What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st round of club championship today. Really had a fantastic round going until the last two holes. Went nuclear! Still standing ok after the day 1. In 3rd place, 4 strokes back in the 3rd Flight. Oh, but what could have been! Should have been in 1st or at least tied for the lead. Will go get 'em tomorrow!

Oh wow! Eight over on two holes. But, my favorite saying, "there is still a lot of golf to be played". Good luck today!

Had a chance to play the UGA Golf Course today. Awesome layout. 43/42 - 85. I was great off the tee almost all day, but my irons let me down a little. Putted pretty well too. Can't wait to play here again.

Good round buddy in a great setting too.

1st round of club championship today. Really had a fantastic round going until the last two holes. Went nuclear! Still standing ok after the day 1. In 3rd place, 4 strokes back in the 3rd Flight. Oh, but what could have been! Should have been in 1st or at least tied for the lead. Will go get 'em tomorrow!

Good luck today Barry, go get 'em.

Shot 78 (Sat) in the member member with my father in law. He posted his best ever at 81 and we won the whole thing. Great golf day

I shot 39(+8) and 38(+7) yesterday. Short game is fine, but im fighting a severe pushing problem.

~Rock

Played with War Beagle today and got worked over. We tied on the front with equally unimpressive scores, and then on the back went to match play. He beat me 3/2 (Cookie Close) in just 9 holes. Truthfully our scores were only 1 stroke different, but my birdies came after I was already closed out. He was on fire on the back 9.

Best part was...Playing with a THPer and a friend. Thanks War Beagle.

Some nice rounds and good to see a personal best or two mixed in there.

Played with War Beagle today and got worked over. We tied on the front with equally unimpressive scores, and then on the back went to match play. He beat me 3/2 (Cookie Close) in just 9 holes. Truthfully our scores were only 1 stroke different, but my birdies came after I was already closed out. He was on fire on the back 9.

Best part was...Playing with a THPer and a friend. Thanks War Beagle.
Always a blast.

Soaking wet course. Range closed. Cart path only. Even with that, a fun round.

44 front, 36 back, 80.

Tee game was great, irons took a while to get warmed up (7ish holes), and the putter was burning edges all day. Once I got warmed up a tad, I started to find my groove on the back 9.

Always a blast.

44 front, 36 back, 80.

Tee game was great, irons took a while to get warmed up (7ish holes), and the putter was burning edges all day. Once I got warmed up a tad, I started to find my groove on the back 9.

Phenomenal back dudeski. You're a freaking animal.

Phenomenal back dudeski. You're a freaking animal.
JB and I turned it on the back 9. Some solid golf was played out there, and it's the tougher of the three 9's at the course.

Yesterday I had a pretty frustrating 87. The course is tough (73.2/141) I started solid off the tee and had a 39 on the front, but really ran out of gas on the back. Game sort of fell apart.

Good thing is I am playing the same course this afternoon.

JB and I turned it on the back 9. Some solid golf was played out there, and it's the tougher of the three 9's at the course.

Wish I could have been out there with you two to see it, that's a fact. Plus, I'm a kick ass third wheel.

Wish I could have been out there with you two to see it, that's a fact. Plus, I'm a kick ass third wheel.
Pack n' play is available.

I shot 86 when I played the other day. I was pulling a lot of tee shots for some reason, so that was annoying. Made one birdie and didn't have any other good chances all day. My greenside wedge game continues to be the worst it has ever been. I don't get up and down anymore no matter where I am.

It was a ton of fun though, played with a friend of mine and his friend, who is from the town next to mine. Pretty fun to meet someone all the way down here that lives 10 minutes away from me at home.

Always a blast.

44 front, 36 back, 80.

Dont let this guy undersell himself. The 36 could have easily been a 32 had a couple of shorter putts dropped that rimmed out. His wedge play was bothersome at best when you are the important. Its his most improved aspect and if War ever wanted to make serious commitment (pot meet kettle) to swing change on full shots, he would be a scratch golfer with in a year and be downright scary.

Dont let this guy undersell himself. The 36 could have easily been a 32 had a couple of shorter putts dropped that rimmed out. His wedge play was bothersome at best when you are the important. Its his most improved aspect and if War ever wanted to make serious commitment (pot meet kettle) to swing change on full shots, he would be a scratch golfer with in a year and be downright scary.

That is just freaking awesome!

Thanks dude.

Short game improvement has been a big thing for me over the past year, and gaining confidence with the wedge in my hand has been huge.

I know where my struggles are, and have long just played around them. Committing to a swing change is a huge commitment, but like I said today, I think I want to give it a go.

36 on the back is a solid groove Beags! Nicely done dude

First time I got to play in two weeks. 41/41 on the course I play the most from 6,300 yards. Missed three shots inside 100 yards that I'd like back. I was better from 115-140 than normal though, so I guess it was even-steven. Wind didn't really seem to bother me much today. Took some of the alignment stuff I'd been working on and it paid off, along with a little more attention to picking spots to swing for other than the flag. Putting practice on the shorties yesterday paid off today.

Nice relaxing day.

Ugh, swing is failing me; 90 today. dhartmann34 gave me some things he saw I can work on; looking forward to putting in some work this week.

Shot an 80. Started 1 over thru 8 and then went double, single, double, single. Threw away a great round

Second round of the club championship, I finished sixth in the first flight with a very mediocre 83 (41, 42) two day total of 165. Oh well, there is always next year.

The winner in the championship flight was 132, 67, 65 and second place was 142. Amazing!

Sounds like your club champ is a stud.

Couldn't get anything going in 2nd round of my club championship today. Hit a lot of fairways but did not have much distance at all off the tee. Was hitting the ball very low. Forced some long approaches and I couldn't hit a green to save my life. Wind was up a bit to so that certainly made GIR's harder. Finished in 6th place in the 3rd flight. Overall I'm happy that I finished in the middle of the 12 man flight. It wasn't my best golf, so I know that if I do play my best I should contend. This was my first time playing in the 3rd flight as this is my first year playing with a single digit index in the tourney. I'd previously played in the 6th or 7th flight.

82513clubchampionshipday2_zps4d205ddb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back