PGA Tour Academy: Home Edition - THP Preview

looks cool, keep us updated!

How long did it take for the dvds to arrive? Just curious as I ordered last week and haven't heard a thing...and reading these awesome updates is just getting me more excited than ever to start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How long did it take for the dvds to arrive? Just curious as I ordered last week and haven't heard a thing...and reading these awesome updates is just getting me more excited than ever to start.

Around a week if I remember correctly, but I had tracking information within a couple days.

I ordered mine early Friday morning and they are scheduled to be here tomorrow.
I do live in CA though

Just finished the putting and chipping lessons again. A few thoughts:

I had slipped a bit in my putting stance over the past couple of weeks, letting my stance get back open a bit and letting the ball drift forward in my stance. Once I put the alignment rod down, it was quickly apparent to me. After readjusting, I was hitting the practice putts on the carpet perfectly straight and the pace was nice. My putting pace has improved quite a bit over the past few weeks and my average has come down 2 putts per round. I know that's not a huge change, but my pace has been very good comparatively. I used to have those 3 or 4 putts that just took off like a rocket on me, even though I didn't hit the ball any harder. I haven't had one of those in a few rounds now.

My chipping has been great on the practice green, but mediocre on the course. I realized retaking the lesson tonight that I was putting too much forward shaft lean in the setup and that put the ball a little too far back in my stance. As much as I didn't want to, I watched the part on hinge and hold very closely since I haven't had ANY success with it. I refuse to even try it on the course. But I did realize watching the lesson tonight that I was doing a couple things wrong and the practice on the carpet with foam balls confirmed that I can do it. I was getting the "hinge" too far inside and then I was turning through very flat and not actually bringing the club back down at the ball. It's all about the turn through and I just wasn't getting that done correctly.

So tomorrow I have to go and do the same putting practice that I did a couple weeks ago and the same chipping practice. I will actually try to do the hinge and hold practice all the way through this time to try to get better at it. I realized how much emphasis they put on hinge and hold in preparation for the full swing and really want to get it down because it seems like a very useful shot from the greenside rough.

I love the fact that the lessons and drills are repeated throughout the 8 weeks. Clearly some thought has gone into the sequencing of the lessons. My goodies arrived in the country today so waiting custom clearance. You guys in the States don't know how easy you have it!

I ordered mine early Friday morning and they are scheduled to be here tomorrow.
I do live in CA though

I am also in CA....gives me hope that they will be here this week!

I am also in CA....gives me hope that they will be here this week!

Awesome! I love the original shopping outlets in Lake Elsinore.

It showed being shipped from Ontario. Closer for you.

PGA Tour Academy: Home Edition - THP Preview

Keep kicking @$$ Bullitt! I'm glad your sticking to it and making the most out of your practice. You are truly dedicated & determined in my eyes. I've enjoyed following your progress up to date.

Awesome! I love the original shopping outlets in Lake Elsinore.

It showed being shipped from Ontario. Closer for you.

Yes! Sometimes the Nike outlet has great deals on golf stuff...but I have found its still not a great deal most of the time.

Ontario? Shoot, I should just go pick it up in person. lol

Keep kicking @$$ Bullitt! I'm glad your sticking to it and making the most out of your practice. You are truly dedicated & determined in my eyes. I've enjoyed following your progress up to date.

This!! I look forward to his posts every day.

Yes! Sometimes the Nike outlet has great deals on golf stuff...but I have found its still not a great deal most of the time.

Ontario? Shoot, I should just go pick it up in person. lol

It's been so long since I've been there, lol.

Haha you should! Tell them they took too long!

This!! I look forward to his posts every day.

Haha same here :)

I feel that with every time he post good news, it gives me more confidence of shooting in the 70's

Haha same here :)

I feel that with every time he post good news, it gives me more confidence of shooting in the 70's

The 85 I shot today gives me hope of shooting in the 70's finally as well. If I can cut 2 more putts off and put a few more chips a bit closer....... Once I can actually hit a driver instead of just 5 Wood, this may be a whole new game for me. The distance I have gained are incredible. Hitting 5 irons into Par 5's from 200 yards out is definitely a game that I'm not used to, but I'm sure I can get used to it.......:clap:

How long will it take to get to the "Impact" lesson? I've seen a different order according to the advertisement, but I'm not sure if its just like that. Set up, putting, impact, etc.

