How do Sponsorships Work?

Jeanthemachine

Earl of Limerick
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.7
I know that players are paid to have logos on their bags, hats, shirts, shoes, etc. etc.

Are they paid a certain amount for a bag or a hat or are they paid based on how much exposure they get. For instance, do they get a certain amount for every minute that they are on TV wearing the sponsor's hat? (they always wear the hat).

I imagine that amounts depend on the player and the agent's effectiveness but I am curious if anyone knows how those contracts are designed.

JB can answer this better, but they are paid a contract deal, it's not by how much exposure they get. A lot of guys will have a staff bag, hat and driver deal. There isn't really a company out there that has a 14 club deal, except Nike, and I am not even sure they have that anymore. Some companies just do apparel only, some apparel and shoes, it all depends.

JB can answer this better, but they are paid a contract deal, it's not by how much exposure they get. A lot of guys will have a staff bag, hat and driver deal. There isn't really a company out there that has a 14 club deal, except Nike, and I am not even sure they have that anymore. Some companies just do apparel only, some apparel and shoes, it all depends.

Interesting, I always figured 14-club deals were common.

Interesting, I always figured 14-club deals were common.

So did I. Do most get 2 seprate deals from the same OEM for Driver and irons?

Guy boros told me his deal with Taylor made says he has to carry 12 TM clubs. He carried an adams hybrid (owned by TM) and a cameron putter.
I was surprised that he plays the jet speed driver and loves it

Back