That's great to hear. I'm really blown away with it. It's made an immediate improvement in the quality of my swing, ball flight, distance, height, and accuracy. It's taking me a little discipline to commit to hitting so many balls with it (or dry swinging at home), but once I take it off I'm starting to get a better feel for where the club head is. I can notice when I'm getting too long, where I really just didn't notice before.

It is a very cool very useful little tool for sure. You get hinge and plane help with immediate feedback and no need for cameras or whatever.

Works great for putting to. You need the rubber band wrapped low and the arm rest bit behind the top wrist. Immediate feedback if you are flipping and breaking your wrists at the bottom.

I still think this is the best training aid ever invented. At least out of those I've tried out. I really have started to focus on the way the club head feels when I'm in the right position with it, in the hopes that I'll be able to take that out to the course with some consistency. I certainly put a lot less wrist hinge in my swing without it.

Anyone know of a place to get this for cheaper than $30, ebay was decent, but I was curious if anyone had a good lead on some place cheaper.

There is a chinese knock off that you can get for $5 Icey.

According to their site, it's made in Australia.

I got one of the knock offs from Ebay from Korea....seems to work well....I paid $2 plus 3 dollars shipping

The swingyde is a great device. Just make sure you adjust it to the club you are using. EX on wedges the Swingyde should be moved up closer to your hands so it locks into your wrist with the club short of parallel and move it farther down the grip on the driver so you can get to parallel or just short.

I have two of these one I keep on a PW and the other is attached to a Medicus Driver and this is the best swing aid I have ever used. The Medicus keeps your tempo smooth and the Swingyde keeps you on plane and left wrist in perfect position.

Just a slight bump to this thread. I am thinking about getting one of these to work on keeping the club face square through the back swing and down swing. I see you have a lot of good things to say about it Hawk, do you still use it?

Hey brad, I'm out and about right now, but yes I still use it occasionally.

Brad, this thing is best at three things, helping you get the feeling of a square face at the top, the feeling of hinging and feeling where the swing should stop. Only issue is translating it to the actual swing. Haven't been as successful there as I'd like.

Brad, this thing is best at three things, helping you get the feeling of a square face at the top, the feeling of hinging and feeling where the swing should stop. Only issue is translating it to the actual swing. Haven't been as successful there as I'd like.

Thanks Hawk, I may mess around with it and see what I can get out of it. Really not trying to overthink it, but sometimes it's tough to get an idea of what the club face is doing during practice sessions.

Get the knockoff. $5 experiment.

Nothing personal..but this training aid looks like garbage...

You're adjective choice being noted, would you venture a little bit of a broader explanation of why you would put this in the same place you'd throw away banana peels?

It's been well talked about by some pretty highly regarded names.

Just cheap and flimsy...use a tee in your glove to do this.. Was told a drill with a tee that does the same thing. Or put a pencil in your glove, and use a rubber band to attach to the wrist

Why would I do that? I spent $5 on it and don't have to rig a rubber band to a pencil.

Just cheap and flimsy...use a tee in your glove to do this.. Was told a drill with a tee that does the same thing. Or put a pencil in your glove, and use a rubber band to attach to the wrist

I think I'll spend $5 just to not have to do that.

Hey Brad, I keep one of these in the house on an old wedge. I work with it all the time and it has really helped.
I had an instructor start me on it a few years back. It really helped me out for a few years. But then I got lazy with the swing again. I threw it back on this club last month and swing it every day now. My swing is getting better by the week.
It is definitely worth giving a try.

Back