Scotty Cameron Studio items sold out before email...why?

markheardjr

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm still new to these parts.

But did you all see the email from Scotty Cameron's studio today? WHy even send an email out about items for sale if they are all sold out already? I don't get it? Also, who has that much money to buy them all out already? Has to be some folks in the far east with money to burn. I have seen it from him before, but why send emails when it's all gone? Just to show off? Thoughts?

See new Gallery itemsSee new Gallery items

From what i understand this has been an on going problem for ages. The reps buy up all the stuff and then mark up the prices ten fold on eBay and people pay it.

8 could be completely wrong but this is just what I've been told.

As far as the email i have no idea.

That's just how they roll, it was the same way when I was a club Cameron member. I'd get on as soon as I'd get the email and the new stuff would already be sold out, and then you'd seem them on eBay for double the price. That's why I did not rejoin Club Cameron and part of the reason why I don't even look at Scottys anymore, just kinda left a bad taste.

Are you talking about the studio or the gallery? I got an e-mail for the gallery today and I've never seen anything in stock for that place.

I think it's because a lot of folks get the tweet before the e mail, so things tend to sell out in that time span, which is sometimes more than a day.

I understand the headcovers & hats that are under $100 that sell out really quick. But $800 ball makers and pointless cube things. Or $10,000 putters? You can't mark that stuff up by that much. Thats why I think it has to be Asian markets buying collectibles for speculation hobby investments.

And I'm talking about the gallery, where they have the putting studio. So both I guess? Not the usual website.

I understand the headcovers & hats that are under $100 that sell out really quick. But $800 ball makers and pointless cube things. Or $10,000 putters? You can't mark that stuff up by that much. Thats why I think it has to be Asian markets buying collectibles for speculation hobby investments.

And I'm talking about the gallery, where they have the putting studio. So both I guess? Not the usual website.

Geographic aspects play very little into it. Cameron collectors will pay just about anything for limited edition items, no matter where they are from.

They buy the max, and promptly put them on eBay at stupid markups. Has been the same forever now.

THIS, is the main turnoff for me with SC, this and the attitude that comes with them from more vocal users, its never been the putters for me, they're solid.

Last edited:
I happen to like some of their putters and I have 2 but I do not collect them, I play them. Not vocal about having them either.

I like when golf includes people rather than excludes people. In my mind, it is the kind of thing that turns people off from golf.

I love both of my Scotty putters but I agree with this completely.

I also got the email and clicked just to see what was out there. First of all, it's ridiculous that these guys buy up all this stuff and mark it up on eBay when the prices are already insanely high. Second of all, it blows me away that there are actually people who are willing to dish out $10K for some "collector" items from a putter company. I struggle paying $100 for an Odyssey limited edition head cover!

Hell, I struggle paying $100 for a putter. Guess that's why I never have hahahaha.

...I am such a cheapskate.

Back on topic, yeah this is pretty frkn lame. Exploitation artists like this drive me nuts. Scottys are great putters, but I can definitely see how this would turn you off of them.

lol, did you see the prices anyway? Any fool that is willing to pay 10K for a putter deserves to be beaten with it...and this one has burn marks on the weld. WTF???

http://www.scottycameron.com/gallery-store/product.aspx?zpid=843

To be fair, that is left because many like it. Those get that pricey because those are the few that Scotty is actually hands on working on nowadays. Yes, crazy to me too, but that is why they're up there.

I think the prices are crazy too but that's because most of us don't have that kind of money sitting around for a putter. For the guys that do, who are we to judge what they spend their money on. There's no telling what ridiculous stuff id buy if I were rich lol

Scottygate??

What is the age old saying?........"There is a sucker born"............

Here's my question - what makes that $10K putter any better than a $350 Scotty putter?

For that kind of money I'm not hanging a putter on my wall to admire it like a piece of art, I'm putting that thing in play and it had better help me drain every single putter that I stand over for the rest of my life.

For that kind of money it better get itself out the bag and go sink the putt with me sitting in the cart with a beer in my hand that it just got for me!

Back