Anyone use a push/pull cart at the driving range?

djren12

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought an Ogio X4 Synergy and thought it may be a good idea to use mine at the range since it holds the bag and this cart is designed to stay on the bag. I could take it off and carry it to the hitting area but wonder just leaving the cart on and rolling in would be to weird? i've never seen anyone use their cart at the range and wonder if i'll get funny looks if I do. Do any of you use you cart at the range? This an independant driving range with no course just a bar, and dinning area and putting green.

Honestly I have never used my ClicGear at the range.

I went out and bought a new stand bag in fact, so that I would not need to use my cart bag and cart while travelling, or more specifically when at the range.

To each there own though, I have seen plenty of guys using their carts while at the range.

I have a Clicgear and I don't use it at the range except when I'm warming up before a round. That being said, if you've got a set-up where it's all supposed to stay together like that, I don't see why not. If somebody else thinks it's weird, oh well. Who cares?

Work smarter not harder. I'm not concerned about funny looks. That's Invitational confirmed.

I just don't want to be that guy lol but yeah who cares right it will be a bit easier to just leave it on the cart than take it off then put it back on afterwards.

Most times when I've seen people using a cart at the range they were warming up for a round they were getting ready to play and walk. I don't think anyone would think twice about you being there with your bag on a cart in any case. I've thought about doing it so I don't have to lay my cart bag down when I'm practicing, hit I usually forget about it until I'm there. I'm not going to switch all ky gear around between practice and play.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't take my clicgear 3.5+ with me to the range. My home course, the range is quite the walk to the clubhouse so I park at the range to warm-up then get back into my car to park closer to the clubhouse. If the range and clubhouse were closer I would take it with me. If I'm just going to the range I leave the push cart in the car because I have a stand bag and it's not worth the time to get it out and set it up.

Work smarter not harder. I'm not concerned about funny looks. That's Invitational confirmed.

What BG said. I'm young, and I bring my cart to the range before every round. I could care less what anyone thinks and to be honest, I don't think most people at the course are very concerned with me. If someone has a problem with your push cart on the range than it's exactly that, their problem. Just do what is comfortable for you man, go play golf and have fun. Everything is trivial after that.

Come to think of it, I don't see too many carts there...besides my Clic. Then again the Bennington is quite taller than most and it doesn't stand up to well on flimsy bag supports. Much more comfortable pushing and going from chipping greens, to range, to putting green is so much easier..and it looks awesome!

I will have my bag on mine at the range before the round. I get enough funny looks for being a wimpy kid who doesn't carry his bag every day, what's a few more? I honestly do not care if people think its weird that I have a push cart at the range, and you shouldn't either. If you think it will make anything easier, go for it.

THPing on Tapatalk

All the time if the clubs are in my Duo Cart. I never considered that it might be an issue. I like that I can put my crap in the accessory tray.

I used to do it when I walked more often than now. I saw no reason to take the bag off of the cart simply to go to the range and then have to put it back on the next time I would be playing. At my age I really don't worry about what others are thinking, as blu said, "work smarter not harder."

I have never done it because its just not worth the time it takes to set it up. There are a few people at my range that will use their push/pull carts. It does not make me look twice and I have never heard anybody else comment on it. If it works for you go for it and dont think twice about it.

Great responses guys and thanks. I think i will be leaving it on my cart since it will make things easier and will wheel it in to the range today. Another plus is i wont have to leave my bag on the floor while working on my putting either.

There's no "unwritten rule" about wheeling a push cart to the driving range. If someone was using a push cart I wouldn't even think twice about it, I'd just smile and ask how they're doing like I do with everyone else that walks past me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW!! Total opposite of what i thought might happen ....happened. I drive up to range get my cart off with bag attached to it and a guy parked across from me comes over while im unfolding it up and says, "Nice cart, I've been looking at these" i say thanks and roll onto the range. While folding it back up after finding a good spot one of the workers comes over and tells me that more and more folks are bringing carts to the range and points out 3 other guys hitting balls with their carts next to them. I go into the shop and buy my bucket and as I come out there are 4 guys standing around my bag and checking it out, as I approach one of them asks me if the bag came with wheels lol. i explain that its the Ogio cart that allows you to leave the bag on while folding up the bag. i get a few more nice combo and I go to hit my balls. When done I notice the 3 other guys with carts hanging out having a beer so i roll over and end up staying another 2 hours chatting abiout golf with my 3 new buds. No one ugly look and no old guy comment so I was suprised by that but now so glad i got my cart, later today i will walk 9 at my home course in 105 weather, i am so glad i dont have to carry my bag and can bring extra water.

here are 2 pics of my set up.

I just bought an Ogio X4 Synergy and thought it may be a good idea to use mine at the range since it holds the bag and this cart is designed to stay on the bag. I could take it off and carry it to the hitting area but wonder just leaving the cart on and rolling in would be to weird? i've never seen anyone use their cart at the range and wonder if i'll get funny looks if I do. Do any of you use you cart at the range? This an independant driving range with no course just a bar, and dinning area and putting green.
I use my cart at the range all the time!

Back