Stable26 Golf Sock Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some cool stuff here from a company I've never heard of. They offer peformance socks for a variety of activities, including golf. Aside from the normal things we see in performance socks (breatheable materials, designed for use in sports, etc), they claim to give your footwear a better fit and more rearfoot support through the use of silicone inserts in the sides of the socks. Each pair retails for around $25 and comes with three different size inserts (for proper fit) and a little mesh laundering bag.

Check out their website here if you're interested >>> http://www.stable26.com/products/?golf
DSCN2763-L.jpg

DSCN2762-L.jpg

Interesting but that's a pretty steep price for socks.

Interesting product, but they look super distracting. Hell, I freak out when I get the tiniest pebble in my shoe. Really interested to hear how these fit and feel against your foot

Im really looking forward to this. After reading about these, they intrigue me.

Definitely an interesting product.

Would take something quite special to get me out of Swiftwick's and the price is pretty darn high on these.

Also hope they would have some much shorter versions in their lineup.

Definitely an interesting product.

Would take something quite special to get me out of Swiftwick's and the price is pretty darn high on these.

Also hope they would have some much shorter versions in their lineup.

I agree with you Cookie on both the Siwftwicks and the height, I am strictly a no show sock wearer.

Lack of no-shows makes them less cool.

Interesting product, though. I don't think being more connected to my shoes will make me any less likely to swing out of them.

These are.......different...

Will be curious to read about them but not sure if I would wear them?

Well, not everyone's feet are the same and shoes don't always fit perfectly so why not get some help fitting from your socks. Very interested to hear what you think about them.

These intrigue me...Being someone with a lot of foot and ankle problems, I don't want to wear a brace, so this might be something to help me on the course, and perhaps even running.

Dan

I wore these both times I practiced this week. One was just range time, but yesterday I walked a 3 hole course 3 times while carrying my bag (in addition to the range).

Wore them with some Cally Xtremes that I've been trying to break in. In a broad sense, they are pretty darn comfortable. Nice feeling material for sure. I had my doubts, but the silicon pads in the heel are really nice. I didn't realize just how much movement of the shoe I had going on before trying them out. It really snugs up the shoe in the heel, which seemed to make the whole thing fit better.

Going to try them out with some other shoes here this weekend.

I wore these both times I practiced this week. One was just range time, but yesterday I walked a 3 hole course 3 times while carrying my bag (in addition to the range).

Wore them with some Cally Xtremes that I've been trying to break in. In a broad sense, they are pretty darn comfortable. Nice feeling material for sure. I had my doubts, but the silicon pads in the heel are really nice. I didn't realize just how much movement of the shoe I had going on before trying them out. It really snugs up the shoe in the heel, which seemed to make the whole thing fit better.

Going to try them out with some other shoes here this weekend.
Very cool Hawk. Back in college when I used to play BBall I ponyed up and bought some BBall socks. They had extra padding where you needed it: ankle, arch, heel. The shoe stuck on your foot like glue. I loved it.

Sounds like the same concept here. I do notice my foot sliding in my shoes, which I think fit snug. I try to tighten the laces as tight as possible until my foot hurts and that doesn't seem to help. Like the idea of the sock. I would need more than 1 pair with all the golf I play and the price just scares me.

Interesting for sure. Would definitely love to give them a try, but at $25 a pop, I think I would have to pass. Plus, I would want them shorter.

The price will certainly be turn-off to some folks, though it seems like everybody I've heard of that has went the performance sock route has been happy with the purchase. That becomes a little more important with people that have foot issues I'm sure.

The length was a bit of an issue to me as well. I got the shorter of the two versions and actually rolled the top down once to shorten it up. Looked fine to me.

The price will certainly be turn-off to some folks, though it seems like everybody I've heard of that has went the performance sock route has been happy with the purchase. That becomes a little more important with people that have foot issues I'm sure.

The length was a bit of an issue to me as well. I got the shorter of the two versions and actually rolled the top down once to shorten it up. Looked fine to me.

It looked like there was a shorter version on their site, but I could not get to them. Maybe I needed to go to the runners sock. I was only looking at Golf.

I never thought of that, but might be a good idea afw. I'm not sure why there isn't a shorter one out there for golf since it's played in shorts so often.

The socks are legit. I like them enough that I'm making an effort to wash the single pair I have between rounds. I played an 18 hole riding round and a nine hole walking round in the shoes I'm breaking in while wearing them and didn't have any foot issues at all. Very comfortable and it's hard to explain how they make the shoe just fit right in the heel, which sort of allows the whole shoe to fit right.

Like the idea and everything and I would have no issue with the price provided they last long. I would be curious to know how much use they can take before they break down.

Well, I'll tell you right now that I planning on wearing the heck out of them. They've held up well to washing/drying so far. I agree though. They'd need to have some longevity.

I would suggest a 50 wash trial like tide does but I don't think its good for your water bill.

LOL. Erica would murder me!

Back