Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Matrix Radix in the 60g range Cookie. Feels good to me.

Guys, regarding the indoor putting surface -

I just bought a 12x6 strip of this indoor/outdoor carpet or something like it. I want to say it was $.60/sq foot at the time>> http://www.lowes.com/pd_327865-1761...entURL=?Ns=p_product_price|0&page=1&facetInfo=

Then, I cut some holes in it. I did have some cups with a raised back on them from an old mat that I use in the holes to stop the ball, but I bet you could make something similar if you wanted w/ 4 inch PVC or something.

Just laid that out on my cement floor in the basement and taped it down w/ double sided carpet tape. That was about a year ago and it's still in good shape.

Didnt like the offset or just didnt work for you?

Offset doesn't bother me aesthetically.

I think it was the shaft that I didn't jive with mostly. Motore F1 (I think) tip trimmed.

Need to spend a little time with Nate's 4w (hit it a few weeks ago on range and saw good results) and the Super S by the sounds of it.

I think it was the shaft that I didn't jive with mostly. Motore F1 (I think) tip trimmed.

Need to spend a little time with Nate's 4w (hit it a few weeks ago on range and saw good results) and the Super S by the sounds of it.

Fortunately for me, I suck so the stock shaft works well for me. I have a XHot 7W that I absolutely love. Probably my favorite club in my bag at this point. Didnt even know they made a 7W in LH until I was at the store to buy the 5W.

I like the stock X Hot 4w set up. Easy to elevate and very consistent shot shape. I do choke down on it a bit because it is long. I think the sole is a little better for turf balls too.

I dropped some hints to my dad last night about a new stand bag. I'm hoping that's my birthday or Christmas gift (both are in December). I've read about the 2014 Sun Mountain Three Five bag, and I want it badly.

My 4w will be in play Sunday for you to mess with if you choose

Interesting you just posted this Hawk, last night when I was playing with Brad Morris we were talking about the Birdieball green. Since the wife has to be good at putting down in flordia in May she mentioned we should get one for practicing. On there site though looks like they got fall prices right now so its not to bad of a price compared to what you paid for your. Hows you putting surface feel with when putting, fast or slow or in the middle?
Guys, regarding the indoor putting surface -

I just bought a 12x6 strip of this indoor/outdoor carpet or something like it. I want to say it was $.60/sq foot at the time>> http://www.lowes.com/pd_327865-1761...entURL=?Ns=p_product_price|0&page=1&facetInfo=

Then, I cut some holes in it. I did have some cups with a raised back on them from an old mat that I use in the holes to stop the ball, but I bet you could make something similar if you wanted w/ 4 inch PVC or something.

Just laid that out on my cement floor in the basement and taped it down w/ double sided carpet tape. That was about a year ago and it's still in good shape.

Definitely on the faster side, but I don't think speed really matters on an indoor surface all that much. There's so much variation from course to course. I am just looking for a flat surface that rolls true.

I'm pondering finally upgrading my irons from 9 yr old x-18s to the new callaway apex. Does anyone know when a review can be expected?

Pondering selling my XHP. I've really tried to like it, but I just can't hit it consistently. I've gamed an Adam Fast LS the few rounds and hit it much better. Also pondering picking up a 290 that my friend has for sale.

I'm pondering finally upgrading my irons from 9 yr old x-18s to the new callaway apex. Does anyone know when a review can be expected?

We have a group of testers that should be getting sets very soon.

If you can hold that ponder another couple weeks we should have plenty of feedback available from the people who were for for them at the Ultimate Club Testing event with Callaway. The early feedback on them was fantastic

If you can hold that ponder another couple weeks we should have plenty of feedback available from the people who were for for them at the Ultimate Club Testing event with Callaway. The early feedback on them was fantastic
Even though I'm in love with the SpeedBlades, I will be glued to that review thread. The iron set I connected to the most...ever....was the Diablo Forged. And didn't buy because I didn't have the money then. I still regret that, and if these are anything like those? I will be up to four sets of irons....

S55's. Yeah, I said it. I love shiny things.

Also pondering what I'm going to see on course tomorrow with the Matrix hybo shafts. CRAZY pondering up in my noggin there.

Also pondering what I'm going to see on course tomorrow with the Matrix hybo shafts. CRAZY pondering up in my noggin there.

Solid ponder. I havent been this excited about a set of clubs in a long time.

I need to stop reading everyone's thoughts about these...ponder continues to increase and Im not sure why

I need to stop reading everyone's thoughts about these...ponder continues to increase and Im not sure why

The S55's or the shafts?

Pondering is healthy. Hahaha

The S55's or the shafts?

Pondering is healthy. Hahaha

The S55's, I want someone to say how bad they are and how big of a waste of time hitting them is but its not happening.

The S55's, I want someone to say how bad they are and how big of a waste of time hitting them is but its not happening.

Ha! You have APEX-sexiness coming dude. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back