Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cart path only today due to all of the rain last night/this morning. I guestimated my distance to 125ish, grabbed my SpeedBlade PW and headed out to the ball. When I got out to the ball it was more like 105 to the center with the pin about 115 on the back. Choked down and took a nice easy swing...caught the ball flush and it took off right at the pin. It landed about 8 feet short of the flag and spun back a foot. And then I missed the birdie putt, but you already knew that.

Yesterday: I can count at least 3 instances where I dropped my approach shot less than 6' from the cup. In almost every case, I missed the putt. Poor putting aside, I'm happy. I am really beginning to like these SCOR wedges as I get them dialed-in and become accustomed to them.

I hit a couple of 5i today that made me think I should keep playing. Picked out my target, lined up & what do you know, hit it where I wanted it. But the best had to be a 20* hybrid from 225 that stuck 5' from the pin.

I hit a couple of 5i today that made me think I should keep playing. Picked out my target, lined up & what do you know, hit it where I wanted it. But the best had to be a 20* hybrid from 225 that stuck 5' from the pin.

Love it! Hybrids changed my life. Hang in there!

Best shot of yesterday's round was a 4i, third shot on a par five after a tee shot that found the cart path and rolled all the way back down the hill, giving me about a 60 yard drive. Second shot is a 3i back up the hill on the left side. I laser the flag and it says 204. There's a big oak tree on the left and the branches intrude into the fairway in front of the green when coming from the angle I have. So i figure I can draw a 4i around it to take the tree completely out of play, won't have to worry about going over or through it. I set up and hit the shot flush. The ball takes off starting right of the flag and turns back to the left going around the branches of the big oak tree, exactly as I pictured. I'm thinking that this could be pretty good and I may be able to save a green in regulation after a horrible drive. I'm watching intenetly, holding my finish, as the ball sails right into the trees behind the green. Yeah, laser grabbed the trees behind green instead of the flag. While the result was one of the worst of the day, on a day where lots of stuff went wrong, the contact and flight was nearly perfect.

Had a 26 putt round on Friday. Unfortunately only hit 3 fairways and no greens so I had to putt well to justify paying the green fee.
Nice hole and nice round Diane

Hitting my 6i from the tee on the 5th par 4 and finding the fairway for the 5th time. I played it smart this round and was rewarded off the tee.

Approach shots...I'd rather not talk about them.

5i into a 214 yard par 3 to pin high!
PW approach to pin high from 142..
SW approach from 98 to 4'
And after doffing my second shot on the first par 5 I put a 7i to 12' from 178 and made the birdie putt :D

Best shot from today's round came on the 17th hole, par three - 193 yards at Blackstone Golf Course in Marengo, IL. Starting striping some irons from the tee on the back nine and carried some confidence onto the box with me, along with a 6-iron. Wind was slight left to right and the hole played over some water, making a 175 yard carry necessary. Gave the 6-iron a good ride, catching it just right. Ball was straight as an arrow with a mid to high ball flight. End result - 12 feet just over the cup. Love the strike.

I have been having some pretty unlucky things happen on the course lately. It was topped off yesterday on #13, a long par 5. I had already had some stuff happen on the back nine, three over after three holes but determined to right the ship on 13 and hit a perfect drive into the wind, then a perfect iron to the perfect layup distance, 80 yards into the wind. I pulled the 60, lined up perfectly, put a perfect 80% swing and made great contact. As I watched the ball soar it appeared to be, yes, perfect-very high and directly on line to the hole. Then, THUNK! and I see the ball bounce really high again twenty-five more yards perfectly in line with the flag--into the middle of the bunker behind the green! My eyes are not so good but my two buddies confirmed what I thought. The ball came down directly on top of the flag stick and bounced way back in the air before coming down in the bunker! So my best shot of the round was dang near perfect but I still made bogie! The nylon nut on top of the flag stick had a red line from the mark on the ball. Dangdest thing I have ever seen.

Dropped a 35ft downhill birdie putt while playing though. Almost felt like a tournament moment lol

Played in our league yesterday afternoon. Was even par till number 8, 354 yd par 4. Second shot around 110. Had to punch under a tree. The shot ended up here, for a deuce!!!!
ypasusap.jpg

Played in our league yesterday afternoon. Was even par till number 8, 354 yd par 4. Second shot around 110. Had to punch under a tree. The shot ended up here, for a deuce!!!!
ypasusap.jpg

Great shot there crazy how it stuck between the pin and edge of the cup!!!! :clapp:

Hit a choked down pitching wedge to about 120 that backed up 4 ft leaving me 12ft for birdie, ended up 2 putting for par. This was followed by a beautiful 3wd off the tee to the right side of the fairway leaving me the perfect angle to the green.

Hooked my drive from the #9 tee box off of the #5 tee box and into a row of evergreens. Had a shot to the green but it was 165 yards and I had to thread it through two rows of the trees. It felt like a tee box at Augusta! Put it three inches short of the green on the fringe. Salvaged par out of a horrendous drive.

I knew I could get it close if I was able to hit it straight, but with all those trees, if it had hit one it could have gone anywhere.

152 to the flag in the middle of the green, 9i over the back of the green :dohanim:

I don't hit a 9i that far, lessons must be paying off.....

3 shots: wedge on 1 from 82 yards to 2 ft. Birdie "sandy" putt from 12 ft. Driver 321 yards on a 405 par 4.

Not too often I have a shot worthy of this thread, but I had one today. 210 out, for my second shot on a par 5 into a stiff wind. easy swing on a 5 wood that landed 1' short of the hole and rolled a foot past it for a tap in eagle.

#16 on my home course today: a short-ish par 5. tee shot faded a bit more than I wanted and left me to the right of the cart path and in rough. had to cut around/under trees and low branches to get out. had about 220 to the green but wanted to lay up about 50 yds. out as it's an elevated green protected by some serious bunkers.

I hit a knockdown fade with my 5iron. It came out fast and faded right once it got out over the fairway. Stopped at 55 yds from the green with a slight left aspect to the pin. Perfect. Shot. It did exactly as I wanted. My approach shot ended up about 8 feet from the cup. I left my birdie putt hanging on the edge of the cup. Oh well...nothing wrong with a par. :act-up:

Dropped my first ACE today!!! I'll call that my best shot of the round :)

Yesterday, at a tournament on a course nearby (never played there before). A par4 dogleg to the right (90degr). At the point were the course bend to the right there were 2 big trees at approx 180 mtrs from the tee. Took the 3 hybrid and bombed it between, passed, the trees on the fairway of the 2nd leg, left me a 140-ish mtr shot to the pin. Scored a par. Me happy :)

18th Hole Par 5, 470m into the wind, 14 pot bunkers, Flag front left.
Match situation - Partner and I all square vs 3 and 5 handicapper at their home course

Beautiful 285m drive dissects bunkers 185m left into wind. Take out 5 iron with slight draw, over bunkers pitches 20cm short of flag, rolls 3m past.
Sink the right to left, slightly downhill eagle putt to win the hole, match and the money.

The course:
http://www.golfcourselayouts.co.za/courses/pretoriacc/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back