tightened up...I need to keep working on that.

I'm really confident with my putting right now and am happy with my driving and short game. My ball striking with irons and the long clubs, however, is definitely something that has fallen off in the last couple months and is the missing piece. When that part of my game is on, I'm scoring well, but when it's not, it hurts a lot. My main and only miss with those clubs is the thin worm burner and I know what I'm doing wrong, so it's a matter of continuing to work on it.

I often look at where I am now from where I was a year ago and from that perspective, I am pretty encouraged. Even my bad rounds don't go into triple figures any more and if I'm mis hitting a club, I'm able to eventually fix it mid round.

My tee game has left me, so I'm hacking right now. It feels like I spend 1/2 the round scrambling from a bad tee shot. As a result, my scores are unfortunately up.

I'm happy where it is but still looking for more...or less. Those one off shots that have their own mindset need to go away all together. I've made great improvement and still a lot to be had.

That is a big part of it. I am also not chipping as close as I was. I have been working with my instructor 100% on full swing to get things where I want them before the MC. The short game and putting suffered more than I expected as a result.

I know that feeling, I have to make myself go chip balls every time Im at the range or a lesson. Need to start putting more too.

Also realized Ive hit predominantly 7I in all my lessons and really need some tee game work too.

Right now the state of my game would be classified as solid and steady. I don't think anything really stands out as a glaring weakness or strength. I could be better in all areas of the game but I feel comfortable right now with anything that is put in front of me

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I really have no idea where my game is. My last 2 rounds I shot 81-81 in Florida with basically no practice this year and very limited putting work. Honestly I havent had time or money to work on my game. Every day off is tied up with something else going on, if I don't anything going on, then I'm at work for 10 or 11 hours a day...I've played less that 8 rounds and 4 of those was in Florida with my dad, another one of those I didn't play my own my ball the entire round. I have only played one and half rounds at home. When I have played, I've played well for the most part, but short game touch just isn't there, putting is probably what kept me in those last two rounds. So to answer the question, I have no clue on the state of my game.

Great thread Trout, it's always a good idea to take a look at things middle of the season and see where you're at.

My game has never been better. It's funny because I think last year at this time I said that, and the year before that I said that as well. I've accomplished things I haven't ever done before lately. I've never considered myself much of a birdie machine, more along the lines of steady and a player who rarely has a blow up hole. This year I've thrown some birdie strings together that have been a lot of fun. In June I played with THP'ers at Troy Burne in Hudson, WI and shot a 43-33. The front 9 was rainy, very wet and cold. Back 9 I just went off. A few weeks later in Wednesday night Men's Club I shot a -4 32 for 9 holes. Backed that up with a -2 33 on the back 9 the next time out. Just played in a tournament this weekend and shot a 73 (+2) which is my best ever tournament score. Tough conditions and brutally fast greens that day, but I just had it going.

I know a huge part of why I'm playing so well is confidence. I know my game is in good shape so when I get out I know I'll play well and a lot of times I almost will myself to good scores. It's been a fun stretch for sure. My handicap is currently at 4.1 with 2 scores of 73 yet to be included in the next revision, I'm sure it'll drop to the 3.x's....the thing about it is that I feel like I can consistently shoot my handicap now too. Something that used to be a struggle for me. I'm loving it right now.....I have some big tournaments coming up and I can't wait to get out there and keep it going!

Poor. Driving and approach shots have improved quite a bit after changing my swing over the Winter. Chipping and putting are awful though. Wasting 10-15 stroke each round just around the greens. Have lost all touch for some reason. I played a round recently in which I didn't lose a single ball, or hit hazard, but still shot a 95. Really frustrating. But I'd make a great "best ball" partner. :)

I am exactly where I want to be handicap wise and on the green.

Elsewhere, I am kind of surprised, but I am going to continue to improve until it meets my expectations. Just working to get my smash factor and overall ball striking as good as it can be.

I would say right now my game is solid and improving. Since my revelation of "hit the ball with the left hand", my ball striking has never been better.
The driver is finding more fairways, my gir's are going up (just have to fine tune the aiming) and my putting is as good as ever and improving.
If I can get that revelation to be a natural part of my swing and not have to think about doing it every time, I pity the fools that take me on.
Let's just say, I am excited about where my golf game is going.

Mostly Colorado... a week or so in Idaho come August. :act-up:

No really... my game is inevitably going to be rusty. I've played 10 rounds in the last 2 years (7 rounds last August/September and 3 this March), so most of the game just needs playing to get back in shape. Surprisingly, my putting seemed to be the least rusty part of my game. I had some issues during those 3 rounds this March getting my full swing back and it took most of 2 rounds to find my chipping feel.

My game is finally rounding into form. I've been spot on with my wedges the last few weeks and my irons have been decent as well. Putting is just about there, I've got loads of confidence in my new flatstick, just have to adjust to the greens being a bit quicker recently. I've got to do a better job of keeping my swing under control off the tee especially later in the round when I start to get a little tired mentally. I've got a short game tune-up with my pro this thursday, and I'm hoping to peak for the club championship over the next two weekends.

I think my game is a much better place than where it started this year. Iron striking is as good as it's been. I could use some more work on getting a little more distance and accuracy off of the tee, and my short game, while improved, still needs more work. I think putting has been very good this year, not nearly as many 3 jacks as in years past.

My game is actually in pretty good shape. I accept how much I play, which is probably more than most (2-4 times per week). But I'm striking the ball well. I'm really in the stage of fine tuning everything. I'll put some practice in with driver and long irons, but no major swing changes. Short game and putting will see the most practice this month, because at least on my course, that's where the game is won.

~Rock

My game is slowly rounding into shape. I am really driving the ball well and my short game is tightening up. I just need to be more consistent with the irons and, more importantly, start making some putts in the 15-20 foot range. Turning 1-3 two putt pars into birdies every round would be great.

Back