Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
Iv been toying with the idea of switching out the hybrid for a 5wood! I just don't get on with hybrids!
A friend of mine has given my a callaway black 5w head!
Just looking for some info of a shaft!

I know I should get fit and I will but just looking for some info!
Should I match if to my 3w? Problem is that kusala are tough to get hold of over here in the uk!
Alternatives?
What length?
What weight??
Any info would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend making the shaft 1inch shorter than your 3wd. I carry my 5wd when it's in the bag at 42inches. Weight wise I play mine 5grams heavier than my 3wd. As for shaft type that's up yo your swing and ball flight characteristics.

I have tried several different configurations when i had a 5 wood the one i preferred was the same shaft family as my 3 wood just heavier and shorter keeping it similar keeps the feel almost the same

I actually play the same shaft in my 5W as my 3W. Both are p9003x. Have used them for probably 6 years now. 5W is the best club in my bag. I should hit it off the tee more often but I usually opt for the 3W. I like to flight down my tee shots if I'm going FWY and the 3 is much easier to hit low for obvious reasons.

My suggestion is play what you like. If you like your 3W shaft, get that. If your 3W is a little sporatic, try the same shaft 10g heavier if you can manage the weight. Heavier will usually mean shorter and straighter. Also remember to tip the shaft either the same or even 1/4"-1/2" more. Miyazaki's are great shafts. You should be happy with the 5W and 72x. Could always jump to an 83.

I would love to get the 72x in the 5wood but they are so expensive and tough to get hold of over here! Anything else I could try with similar specs??

What "color" Kusala do you have in that 14*?

Blue!

Could try out the Mitsubishi Kai'li 70X. I loved the Kai'li in a fairway wood and mid launch like the Kusala Blue series. Should be a lot easier to find over on your side of the pond.

Ended up going on the cheap side and a pro launch red! Used it today for the first time! Could be my new fairway finder!!!

Thats a great shaft! I had one in a 3w for a while and it was the best club in my bag at the time.

Ended up going on the cheap side and a pro launch red! Used it today for the first time! Could be my new fairway finder!!!

I've been going back and forth on going this route for my Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 4 wood. It's such a hard decision but I want a lower trajectory on this club.

Back