2 Weeks before Golf Event & You've Lost Your Swing...

Nothing..it will come back no need to press and it's still just a game

Nothing..it will come back no need to press and it's still just a game

Sounds like the advice of a champion right there.

Seriously I dont even stress anymore about it. It used to bother me but then I realized I am not a professional and play the game for fun.

Your handicap indicates you're a VERY good golfer. VERY good golfers do not forget how to play golf for long, it will come back. Go out and play, don't keep score and just hit shots. I think it was Harvey Penick who said something like "take dead aim and swing," or something like that. Sounds like great advice.

Good luck - your swing will return quicker than you think.

Step 1 -- Take a breath and relax. The game that you had is generally still there. Stressing about not being perfect tends to make things worse.

Step 2 -- Focus on short game for a couple days. It will help keep your mind off your swing, and it will also tune up your scoring for the golf event.

Step 3 -- (optional if time permits) One range session with nothing more than a seven iron. Easy shots. Easy swings. Make good contact and get your confidence back.

Step 4 -- Hit balls two days before the event if at all possible. Keeps your swing fresh in your mind before the event.

If all else fails blame your clubs and get new ones

When my swing leaves me I go Zach Zjohnson and just shorten things up and play punches.

Yeah. And of course the final shot of the day, when I had all but given up, I stripe a 6 iron 170 yards into the wind to 15 feet. This game is maddening

That shot shows that you haven't completely lost your swing. I would definitely see another instructor and tell him you only want one or 2 things at most to key on.

I was just there with the gauntlet. Freaking sucked. I shot a 90 a week before and it followed me. A lesson beforehand actually hurt me as it put more thoughts in my head

Dude, you shot an 83 from the Blues on RTJ running on squat for sleep, a course you never saw before. I'll take a serving of those thoughts please.

I say the hell with it and have a blast.

When my swing leaves me I go Zach Zjohnson and just shorten things up and play punches.

Or you drain 50' putts, call 35' chips, bomb 305 yard drives, or... :bulgy-eyes:

Get back to basics and fundamentals to start with. I like to hit half and 3/4 shots and slowly build to a full swing

+1

...and I would add that you work on your short game instead. Chipping and putting....shots from under 20 feet from the green. Think about it, if you're swing is off and you're missing greens, you need to dial in the short game. Don't neglect hitting balls on the range of course, but dial in your 150 or less shots.

Also....

Try this drill. Take whatever club you hit for 150 yards (9 iron?), then add one club, but hit THAT one (8 iron) 150 yards instead. This will make you focus on your swing, as well as dial you back just a little.

Just relax, THP golf fixes swing woes. Its proven.

if it was 2 hours before the event i might be worried, heck 2 minutes prior I might be worried....translation don't worry

Back