How long will it take to get to the "Impact" lesson? I've seen a different order according to the advertisement, but I'm not sure if its just like that. Set up, putting, impact, etc.

Yeah, it's lesson 3. So that's the first lesson of week 2.

My kit arrived today but didn’t get a chance to open the box up as I had to leavefor work. Can’t wait to get home and get started.

My kit also (surprisingly) arrived today as well....at the same time as my Hopkins wedge...its a good Monday!!!

I already unpacked the kit and completed lesson one.

Initial thoughts: fantastic!!! i love the simple instruction with concepts that build upon each other. I thought I had my grip/posture/alignment right.....boy was I wrong.

Now to hit the range tomorrow. Currently reading the manual as well.

Went and did the putting and chipping practice today and then played 27 holes.

My putting came and went all day, but I was finally able to bring the outstanding chipping that I see on the practice green to the course. I had many kick ins today after chipping up close, so I was happy to actually see it coming to the course with me.

The hinge and hold practice went decently as well. While I'm not comfortable enough with it to really use it on the course, at least I wasn't shanking them on the practice green today.

I wish I never had my night job that way I can keep up to date with my training. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the night job, I wouldn't be playing golf as the extra income is a big help.

I did the first DVD tonight my first impression was the overall quality of the whole product. The DVDs are very well recorded and sound is perfect. Printed material and training aids are also of top quality in terms of production.

Topics covered in the first DVD - about 25% was new to me but it was reassuring to know that the 75% of what I already knew had validity (since I've largely learned from youtube). I quite enjoyed the DVD and the 30+ minutes seemed to fly past. Can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow!

On another note what do you guys think of the "Foundation Moves" segment of the DVDs? Are you making any effort to include them in your practice routines?

I wish I never had my night job that way I can keep up to date with my training. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the night job, I wouldn't be playing golf as the extra income is a big help.

If it wasn't for having a driving range and practice green right across the street from my work, I would have never attempted this schedule either so don't feel too bad. I don't have the 2nd job, but I've got work, wife and 3 kids and college all going right now. It's a balancing act, that's for sure.

I hit the range today, after working through lesson one yesterday.

Already I am noticing a difference in consistency. I have been playing for about a year and a half now, and one thing I learned in the grip/posture/stance video that I was doing wrong was that at address, the toe of the club is actually slightly off the ground and that is actually okay, since the club head flattens out a bit on the downswing. I had always tried to line the sole up level with the ground. Now, my shots are going straight and I am taking proper divots for the first time ever! My grip also changed a bit with the "x" locations marked, and its starting to feel a lot more natural.

I am so fortunate that my local range is grass, never crowded, and $8 for a large bucket. :rockon:

I am playing in a work charity tournament on Thursday, so I am excited to put this to work!

OK, just did Lesson 5: The Pivot.

This is where things may get a little crazy for me. The Turn, Shift, Turn feels completely unnatural to me right now. That may be because I have some back issues, but the instructors actually gave a few tips and tricks for people like me that may have some flexibility concerns. This is where things start to get serious, since we're actually working on changing the motions of the core muscles, which seems to take a lot more time and practice.

I've never had much luck getting into a standard finishing position because of my lack of weight shift and turn, but I've never worried about it much because I was getting decent distance with the ball. I may actually go get some practice in today, because I can see that I'm going to need extra practice with this one in order to grasp a proper turn.

This is also where I may call in the old teaching pro buddy to watch me. While you can use a chair at home to make sure you're not swaying, the only thing you can really use at the range are the alignment sticks. We will see what happens with this one, this is the first lesson that I've felt this anxiety about.

I will report back later this afternoon how the initial practice went.

Back