Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

Generally pick up shirts, however pick up lots of ball markers too...

Have also started picking up quarters from the states I play in, and plan to do a ball and quarter thing done showing all 50 states at some point...
Nice collection, except for that god awful MSU Cats one...lol couldn't help myself.

I added another course marker to my collection yesterday. It came from Tartan Fields in Columbus OH, a signature Palmer course. It was awesome.

20130626_090940-1.jpg

Dan, that Canadian one looks exactly like the one I sent you the link of....

I think you've got that backwards.

Ok.

Dan, that Canadian one looks just like the one I made mention of wanting, then you showed me the link after I initially brought it up.

Ok.

Dan, that Canadian one looks just like the one I made mention of wanting, then you showed me the link after I initially brought it up.

hahaha I accept that rendition. It's pretty wicked.

Nice collection, except for that god awful MSU Cats one...lol couldn't help myself.

WOW, a THP'er in Montana!!! woohoo!!!!

I will look past your obvious lack of character (in choosing to support the Griz :) ) and assume it is a geography issue... :)

thrilled to ahve another THP'er in Montana, maybe we can find more and do a get together at some point!!

WOW, a THP'er in Montana!!! woohoo!!!!

I will look past your obvious lack of character (in choosing to support the Griz :) ) and assume it is a geography issue... :)

thrilled to ahve another THP'er in Montana, maybe we can find more and do a get together at some point!!

Lol I was also surprised when I saw another member from MT just browsing through posts. I'll let your comments about the Griz slide(this time ;-)). Makes me wonder if there are any more of us lol.

Generally pick up shirts, however pick up lots of ball markers too...

Have also started picking up quarters from the states I play in, and plan to do a ball and quarter thing done showing all 50 states at some point...

Pretty sweet collection.

This came today:
9ygezape.jpg

ybuqytyp.jpg

What Do You Use to MARK Your Ball??

What Do You Use to MARK Your Ball??

Hey all,

I was just going through a couple of souvenirs I picked up over the years and noticed I had a couple of neat Divot Tools and some Ball Markers. I know lots of people collect these tools and ball markers from courses they have played, tourneys that have went and watched or from famous courses and such. I wondered what kind of do-dads might you all collect and use.

So, I'd like to ask you guys and gals what do you use for a BALL MARKER? Do you have a lot of them or a few VERY SPECIAL ones that you always use? Any ball markers that were given to you that have very special meaning to them? What about a superstitious ball marker? Do you have any superstitions about your ball markers?

I'd like to hear about what you mark with and if you collect them. If you have some cool stuff or special markers that mean a lot to you, how about taking some pics and posting them and tell about them? I'd like to see and hear about them and I'm sure others would too.

Any other golf related stuff that you collect like divot tools? You can post pics of those too. No pics are ever unwelcome.

Anxious to see what comes up.

Thanks all.

Nalajr

Merged with a pretty big thread on this subject.

I use a 2 Euro-cent coin. It's magnetic, so it sticks to my divot tool.

I'd like to get some ideas.

I lost my DAD in 2008. I still miss him and think of him every single day.

As I was going through his things I found a few brass type poker chips. They are heavy and big, probably the size of a silver dollar. He brought them back from VEGAS where he said was the BEST time he had ever had on vacation by himself. HE LOVED IT. So when I saw them in his desk drawer, I kept them. I didn't think to keep coins he had in his disk drawer or a small jar he kept loose change in as those things would've been perfect for a marker.
The only thing I have now are those 5 or 6 poker chips. I am trying to think of a way I can turn those into a nice ball marker to use and keep with me. Maybe one side I could have it sanded smooth and engrave something on it. I don't know.

Any ideas on how I could manage this idea into a ball marker?

Great thread too.
Nalajr

I took an old zipperd first aid kit carrying case and cut out the inside. Then I attached a magnet on the the right and it holds my markers great! On the left I left pockets for the tools.

IK6tjdVl.jpg

Qz9wc99l.jpg

Some nice collections there.

The one accessory i use the most is my groove cleaner, but got fed up with the cheap plastic look it had. so i quickly knocked this up

BJ2CBLjCAAAREN-.jpg

Was looking for something in my golf bag and started pulling out ball markers. I didn't realize I had this many. May start collecting them.

8a7ysuru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Was looking for something in my golf bag and started pulling out ball markers. I didn't realize I had this many. May start collecting them.

8a7ysuru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It appears you already have.

I have 2 pretty cool markers on their way. One is a members only Augusta National Golf Cub marker that can only be obtained from the clubhouse.

I have 2 pretty cool markers on their way. One is a members only Augusta National Golf Cub marker that can only be obtained from the clubhouse.

That's cool. Dev

And the other?

Back