Graffoloy Blue shaft in anAdams 16 drgree fairway .Will this work?

Hooker77

Reaction score
Handicap
Graffoloy is heavier but will this work or is it too heavy? If I take one inch off butt end how will that affect stiffness?As you can teel I have never done this before so am looking for guidance.

I think I answered you in the other thread, but in case you missed it.

Assuming tip size is the same, which it probably will be - yes you can and no there shouldn't be issues. A little higher swingweight, but very little. Butt cut won't change stiffness. You should probably tip that Blue per the manufacturer instructions though. Fairway woods are usually tipped an inch, but check the website to be sure.

Hawk,thanks for the reply and information.I already have the Graffoloy shaft in a Super S 3 wood which I don't care for (head is too heavy feeling)so I was just going to change heads but the shaft is 43.5 and I wanted to shorten it to 42.5 as I am more concerned with accuracy than more distance ,that is why I was asking about trimming the butt one inch.Am I thinking correctly ?

Hawk,thanks for the reply and information.I already have the Graffoloy shaft in a Super S 3 wood which I don't care for (head is too heavy feeling)so I was just going to change heads but the shaft is 43.5 and I wanted to shorten it to 42.5 as I am more concerned with accuracy than more distance ,that is why I was asking about trimming the butt one inch.Am I thinking correctly ?

Installation won't be any issue, it'll work. Even shortening to 42.5 its going to bump the swing weight a bit, shouldn't be a ton, but it will move it some as Hawk says.

Yep, in that case it sounds like you will want to butt trim. I'd avoid just lopping an inch blindly though. Pull the shaft from the Tight Lies and just make the Graffaloy match it since the TL is 42.5 in the stock config.

O.K. Thanks again.I will keep you posted as to how it turns out.

Back