Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Ummm so yeah. Hybrid set to 19* with VTS silver is good. Really good.

Hot face, sets up great at address and ideal flight. Would like having a few of these but tough to find with this shaft for a decent cost.

They are meant to be used buddy. No worries here. I am really interested to get others opinions on that shaft. I like the idea of the lower launching shaft but I am not sure it is the best for my game. I do better with it when I really go after it.

I have the standard stiff fuel shafts in my cell hybrids, and I thought they were launching low, but I figured it was the indian, not the arrow. Maybe it wasn't me for once! And the lower launch probably contributes to my left miss with the club?

Ummm so yeah. Hybrid set to 19* with VTS silver is good. Really good.

Hot face, sets up great at address and ideal flight. Would like having a few of these but tough to find with this shaft for a decent cost.
I bet you would like the Fuel. I was impressed with it.

I have the standard stiff fuel shafts in my cell hybrids, and I thought they were launching low, but I figured it was the indian, not the arrow. Maybe it wasn't me for once! And the lower launch probably contributes to my left miss with the club?

The Fuel I have in mine and what War is playing is not the stock shaft. On the chart above the stock shaft is listed as the AMP Cell MRC and should launch mid/high for most people. Maybe the wrong flex for you?

I bet you would like the Fuel. I was impressed with it.

Good stuff, I'll keep an eye out.

Wouldn't mind dropping this one to maybe 16 or 17* and then have one with stock shaft playing at like 20*.

I absolutely love my Amp Cell 3/4 wood. I currently have it set to 4W setting. I have never had a 4W before but the 4W / 7W combo has been a great setup for me so far.

The Fuel I have in mine and what War is playing is not the stock shaft. On the chart above the stock shaft is listed as the AMP Cell MRC and should launch mid/high for most people. Maybe the wrong flex for you?

Probably. My shoulder is just about toast and my swing speed literally changes swing to swing.

But one thing I did notice when I was messing around with it... with other hybrids, I would tee them up the same height as my irons - just about on the ground - and have no problem getting a higher ball flight. With this one, I found out when I was messing around at the range that teeing it higher drastically changed ball flight ( higher ) though I still had the pull to the left as a pretty regular miss. I also had an issue, and I still have to be cognizant of it, of having the face closed at address. For whatever reason, this club looks open in the normal address position to me.

I absolutely love my Amp Cell 3/4 wood. I currently have it set to 4W setting. I have never had a 4W before but the 4W / 7W combo has been a great setup for me so far.

the 4W loft is actually 15* on these right?

the 4W loft is actually 15* on these right?

There are a few different settings. I believe the 4+ is 15 degree. I have it set to 4 which is 16 degree.

There are a few different settings. I believe the 4+ is 15 degree. I have it set to 4 which is 16 degree.

that sounds right. I think that's what I have mine on is 4+, though I am thinking of dropping the loft in both that and my 5 wood and adding another hybrid. Thinking something like 13, 17, 20, 24 leading in to my 6 iron.

Just as a refresher

Fairway woods:

• 3-4 FWY 3+ = 13°, 3=14°, 3D=14° Draw, 4+=15°, 4+D=15° Draw, 4=16° *
  • 5-7 FWY 5+=17°, 5=18°, 5D=18° Draw, 7+=19°,7+D=19° Draw, 7=20°

Hybrids

• 2–3 H 2+=16°, 2=17°, 2D=17° Draw, 3+=18°, 3+D18° Draw, 3=19° *
  • 3–4 H 3+=19°, 3=20°, 3D=20° Draw, 4+=21°, 4+D=21° Draw, 4=22° *
  • 4–5 H 4+=22°, 4=23°, 4D=23° Draw, 5+=24°, 5+D=24° Draw, 5=25° *

Anybody know where to get an adapter? Only finding it for the driver

tappin from my big as note2

Anybody know where to get an adapter? Only finding it for the driver

tappin from my big as note2

IIRC the adapter for the 3/4w is a torx #8 (but it's at home and I'm at the office and will need to check later)

Just lowered the shaft tonight for this weekend just to see what happens. Now set at 3wood from 4+ . Not a big change but interested nonteheless.

Just lowered the shaft tonight for this weekend just to see what happens. Now set at 3wood from 4+ . Not a big change but interested nonteheless.
Have you changed any of your others?

I actually went weaker on all four of mine and have liked the new setup, now 3, 5, 3, 4, no + for me anymore!

Having only 13 clubs in the bag right now, there's room for one more and I'm thinking of adding another Fairway set at 4 Wood. I've been playing the one I currently have at the 5 Wood setting and it's a beast off the tee, but leaves me a 30 yard gap between it and my 4 iron. Getting a 4 Wood would allow me to drop the current one back to 7 Wood and fill the gaps nicely.

A year ago, if you'd have told me that I'd have a bag full of Cobra stuff, I would have laughed at you. Now it's looking like everything except my wedges and putter will be Cobra. I even have a 55* Trusty Rusty that rotates in and out of the bag.

I just haven't found anything that I hit better than this year's crop from Cobra.

Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

For anyone who has the 3/4 hybrid I'm looking to trade shafts. I have a VTS black 85 now. It's just too stiff for me. Would like a KK stiff if possible or similar. Thanks guys.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Last edited:
A year ago, if you'd have told me that I'd have a bag full of Cobra stuff, I would have laughed at you. Now it's looking like everything except my wedges and putter will be Cobra.

Know what ya mean. Keeping the TM. ATV wedge in the bag. Waiting on an adapter to show & I'll be putting a Mits. Fubuki K 80g. siff in my 3/4 FW.

When I bought my 3 wood I hit it on the launch monitor but had issues on the course. Re-read this thread, checked the club and changed it from 3+ to 4+. What a difference. I have an easier time getting it up in the air and it's still long. Used it on a few trouble spots instead of my driver and was very happy with it.

When I bought my 3 wood I hit it on the launch monitor but had issues on the course. Re-read this thread, checked the club and changed it from 3+ to 4+. What a difference. I have an easier time getting it up in the air and it's still long. Used it on a few trouble spots instead of my driver and was very happy with it.

I get more distance out of the 4+ setting than the 3 setting. More carry = more better!

One of the huge benefits of the adjustability!

Anyone wanna trade hybrid shafts? I have VTS black stiff in my 4 hybrid and it's too stiff. Would like KK stiff or similar. Don't want to sell shaft or club.

Anyone wanna trade hybrid shafts? I have VTS black stiff in my 4 hybrid and it's too stiff. Would like KK stiff or similar. Don't want to sell shaft or club.

I have a stiff stock shaft if interested.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Back