Good Stuff

Reaction score
Handicap
Transition
Does Golfsmith price match?

I think everyone does if you ask.

Great!

As a Golfsmith employee, no it does not include ebay. Golf Galaxy and maybe a couple locally recognized retailers, online I've seen it done but again has to be a major retailer

I overheard GS employee negotiating a package deal on a full set of irons and woods for some woman. It wasn't a price match either it was a full out work the numbers deal.

I wonder if that includes new items on eBay?

Only major retailers, and proof of said deal is required. So for example if you see a Callaway fairway wood at Golf Galaxy for 199 and it's 229 at Golfsmith, they'll match it if you have proof.

That being said, they won't always match Ping, Titleist, or Mizuno. If someone is under selling someone else on them, that's usually an issue to those companies.

Would the PGA Superstore be one they would match?

I think most places will price match negotiate. They want to make money so they will budge a little on the price except for Ping.

I almost never pay retail for anything. I love to haggle and angle for discounts. I have found that in golf stores I don't even have to really try - the salesman wants to make a sale so they come off the price almost instantly. Call it price matching, call it what you want... but you can usually get the gear you want in a retail store for internet prices, or very close to them. At least that's been my experience.

Yes PGASS would be included in price match. Every store is different, at the one I work in, if someone tries to price match we will log on to computer and search for it, I lost a sale last week, gentleman said Golf Galaxy was doing $99 RBZ Stage 2 fairways but when I looked in their website it said $149, at which time customer said it was in store only, obviously I can't leave to go to GG to look.

In my experience GS is very good about this. Any smart retailer is, whether it is on their website or not, if I see a price from a major competitor that is cheaper than where I am shopping I'll bring it up. All they can say is no. Maybe this makes me cheap, but businesses negotiate so why shouldn't I. There are times when a retailer delivers me outstanding service where I do not adhere to this policy, since I figure the outstanding service was worth any potential discount.

Not only did they match price today but my salesman went one step father and gave me a added discount. Clubs were $599.00 in the store and I found them for $499.00. GS sold them to me for $479.00 :banana:

I worked with the manage of my local GS store when I found a set of Cobra Amp Cell irons (used). He dropped an extra $100 off the price after a 5 minute conversation. I have already gone back to that location for a couple of other things that I could have/would have gone elsewhere to get. Great customer service will ALWAYS get me to come back.

Back