Wilson Staff FG V4 IRONS

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I saw these on twitter over the weekend. Thought it would only add to the excitement for the Personal Distance gang.If picture does not appear I am sorry. My tech crew,my kids just left for school.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wilson Staff Irons.jpg
    Wilson Staff Irons.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
Classic looking Wilsons. Seem to be a nice evolution of FG line. I loved the looks of the originals and the V2s.

Very nice looking irons, I can definitely see myself playing Wilson irons again one day. I learnt the game with an old set of Wilson staff blades back in the early 90's and loved them.

This may just be me, but every time I see the Wilson logo like it is in these irons, I think TaylorMade TP logo

Philly,that may be but Wilson has had that logo longer than Taylor Made has been around.At least back to the 60's.
This may just be me, but every time I see the Wilson logo like it is in these irons, I think TaylorMade TP logo

Philly,that may be but Wilson has had that logo longer than Taylor Made has been around.At least back to the 60's.

Oh I know. I'm not saying Wilson stole the idea. Not saying that at all. Just saying it's similar and I see a lot more taylormade gear than Wilson. And when I see that Wilson logo with a dark finish on equipment it reminds me of the TM logo

Yup. I'm a fan.

I was wondering when these would pop up. The driving iron certainly indicated they were on the way. Sort of underwhelmed after having the V2's for so long. Just not quite as striking visually.

Beautiful iron I just wish the entire thing was satin. Chrome =(

I was wondering when these would pop up. The driving iron certainly indicated they were on the way. Sort of underwhelmed after having the V2's for so long. Just not quite as striking visually.

I am with you here. V2's are just so good looking that they were going to be tough to top.

To me, the TP logo looks a lot more like a Corvette logo.

Those look real nice!

Don't love the chrome finish. Too shiny in the FL sun.

Agreed.I pulled an old TP glove that had the logo.It is similar. Good call.
Oh I know. I'm not saying Wilson stole the idea. Not saying that at all. Just saying it's similar and I see a lot more taylormade gear than Wilson. And when I see that Wilson logo with a dark finish on equipment it reminds me of the TM logo

Lookin' real good!

Interesting matte grey spot on the sole of that iron. Reminds me of what Callaway had with the tungsten plugs in the Apex long irons. Interested to hear more about the tech there, unless it is just cosmetic.

I am with you here. V2's are just so good looking that they were going to be tough to top.

A agree so much I bought a second set of V2's so when my current set wears out, I'll have a brand new set to put in play. There is nothing I would change about my V2's.

A agree so much I bought a second set of V2's so when my current set wears out, I'll have a brand new set to put in play. There is nothing I would change about my V2's.

I need to put my set back in play.

Those look nice.

I am a big fan if the V2 irons. Need to try these.

Those look like a really nice evolution of the FG V2's, which I was VERY close to buying. Great looking irons!

I bet there is a surge in current V2 sales. They are just sweet looking clubs. These are two but not out for awhile.

I bet there is a surge in current V2 sales. They are just sweet looking clubs. These are two but not out for awhile.

If I was going to tinker with another set of irons on the cheap, the V2s would be them.

I wouldn't mind trying them with some KBS TourV shafts. I bet that would be an awesome combo.

I'll also stay focused on the V4s, though. I bet they will be impressive.

Back