Choose Your Staff Deal

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so you are given the opportunity to be fully staffed by 1 company and 1 company only. The golf ball and apparel are not part of this deal, but you are going to get a 14 club deal and the staff bag. Because of that, it must only be companies that offer 14 clubs. And the g

Wilson
Mizuno (Europe Putters)
Bridgestone
Callaway
TaylorMade
Nike
Titleist
Adams (Yes!)
Cleveland
Ping
Tour Edge

Who do you select and why?

I think I would go with Cleveland/Srixon.

Titleist. I am a homer and I'll freely admit it.

I love their woods. The sound is superb and they strike a perfect combination of distance, appearance, and forgiveness. Great array of stock shaft options goes a long way with me as well.
Their irons are solid and they have a great option for anybody.
Vokey wedges, although not my favorite, are very good and again there's a grind for whatever you want.
I love me some Scameron as well.
Best ball on the market IMO in the ProV1, ProV1x.

Equipment aside Titleist seems to have a huge presence where I live. Their reps are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly and they have demo clubs and fitting carts all over the place.

Runner up: Callaway.

I say Callaway. In my limited yet recent experience with new clubs I have been nothing short of impressed.

The consumer interaction, customer service and quality of the products has made me a fan.

I was open minded in my new club search and settled on Callaway after a lot of research. As a higher handicap the product offering fits my game well.

Hmmmm, let's see. I'd go with Callaway/Odyssey first and foremost, no shocker there. Most complete lines top to bottom for me. Bridgestone would be a close second but haven't spent any time with their putters, yet. A shame Cobra doesn't make putters, they and SeeMore should team up like an old event we are familiar with.

Oh boy, that's a tough call with that list but for benitsgoingnto come down to the company that has everything in the line up I like. Blades, a nice looking and sounding driver, multiple bounce designs on wedges and great putters.

Out of the list it would have to be

Titleist first then Cleveland, they have the goods that I like.

Callaway, love their clubs, and they treated me awesome the last time I was a staffer :D

Man I need to think about this. Been lucky to have this already happen 4 times.

Callaway, I have played there equipment for years & it has always worked for me, so if i can choose i choose them. That being said if any company wants to offer me a 14 club deal I am interested :)

Assuming that I can get any club in LH, I'd go:

Cleveland/Srixon
or
Titleist

Ping. Mostly because I'm cheap, and they seem to hold resale value best for when I inevitably lose the staff deal...

But seriously, they seem to have the widest selection, meaning I'd be most likely to find a set that fits me well.

PING!

Innovative, always consistent, long standing tradition, etc.

Callaway. I've been a Callaway fan since I can remember. Phil has always been my guy and his clubs were the first I saw. And now that I'm playing Callaway irons and wedges, I know how well they work for me!

Tapatalkin away

That is a tough call to make between Bridgestone and Callaway (TaylorMade comes in 3rd), but if I had to pick one I would go with Callaway. Mainly because I know that they have some iron choice that fit better for a player like me that has a higher handicap.

Callaway would be my staffer. That's what my current bag has most of and it would be a comfort plus quality thing for me.

Callaway and then Nike in a close second.

Currently my bag is only missing wedges and putter to be full Callaway and my current wedges may not be in the bag much longer.

Nike has some super intriguing stuff coming out and I have always loved their stuff. If I can get an apparel deal, they move into a tie for 1st.

This is an easy one for me. Cleveland/Srixon. The whole line is absolutely great.

I say Nike because right now no one can beat Rory and he is the best in the PGA Tour. That and Tiger is still Nike so why not be with the best company who has the best golfers in history.

I'd have to go with Ping. Their G25/G30 irons just seem to fit my game, and I could learn to appreciate their woods. A close second/third would be either Mizuno or Taylor Made.

Okay, so you are given the opportunity to be fully staffed by 1 company and 1 company only. The golf ball and apparel are not part of this deal, but you are going to get a 14 club deal and the staff bag. Because of that, it must only be companies that offer 14 clubs.

Who do you select and why?

Since the ball is not a part of the deal, I go with Callaway because of their partnership with Odyssey putters. My two best ever putters have been Odyssey. I am hitting irons much better so I do not think I need a hybrid heavy bag like I currently have with Adams (don't get me wrong, I am happy with what I have now but it just not a requirement compared to the putter).

Now if the ball WAS part of the deal, it's Bridgestone. I am e6 all the way. That is the most important thing to me for my confidence level right now.

I haven't hit all 14 clubs from any one company so there's a bit of guesswork going on, but I'd probably go with Ping. I have enough experience with woods and irons to definitely know that I'd have gear that works for me. The wedges and putter would be a crapshoot but that seems like a safer part of the bag to take a chance.

PING for me. Was never a fan in the past but within the past 5 years I'm a convert. Love my i25's, would love to get some G30 woods also. I don't ever recall hearing anyone talk about how ping makes bad this, or that, it's just not for everyone. Seems like it would be the company I know would always be around and offer a solid product, driver through putter.

Well since Cobra isn't up there. I'd go with Callaway. I just don't think any other company is bringing it like they are. I mean this year through the bag every thing is sweet.

Big Bertha or x2hot woods both are solid.
Apex irons are Swweeettt
Mack Daddy Wedges
And of course odyssey putters anyone can find one that fits them.

Titleist.

Yep, I said it.

Why? Because all around, I just like the gear, there really isn't a big weakness in their line release in and release out.

Ping - I already play their irons and wedges. I am sure that I could find a putter that I liked from them. And the G30 driver? I can tolerate that!!
If I had to go another route, I would look hard at Cleveland/Srixon.

Back