The Barclays Thread (Spoilers)

Right there with you. I think it is and because memory is a lost art, I tend to think Phil is behind a bit. But he played REALLY well today and if he picks up a win in the next couple of tourneys its back on.

What about Kuch? except for todays mess....he's stacked up a few wins this year

What about Kuch? except for todays mess....he's stacked up a few wins this year

He will need to win probably 3 times to catch up.

I agree. I do think however that it is now down to a 3-horse race between Adam, Phil, and Tiger for POY. Rosey would have to win a couple more times, which he could do, but I don't think it's likely.

Why would JR need a couple and not just one? He would carry the same record as Adam and Phil.

Food for thought:
Adam Scott has 6 top 10s with two being wins (major and reg) 13 events
Phil has 7 top tens with two wins (major and reg) 18 events
Tiger has 8 top 10s with 5 wins in 13 events.

Why would JR need a couple and not just one? He would carry the same record as Adam and Phil.

True, but then Tiger would most likely win POY. Rosey would most likely need to win 2 more tournaments to win POY, whereas Adam and Phil would only need 1 more.

True, but then Tiger would most likely win POY. Rosey would most likely need to win 2 more tournaments to win POY, whereas Adam and Phil would only need 1 more.

That wasn't my question. I asked why JR would have to win a couple vs one more to be considered

That wasn't my question. I asked why JR would have to win a couple vs one more to be considered

Sorry, I misunderstood and probably mis-typed my original post. I didn't mean to say that JR would have to win 2 more to be considered in the race, only that he'd need 2 more wins to win POY. The reason I said it's a 3-horse race between Adam, Phil, and Tiger is that both Adam and Phil already have a major and 1 PGA Tour win. If JR were to win next week, then I'd say it gets bumped up to a 4-horse race, with Tiger still having the edge.

I think right now I'd give POY to Adam Scott. Not to take anything away from Tiger's year but Adam has the Major. It is def. up for grabs in the last 3 playoff events however so I'm excited to see how it shakes down.

It's still Tiger. Adam just made it MUCH closer. Phil is an afterthought at this point. So many possibilities still. This is pretty awesome.

I'm thinking Tiger, Adam and Phil a distant third for POY

I'm thinking Tiger, Adam and Phil a distant third for POY

If anyone else had Tigers year they would be gushing over it. That said Scott's win today makes for a hard case.

Feeling a little bad for Woodland today. He had 3 pretty good chances on the final 3 holes and couldn't make a putt. He is a freakish talent, and him breaking through would be good for golf.

I'm late to the party, but, SCOTTY!

Anyways. Even as a huge Adam Scott homer, I still think POY is Tiger's at this point. Scott makes a great case to be chosen, with the Master's win and his record in the majors this year alone (Top 3's at The Open Championship and the PGA, tied for lowest score in relation to par with Jason Day at +2 in all the majors), and now with this Barclay's win. But, if Adam finds a way to win another of these tournaments, it's his, far and away.

And I'll echo JB's sentiments. The Scott hate is just goofy. A genuine guy, quiet, not flashy, goes about his business without being a "locked in" turd, plays good golf and gives his time to fans and charity. What an arse! LOL. It's nice to finally see his maturity matching the talent he showed in his 20's. This guy is getting good and hes gonna be good for a long time.

Feeling a little bad for Woodland today. He had 3 pretty good chances on the final 3 holes and couldn't make a putt. He is a freakish talent, and him breaking through would be good for golf.

It is good to see him play well again. If I was Butch Harmon my next coaching session would be on course management though. Without that Driver in the water he wouldn't have needed a birdie to tie.

I don't hate Adam Scott. I think he seems like a nice guy, and he has a great golf swing. However, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me to see a young, strong able-bodied guy like him using a chest anchored putter. I think they should be legal, but I also confess that they make me think less of a pro as a golfer. I don't mind the belly putters as much.

I'm late to the party, but, SCOTTY!

Anyways. Even as a huge Adam Scott homer, I still think POY is Tiger's at this point. Scott makes a great case to be chosen, with the Master's win and his record in the majors this year alone (Top 3's at The Open Championship and the PGA, tied for lowest score in relation to par with Jason Day at +2 in all the majors), and now with this Barclay's win. But, if Adam finds a way to win another of these tournaments, it's his, far and away.

And I'll echo JB's sentiments. The Scott hate is just goofy. A genuine guy, quiet, not flashy, goes about his business without being a "locked in" turd, plays good golf and gives his time to fans and charity. What an arse! LOL. It's nice to finally see his maturity matching the talent he showed in his 20's. This guy is getting good and hes gonna be good for a long time.

Something you said made me think pretty hard whether I'd go with Adam, Phil or Tiger for POY. What would you say if Adam, Phil and Tiger each won one of the last three tournaments in the Playoffs? I mean essentially they'd be the same as they are now, but would 3 wins with one of them being a major trump 6 wins? And then if the 3 wins with one major wins out, does Adam or Phil get the nod?

I know it's purely hypothetical and highly unlikely, but man it got me thinking.

Back