Heel-shafted blade/mallets--alternatives to Ody #9?

steamcorners

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I'm in GS the other evening, and of course I wander to the putting green. Pick up an Odyssey #9, knowing there is no way I could game that stick. My current putter is a Daddy Long Legs, prior to that, I'd been using an Anser 2 (or knockoff-Anser-style) for my entire golfing career.

I drain nearly EVERYTHING with the #9. Six footers, 20 footers, everything was either IN, or burning the lip. I picked up the Cleveland #2, as well, and it worked just as well.

Dammit. I don't NEED a new putter. But that DLL, while it's working ok for me, just looks funny. The heel-shafted stuff looks much better to my eye.

So, what alternatives should I be looking at--in other words, what should I be asking Santa for?

Two things

1) always be leery of retail store putting greens. ALWAYS!
2) no shame in having more than one style of putter. Variety is the spice of life.
3) Seemore z3, or any heel shafted Seemore for that matter, will be a treat as well.

Two things

1) always be leery of retail store putting greens. ALWAYS!
2) no shame in having more than one style of putter. Variety is the spice of life.
3) Seemore z3, or any heel shafted Seemore for that matter, will be a treat as well.

First of all: TWO things? :act-up:

I understand the concern about retail putting greens. But I grabbed another DLL and a newer Anser 2 to compare, putting from the same places, and the #9 was winning. So there were no grooves under the surface near the Scotties or some other silly ploy...

First of all: TWO things? :act-up:

I understand the concern about retail putting greens. But I grabbed another DLL and a newer Anser 2 to compare, putting from the same places, and the #9 was winning. So there were no grooves under the surface near the Scotties or some other silly ploy...

Yeah - I had meant to only post two points. Then I needed to make a recommendation on some Seemore putters. Because they're spectacular.

I almost always putt better with a #8 or #9 style putter. I have had many of both and currently I am gaming a Hoylake blade, but just picked up a Yes! Callie plumbers neck in a tournament so may give that a go for a bit. I like switching back and forth once my putting gets stale. My hoylake is excellent on slower greens, but when I play fast greens I tend to struggle with lag putts. May try to pick up a white hot #8 just to have something with a softer insert for those faster greens.

Back