2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only rule is that the same ball has to be used for the entire hole that it's started with.

Looks like I will be putting in some practice with some Q-stars!

I think the only rule is that the same ball has to be used for the entire hole that it's started with.

Here's a question, and maybe I'm over thinking it. But let's throw out a scenario. dhill tees one off dead straight in the fairway with his Q-star. Me with the second shot, I put it promptly right into the woods OB. Now do I drop an e5 for Derek's third shot or does he have to pull a Q star out for his third shot to keep congruent with using one off the tee?

Is my question clear as mud?

I think the change in ball could play a huge role for some teams, but have a minimal effect on others. Should be interesting to say the least.

Here's a question, and maybe I'm over thinking it. But let's throw out a scenario. dhill tees one off dead straight in the fairway with his Q-star. Me with the second shot, I put it promptly right into the woods OB. Now do I drop an e5 for Derek's third shot or does he have to pull a Q star out for his third shot to keep congruent with using one off the tee?

It's my understanding that you have to play the hole with the same ball so in this scenario he would have to pull anther Q Star out for the third shot.

First of all that crap ain't gonna happen. And 2nd of all you'd owe him a freakin ball dude that's what would happen!! :D

I made sure I was at least playing the same color ball as my partner and then just went with the same ball because it fits me well. Anyone having to deal with two different colored golf balls?

First of all that crap ain't gonna happen. And 2nd of all you'd owe him a freakin ball dude that's what would happen!! :D

Lol, hypothetical questions only... Haha

Looks like I will be putting in some practice with some Q-stars!

Not necessarily. If your playing B330-RX I am very comfortable playing those the entire round.

Let the strategy begin!

ETA: Seeing you are playing the S model..Nevermind! Haha

I think the change in ball could play a huge role for some teams, but have a minimal effect on others. Should be interesting to say the least.

Captains could have paired their players that were sponsored by the same company. While balls might have been a bit different in a few cases, it could have been largely the same for all pairings.

Captains could have paired their players that were sponsored by the same company. While balls might have been a bit different in a few cases, it could have been largely the same for all pairings.

True. I know I am paired with Kelly. We are both Callaway and play a similar game so I do not think it will be an issue for us. Heck, we may just play the same ball the entire round.

If my biggest worry is the type of ball we're playing, things will be going VERY well. :banana:

True. I know I am paired with Kelly. We are both Callaway and play a similar game so I do not think it will be an issue for us. Heck, we may just play the same ball the entire round.

Had you any thoughts on what ball you would play? I'm playing HEX Black most of the time. On off day i'll put HEX Hot Pro in play

Is it possible that we can just use 1 ball for the whole round? Instead of switching every hole? That might be more of an issue then the ball itself.

What ball are you playing Wade?

Currently I'm playing the Hex Chrome, due to my lower swing speed. However, I don't think it would make a huge difference if I played the Hex Chrome+ or even Hex Black if you'd prefer that.

Is it possible that we can just use 1 ball for the whole round? Instead of switching every hole? That might be more of an issue then the ball itself.

Use par 3's for example. Would you not want your partner to be using the best ball for him. It would also mean he would know that ball and have his distances dialed in

Mine was pretty darn close.

I'm surprised how much is being made about the ball stuff. Not saying you guys are wrong or anything, just surprised. I had a quick chat with my partner about ball selection and the decision was pretty easy..

That, and most companies have balls that offer good similarities between their competition. Just match it up and go for it.

Was thinking about this.. I dont recall a decision being posted about teamates for the AS that were repping different brands.
See below.
That would make the most sense to me, JT. I believe that is how they do it in the Ryder Cup and other Alt Shot events. Pre-round decide on one ball to play, that way it stays consistent.

I'm surprised how much is being made about the ball stuff. Not saying you guys are wrong or anything, just surprised. I had a quick chat with my partner about ball selection and the decision was pretty easy..

That, and most companies have balls that offer good similarities between their competition. Just match it up and go for it.
Yeah, but, your Alt Shot partner is pretty awesome.

Honestly I don't think the ball is going to be much of an issue for me. I'll play whatever Buck wants to play and it will make it my responsibility to get accustomed to that ball. Is his ball going to be perfect for me, probably not but I don't always golf with the same ball every time out. I'm sure I can adapt.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That better not happen! Just kidding. Sparked a fun bit of conversation.

+1000. Jake and I talked about it for 30 seconds, and then we were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back