What's your favorite time of the year to golf?

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
As the season is changing from summer to fall here it got me wondering what everyone's favorite season to golf in is? I did a search for a thread, but it was a few years old so figured it couldn't hurt to start a new one. I for one LOVE fall golf. Nothing beats playing in pants and sweater on a cool morning and having it warm up in the early afternoon. Most courses here in the NE are just starting to have the tree's leaves change colors and it can make for some beautiful courses. The only down side of fall golf up here is having to play with cheaper golf balls as it's not out of the normal to lose a ball in the middle of the fairway because of how many leaves are on the ground. What's the THP community have to say?

Fall all the way for me, wind usually isn't as bad as the spring here and the temps are perfect for me. I love it.

love fall golf, and yes, i play leaf rule, free drop if unable to find

Fall all the way for me, wind usually isn't as bad as the spring here and the temps are perfect for me. I love it.

Same here dude. The wind up here can get bad in the wind, but usually isn't like the spring like you said. Also not nearly as wet as the spring time either. I'm a pants kind of guy too so it makes it more comfortable with the cooler temps.

Fall here also. Love the perfect temperature and lower humidity.

Spring, when it isn't raining. Because it means there are about six to eight months of golf coming up.

Fall golf sucks because you deal with leaves first and winter next.

Spring, when it isn't raining. Because it means there are about six to eight months of golf coming up.

Fall golf sucks because you deal with leaves first and winter next.

Never really thought of it that way, but you're right lol.

I've grown to love wearing pants while golfing so spring and fall are nice for that. Right now our mountain courses are turning colors and are absolutely gorgeous to play. You also find courses not as packed as the casual golfers have hung it up for the year

Seasons don't seem to exist in SoCal, just about everyday is perfect, it's ridiculous. I will say, I do like the days of wearing pants out there and grabbing a hot coffee for the ride around the course though... I will have to say late fall out here. On the east coast, it was summer for me because I actually got to finally play and the days were longer.

Fall golf is the best in my opinion here, can wear khakis comfortably. The smell of the leafs and all the vibrant colours are simply amazing. Cannot wait to tee it up.

Definitely the summer, especially when it's really hot. For one, I just like the heat to begin with, for another the ball flies further which I like, and finally I just seem to have a better swing when I'm wearing less layers. In the fall when I'm layered up I feel too constricted on my swing. Plus living in Michigan when you go out in play in the fall it's always in the back of your mind that it could be your last round of the year cause you never know what the weather is gonna be like. In the summer you don't have to worry about that.

Im a spring/summer golfer here, even though I do play year round. I love playing in the warm, sunny weather and pants don't bother me as I very rarely wear them as im a shorts guy.

Im a spring/summer golfer here, even though I do play year round. I love playing in the warm, sunny weather and pants don't bother me as I very rarely wear them as im a shorts guy.

Just so long as it isn't a really cold southerly I am an all year guy.

Just so long as it isn't a really cold southerly I am an all year guy.

I played in a few cold southerly wind days this winter, it wasn't the greatest but ill take the fine days in winter when I can.

I'm going to have to go with two seasons. Summer in NC and winter in Fl. Since I don't do long pants, if I can't wear shorts I havn't gone far enough south. Thank goodness we're south of Tampa so don't get cold often.

No question for me - fall. Fall in New England is one of my favorite things about living here.

Fall for me, I love the cool crisp air with low humidity and the changing colors on the trees, I can't wait.

Easily fall. The problem is here that's usually a month :arrogant:

72 degrees today for 36. I would call that pretty damn ideal.

I think like most the time of year to play is Fall. The picturesque fall colors and cool temps have a way with me on the course.

Winter in FL. Nothing quite like it.

I like fall as well...except for the greater likelihood of losing a ball in the leaves

I love fall golf up here in MA. The courses are beautiful with the leaves changing, and the weather can be perfect - comfortable without being cold or too hot.

Of course, like others mentioned, there's the whole ball loss issue due to leaves. I actually had a ball go offline on a green last season after a beautiful chip rolled straight to the hole... and hit a giant leaf 1 foot from the cup and veered offline.

Winter in FL. Nothing quite like it.

I hate being socially retarded lol, I never think of the right answers lol.

Back