Finding Equipment and other things left behind on the course

Always turn it in! I've left behind a wedge and several head covers. All have been returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give everything to the cart girl and ask her to drive back a few groups to find out who it belongs to. Unlike LeSean I will give her a little extra tip for her time.

I will hold on to anything I find on the course until I catch up to the group in front of me (if it's theirs) or reach the clubhouse. I perceive it as that's how I would want my things taken care of, so take care of everyone elses.

Typically I find a golf club or two, usually a wedge, lying by the green. I don't usually find anything else, although sometimes I find a head cover on the fairway where it fell off a cart. I usually pick it up and figure that we will at some point catch up with the group in front of us or they will come back for it. If we catch up to them (often on a par 3), I will usually ask if anybody wants to buy a wedge cheap. They pretty quickly figure it out and it's usually good for a laugh and a conversation starter. If we don't find the group that lost it, we turn it in at the clubhouse.

Anybody who doesn't turn something in and keeps it is basically stealing, IMO.

Always turn them in. Not even a question. I've never left a club behind, but I can certainly imagine how I'd feel if I did and someone didn't turn it in.

i remember a baseball glove (wilson a-2000 10" 2nd basemans glove) being left behind at frontier field in rochester, i remember the sick feeling you had and how relieved you were when the coach returned it! always turn in equipment when i find it

Last week at the Gauntlet, I found a headcover on the tee box. As we were the first group, knew it was not our groups. Finally caught up to the people in front of ask if it was theirs. Bingo, they were so happy to have it back. Not sure where they lost it. They asked what group we were in as we had matching shirts, enjoyed the tournament being there. It is all about karma..

Of course you should turn it in.

As a single I enjoy picking things up because at least the people in front of me acknowledge me, even if it's only for a second and only to get their club back...

I've always turned in everything I've ever came across. My home course puts a tag on everything brought in with the persons name on it that brought it in, and at the end of the season, if the item is un-claimed it is yours.

Turn it in always. Bad karma in golf is beach.........

I lost my Oakley's once, at the course where I worked, and they were never turned in. If I find something, I turn it in just because I know I'd want someone to do the same for me....even if they didn't in this case.

Hopefully someone finds my albatross coin I left on the course wednesday and puts it to good use :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i left my range finder in cart at Ocean city outing, cart guy turned it in and i got the next day, he got a $20 tip, and a big thanks from me. ( he saved me $280 to replace it)

Back