Higher Compression E6? or ProV1X? Or Mystrey Ball

Philly

Reaction score
Handicap
An old question phrased a little different. Appologies for this. I am signing up for winter lessons but can't find time to practice and play and need to squeeze everything I can out of thee equipment.

I "need/want" the side spin killing benefit of the E6.
But I swing hard (96mph 6i, over 105mph often 110 with driver) and beleive the E6 compression is a bad fit for that swing speed.

I play the 330-RX; Just too many wayward hooks and slices that I do not see with the E6 (But I am shorter with the E6).

Tried the ProV1X; liked it off irons but did not drive it well.
It was an odd day and probably need to give it another chance.

I am not rich but I am OK spending a little if the right ball is out there.

So options
1) Give the ProV1X more time (this is the less spinny version I think)
2) Is there a higher compression less spinny bridgestone?
3) Some other brand?

e7 sounds like what you are looking for.

If you want high compression try the Callaway I(Z). It's an older version and can be found for cheap right now.

Second the E7 on that. Also, I really liked the Hopkins VL Pro for $19.99 played very similar to the E6 for me but held greens better.

I don't see why that would be the case.

It also seems like a swing issue dude. Trust me if you're slicing one, you'll slice them all. A ball isn't going to change that. I think it's great you've got lessons coming up so in the meantime I'd play the cheapest of those balls you selected.

Higher Compression E6? or ProV1X? Or Mystrey Ball

I'm having the same dilemma and tried the E7 today. Inconclusive after 9 holes. There were a fair few wayward drives that side spun a load, but I think that was more to do with me than the ball. Then again, the drives I hit with my stock practice ball (NXT) tended to fly straighter. Whether that's because it was my second effort and I'd sorted the kink in the swing or because of the ball, I couldn't say. Will give it another go tomorrow, but I think it's between the e7 and the 330 RX. Another one to look at is the NXT Tour S, which is my favourite so far.

Second what evok said. Sounds like it may be the archer, not the arrow.

To be more clear, it will have side spin more like the 330-RX and less like the E6. Is that correct?

I don't really know if that would be the case. e6 has the inner mantle and in both monitor testing and on-course testing I did see a reduction in movement sideways compared to a Z-Star I hit it next to, but we're talking pretty small differences.

I think it might be worth picking up a sleeve of the e7 though. It's made for lower spin and higher swing speeds if I remember correctly.

Agree with this. Better shots come from a better swing.
Although I see much less (for me typically the high hook) with the E6.
Oh I'm sure, since the e6 is designed to reduce sidespin. But if that ball is hooking, I don't think any other ball will fly straighter. When I start spraying off the tee, I think about what I'm doing wrong with my swing, not what ball I can try next. On course I would try and compensate by aiming opposite way til you get a lesson.

Agree with this. Better shots come from a better swing.
Although I see much less (for me typically the high hook) with the E6.
You could try the e7 but also if you're accurate with the e6 and just a tad shorter I wouldn't be too concerned. If your swing speed is 110 as you say I'd think you get the ball out there pretty far correct? The e6 is a good ball at a good price, you may just want to stick with it imo and make a little swing change

You could try the e7 but also if you're accurate with the e6 and just a tad shorter I wouldn't be too concerned. If your swing speed is 110 as you say I'd think you get the ball out there pretty far correct? The e6 is a good ball at a good price, you may just want to stick with it imo and make a little swing change

Yep. 260-270 unaided with driver & E6; Little longer with the other balls.

Thanks to all for the advice.

The Srixon Q star is a nice 2 piece ball that helps reduce spin. Some of the guys I play with are loving it and have been having more distance and accuracy with it.

Back