Questionable golf etiquette??

If a FORE was yelled then its no biggy to me, I've been there. Almost everybody has, taking your balls is a d**k move. Some people just have the idea that they need to teach you lesson by taking your property, you yelled FORE.

I know a guy who leaves business cards when he gets hit into, but he's a real piece of work. :alien:

I think it was rude of them to take your balls, but I can see their frustration. If it were me having sliced into them once, I would have waited for them to clear that area before hitting again, or just played my ball from the wrong fairway instead of hitting a mulligan.

This^^^^^

I was on the 3rd green on my home course this weekend, and the 2nd hole is a dogleg kind of around it. A short cut if you have a bad tee shot on 2 is over the trees and close to the 3rd holes green, was putting when one ball plunked beside me, then 20 seconds later plunk another one. It was some joker hitting blind over the bushes and did not yell fore. The anger slowly grew, but I let it slide. He's lucky it wasn't me from 10 years ago as I would not have let it go. Just wondering legal ramifications if someone gets hit with no warning? Myself I yell fore at least once a round, so I'm covered, lol.
I left the balls there on the green, but the people behind me who were on the tee seen this, and they took his balls, lol.

I was on the 3rd green on my home course this weekend, and the 2nd hole is a dogleg kind of around it. A short cut if you have a bad tee shot on 2 is over the trees and close to the 3rd holes green, was putting when one ball plunked beside me, then 20 seconds later plunk another one. It was some joker hitting blind over the bushes and did not yell fore. The anger slowly grew, but I let it slide. He's lucky it wasn't me from 10 years ago as I would not have let it go. Just wondering legal ramifications if someone gets hit with no warning? Myself I yell fore at least once a round, so I'm covered, lol.
I left the balls there on the green, but the people behind me who were on the tee seen this, and they took his balls, lol.

Lol yeah I agree with waiting before the mulligan came flying in.. thanks for the input everyone, lesson learned in both regards.

Welcome.......if they do not yell I place their ball on a tee !

On this one I would have teed both balls up on tees and left them (I'm not cool enough for business cards :smile: )

As far as the OP goes those guys were total jerks to take your balls but as others have said the mulligan hit toward them was probably what put them into jerk mode. It sounds like you are a slicer and you probably knew that they were somewhat in your miss zone. Just take the lesson to heart about the 2nd shot into a group, that is the crux of the entire matter IMO.

:welcome:

You need to ask if stealing your balls is questionable golf etiquette or do you just need to vent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm PO because somebody hit (very!) close I might tee the ball up, but that's it..

This weekend in a match I was on a short par4 when a ball ran exactly between me and my putter while I was in my stroke. Yeah I was not happy, but you're not touching another mans balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to ask if stealing your balls is questionable golf etiquette or do you just need to vent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vent mostly:banghead:

Back