Des Moines Outing in October

Well If bill can do it???

I would definetly do it, but I don't think my bank account would look really good doing this back to back weekends. I would love to play golf with you all again and McRock I would ride in someone elses cart on Sunday.

Flyingwedge gotme thinkin, I may come up a day earlier & see if I can't get my cousin to take me up in this.
Guess I'll havta wait till I'm home to post pic :mad:

tappin from my big as note2

Starting to think your talking about an invisible flying machine.

Hmm, I don't know. It's about 40 miles from my house. Like due, it's a long trip. I'll try to make it happen though.

Ha, 40 miles won't even chill down in my truck. This really does sound like a blast and I'll be pushing hard to make it, but I truly love Quarry Oaks, lol. Come on Lottery!

Ha, 40 miles won't even chill down in my truck. This really does sound like a blast and I'll be pushing hard to make it, but I truly love Quarry Oaks, lol. Come on Lottery!

But I won't be there.... The harvester truly looks incredible

You are just good! There in lies the reason I will happily do everything possible to get there... you, Hawk and a pile of guy's I miss a ton.

Gotta tell ya guys, I honestly may pass.
I've hit an all time low. I walked of the course today after bout 8 holes SO frustrated I'm ready to give up the game for awhile

I've hit an all time low. I walked of the course today after bout 8 holes SO frustrated I'm ready to give up the game for awhile

OH no you don't, I've seen you play lights out buddy, you'll find it again.

OH no you don't, I've seen you play lights out buddy, you'll find it again.

Ya....no giving up until you play with Duey and I at the end of the month!

I'm surprised clubs made it home in one piece

Starting to think your talking about an invisible flying machine.
ok I'm @ home & now can do the pics. Here is 2 of his planes.
BriansPlane001_zps5cd2998d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trust me it is. It is fairly open off the tee and then pinches in at the greens so it's not one of those courses where you can't hit driver. Being in the proper position in the fairway is important because all I can tell you is pay attention to where the flags are on the greens. 2/3rds - 3/4ths of every green is basically almost no shot of getting it up and down. Some really severe slopes and to practice you should go putt on your hardwood, laminate, or cement flooring. Here's an example from last fall (granted they had double cut the greens and rolled them that morning by accident). On #10 the pin was cut just over a ridge line on the back 1/4th of the green. Well me and one of the guys had 30 footers to the pin from the front side of the green. He hit up, it actually rolled slightly around the hole but had enough speed that it came all the way back to us and was even farther away. I proceeded to intentionally hit mine 20 foot past the pin into the fringe which is cut into a bank. My putt all but stopped in the fringe but then came all the way back down for a tap-in. Consider yourself warned. It's not unfair but it doesn't suffer fools. Granted, they won't be quite that fast that day but if the wind is up, yikes.

I'm in unless something comes up out of the blue, both days should work for me.

Yes looking forward to it Don!!!!

I am definitely looking forward to finally getting to play the Harvester. And seeing everyone again, I was so bummed that the THP outings didn't work out for me this summer.

I'm going to perform some due diligence and get a definite yea or nay for you guys by the end of the weekend. I'm strongly leaning towards the "yea" though!

Golfing at the Harvester has been on my radar for a couple of years now (I think I saw it in a "top 100 public courses" list), although I never thought I'd actually make the trip.

I'm starting to think I'm a bit crazy for wanting to do this...drive a 1000 miles to play golf with people I've never met? Well, I play golf in the first place, so anything goes once you consider that side of it!

I'm going to perform some due diligence and get a definite yea or nay for you guys by the end of the weekend. I'm strongly leaning towards the "yea" though!

Golfing at the Harvester has been on my radar for a couple of years now (I think I saw it in a "top 100 public courses" list), although I never thought I'd actually make the trip.

I'm starting to think I'm a bit crazy for wanting to do this...drive a 1000 miles to play golf with people I've never met? Well, I play golf in the first place, so anything goes once you consider that side of it!

Come on down! Will be a great golf road trip. Play Harvester then Tournament Club of Iowa on Sunday and you will experience two great golf courses!!

Just a note to get my name on the list of those attending, DonW.

Wedge you are in right??

Im in pending my work schedule. Won't know that till Sept 21st but shouldn't be an issue. Won't need a hotel though.

Dang! We are already at 10. I could easily see this getting up to 15-16 guys depending on Jake, JJ, Shark, etc...

Back