Aftermarket adapters

Evok

Don't worry, Be happy!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys just trying to get some info on these. Is there any risk or potential problems with using an aftermarket adapter vs a genuine one. I'd think like anything quality would be an issue right? I ask because I recently bought a Callaway adapter for my Bertha off eBay and was told by two different people it was a Chinese knockoff. They explained the differences and showed me some fakes vs genuine. I didn't dare use the one I bought so I returned it to the seller on eBay. Anyways would I have been fine or was it a good idea to not even mess with it?

I just now saw the PM on this dude, sorry.

Mine aren't in yet from him, I'll check them out when I get them, but I've used authentic and non before with no issues, and I've had a couple non that failed on me. If you can get authentic its always the safest bet, its why I usually only use golfworks for adapters unless I'm in a pinch or just want something for some temporary tinkering.

I just now saw the PM on this dude, sorry.

Mine aren't in yet from him, I'll check them out when I get them, but I've used authentic and non before with no issues, and I've had a couple non that failed on me. If you can get authentic its always the safest bet, its why I usually only use golfworks for adapters unless I'm in a pinch or just want something for some temporary tinkering.

No prob man, I appreciate your info in here. You confirmed exactly what I was thinking, could be good or could be the potential for failure. I was afraid to take the risk haha. Keep me posted on how they work out if you could please that seller had some good deals lol.

No prob man, I appreciate your info in here. You confirmed exactly what I was thinking, could be good or could be the potential for failure. I was afraid to take the risk haha. Keep me posted on how they work out if you could please that seller had some good deals lol.

Will do dude, when in doubt, I always say play it safe.

Nice thing for me with this dude is if I don't like them, its only a 25 minute drive! Hahaha

Will do dude, when in doubt, I always say play it safe.

Nice thing for me with this dude is if I don't like them, its only a 25 minute drive! Hahaha
Lol definitely!

I've used a couple of knockoff TM adapters and had no problems. I've also used the original TM adapters. I've seen no difference. Today, I switched from a Cobra adapter to a TM adapter that had been put on by the PGA SS. I didn't even have to heat the damn thing. It just FELL off. I hate to think if I had been swinging my driver when it let loose!! That head would have flown a long way. They won't be doing much for me in the future!

I bought a Cobra Amp Cell adapter from Golf Design Works because they were the only people who claimed to have an AC adapter for a .350" shaft, which the shaft I was hoping to mount on it was. While I did eventually get what I wanted, it involved first being sent one in the wrong size, then being sent another one in the wrong size, then getting one with faulty threads, and finally getting one that worked swimmingly. Fortunately, each time I was able to explain my problem, they never did ask for any of them back...but it was a headache nonetheless.

I have used a few for TM clubs and they work fine

I have used several aftermarket adapters with no issues. Many of them are made in the exact same factory as the authentic and just don't get the OEM graphics. From my experiences with Chinese manufacturers, there are no laws preventing them from doing this over there.

I have one in my Titleist 5 wood right now. No issues at all

I just ordered a Fuji fuel and the seller offered an aftermarket adapter free or the stock titleist adapter for 15 bucks more. Personally, I'd go with the OEM adapter to be safe. When your paying the money for the shaft, better safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Only issue I ever had was with a TM adapter where it corroded very easily and didn't notice til I pulled the head off to switch the shafts.
I prefer to buy only authentic ones, just for peace of mind. Whats a couple more dollars honestly!

Only issue I ever had was with a TM adapter where it corroded very easily and didn't notice til I pulled the head off to switch the shafts.
I prefer to buy only authentic ones, just for peace of mind. Whats a couple more dollars honestly!

A couple more dollars

Back