Wilson Staff FG V4 IRONS

Iron covers/sleeves? Ok, I'm not opening up that can of worms.

~Rock

I guess I'm a minority, I think these look better than the V2's by a good stretch.

Im with you Jman. Im a fan of the colour.

I don't really have any business hitting either, but I agree with Hawk that the V2's do look better.

Dave

No way, these look way better than the V2s. That little bit of gold is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be hitting these friday with the guys from Wilson at my local shop... Trying to fit my #THPLegacy game, I know I'm not good enough for those, but I'm damn sure gonna try lol
I'm eyeing these too. I can't help but think they look an awful lot like a Callaway Apex with a Wilson Staff logo on the back. Forged, very similar cavity design, tungsten weight, and a matching set of utility irons. This might be the closest I can get to the setup I'll be practicing like crazy with this year.

Plus I'm just not a believer that if you're a high handicap you should hit max game improvement irons. But then again I'm spending a lot of time and money to get lessons and practice so I can actually improve. I want clubs that give me feedback so I can learn, not mask my mistakes.

I'm eyeing these too. I can't help but think they look an awful lot like a Callaway Apex with a Wilson Staff logo on the back. Forged, very similar cavity design, tungsten weight, and a matching set of utility irons. This might be the closest I can get to the setup I'll be practicing like crazy with this year.

Plus I'm just not a believer that if you're a high handicap you should hit max game improvement irons. But then again I'm spending a lot of time and money to get lessons and practice so I can actually improve. I want clubs that give me feedback so I can learn, not mask my mistakes.

FWIW, no club will mask a mistake. Faults are faults, no matter the perimeter weighting in the head.

You and me both. I keep staring.

A lot.

I want to make these my #THPLegacy irons, but I want to make sure I pick whatever is best for my game. I already have C100s, so those are probably out.

FWIW, no club will mask a mistake. Faults are faults, no matter the perimeter weighting in the head.

And also FWIW...the FG V4's were not the easiest irons to hit IMO when I tried them. I would say forgiveness wise, the Apex's would be miles ahead on miss-hits in terms of holding distance/ball speed if that's what you've been playing. These are much more comparable to the Apex Pro's after trying them both.

And also FWIW...the FG V4's were not the easiest irons to hit IMO when I tried them. I would say forgiveness wise, the Apex's would be miles ahead on miss-hits in terms of holding distance/ball speed if that's what you've been playing. These are much more comparable to the Apex Pro's after trying them both.

Better yet, since I know Dave's focus is now #Legacy based...D200's....SOOOOO much good feedback on them.

No matter what, I'll be test-hitting everything for sure.

The part that makes me nervous is knowing I'll get 9 holes with the new clubs, then *bam*, gotta perform with them.

These are closest to what I game now, soooooooooo, its what I'm leaning towards. But at the same time, the M3's are also intriguing.

~Rock

FWIW, these are going to be much closer to the Apex Pros than they are to the Apex in my opinion in terms of forgiveness.

The part that makes me nervous is knowing I'll get 9 holes with the new clubs, then *bam*, gotta perform with them.

Yea that part is going to be tough. That's why if I were to pick Wilson irons to go with, these would probably be them. But because of that situation, I would probably be tempted to go a step more forgiving for myself knowing what those rounds would mean. Happy hunting though! I know most stores have wilson staff irons in stock, so you should be able to get some practice in with every set to determine what you really like. And then just hope everything is offered at #THPLegacy!

All of us are going to be in a similar boat, Dave, so no worries when it's "game time".

I'm definitely looking at the V4s, because they do seem close to my current gamers (Apex Pro). But, I am not eliminating the M3s (doesn't show as a current model on the Wilson Staff site) or the D200s until i have a chance to try them all.

The closest I have to V4 are Rocketbladez Tour. I hope they are close.

We should go all-in, us and the Bridgestone guys to all take blades. :act-up:

The closest I have to V4 are Rocketbladez Tour. I hope they are close.

I think they should be fairly similar. Obviously would have to hit them side by side to see how comparable, but I think they would be in the same category.

I guess I'm a minority, I think these look better than the V2's by a good stretch.

You aren't. I said it early in the thread that after seeing these in person, I'm a V4 fan. Right now I'm in a hard ponder on the utility iron. One of the easiest clubs I've ever hit. Not just irons. But in general. The 2U is an absolute beast

I want to make these my #THPLegacy irons, but I want to make sure I pick whatever is best for my game. I already have C100s, so those are probably out.
Check out the M3s if you haven't already. Seems like they're in between your C100s and these.

I got to hit the D200s, C100s, and M3s. They didn't have V4s, but it didn't matter--I was awful with the M3s. The C100 is at the top of my list for right now. I'll test hit everything again in a few months to see if lessons have change anything between now and then, but at best I'll be stepping up to M3s.

Check out the M3s if you haven't already. Seems like they're in between your C100s and these.

I got to hit the D200s, C100s, and M3s. They didn't have V4s, but it didn't matter--I was awful with the M3s. The C100 is at the top of my list for right now. I'll test hit everything again in a few months to see if lessons have change anything between now and then, but at best I'll be stepping up to M3s.
I hit the M3s and V4s today. The V4s seemed smoother swinging to me and felt a bit better. Unfortunately, I only got a few swings with each.

i've hit the v2 but havent hit the v4, i am planning purchasing a set is there a marked difference in improvement over the v2?

I freaking love these things.

Pains me that NOWHERE around me carries these.

Can anyone compare the width of the sole between these and the Apex Pro's?

Back