The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Agreed, Charlie. Especially if Kobe is not back yet. However, if that is his first game back, I'm sure that it would get a ton of viewers.

I am hoping Houston has weekend games @DAL, @SA, and @OKC. I would like to make a few road trips this year.

Scola rumoured to the Pacers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...s-scola-headed-indiana-pacers-trade-publicist

This deal has Larry Bird written all over it. If it happens the Pacers have very quietly had a steller offseason. A poor bench is being replaced with a good one and the pieces added make a lot of sense. If Granger comes back at even 85-90% (early reports are good) the Pacers are a serious threat to come out of the East.

The Scola contract is a good one too since the Rockets are paying most of his salary after using the amnesty clause on him last offseason.

Very happy for Scola! I am a huge fan of his from his Houston days and I'm glad that he may go to a sure-fire playoff team. Scola may flop a bit much, but he gives 100% effort every night and is very reliable.

I think the cap hit still goes to Scola's current team though. Houston just pays some of the salary off of the cap.

Very happy for Scola! I am a huge fan of his from his Houston days and I'm glad that he may go to a sure-fire playoff team. Scola may flop a bit much, but he gives 100% effort every night and is very reliable.

I think the cap hit still goes to Scola's current team though. Houston just pays some of the salary off of the cap.

Scola was really good in Houston and I remember how much the fans down there loved him. Pacer fans will too. Hard to have two better dirty work guys covering the 4-spot (and backing up Hibbert) than D. West & Scola.

Official trade was Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee and a lottery protected 2014 1st round pick.

Don't believe that take is right on the cap hit. The Pacers are over the cap and have to match salaries (or take back less) to make the trade. The 1st round pick + the guys they sent out line up pretty well with the 4.5 MIL the Suns are paying Scola but they don't come near the 10 MIL that was owed for 2013-14 in the original Rockets deal. Pretty sure that the 5+ MIL difference is dead money for the Rockets but doesn't count against either teams cap. That was kind of the point of the Amnesty clause.

Looks like the schedule release got pushed back at least a week... thanks NBA

Miami Heat now officially the ugliest team in the NBA after signing Oden.

Miami Heat now officially the ugliest team in the NBA after signing Oden.

I wanna root for the guy but anyone on the heat is dead to me

If Oden does stay healthy:

1) the world may end
2) the Heat will be in really good shape for next year

Zing!
998921_10100985848563625_1949029425_n.jpg

My early playoff predictions for next year:

EAST
1. Heat 2. Bulls 3. Pacers 4. Nets 5. Knicks 6. Pistons 7. Cavaliers 8. Wizards

WEST
1. Thunder 2. Clippers 3. Warriors 4. Rockets 5. Spurs 6. Grizzlies 7. Nuggets 8. Mavericks

Opinions? I'm a Knicks fan so it pains me to put Brooklyn ahead of us, although I like our off season moves and I think we're stronger than last year I think the East is tough this year. Chicago are my early pick to win the Championship this year, we'll see how that goes!

cavs and wizards in the playoffs may be a stretch imo

cavs and wizards in the playoffs may be a stretch imo

Wiz had an awful start last year and were pretty solid in the 2nd half of the year once John Wall was back, if they carry that in to this year I think they can definitely make the playoffs and surprise a few.

Cavs prediction is dependant on Bynum's health which is obviously no certainty, I put them at the 8 spot as rest of the East is fairly weak and Cleveland were as good a choice as any if Bynum can get on the court alongside Kyrie, I agree with you though that it could be a stretch.

Wiz had an awful start last year and were pretty solid in the 2nd half of the year once John Wall was back, if they carry that in to this year I think they can definitely make the playoffs and surprise a few.

Cavs prediction is dependant on Bynum's health which is obviously no certainty, I put them at the 8 spot as rest of the East is fairly weak and Cleveland were as good a choice as any if Bynum can get on the court alongside Kyrie, I agree with you though that it could be a stretch.

I hope ur right about the cavs and wrong about the Wiz!

Suns new unis. Not a fan. Their 90's jerseys weren't that good, but these are way worse, imo.

BRwaN-TCMAAwEaR.jpg

Can't wait to hear Barkley's opinion on those unis.

Those Suns jerseys are pretty bad.

On the other hand, the Pistons new 3rd jerseys that say "MOTOR CITY" on the front of them are pretty sweet.

Those Suns jerseys are pretty bad.

On the other hand, the Pistons new 3rd jerseys that say "MOTOR CITY" on the front of them are pretty sweet.
Come on man. You know you have to put a pic with that, ain't no body got time for going to look one up :alien:

Come on man. You know you have to put a pic with that, ain't no body got time for going to look one up :alien:

I really hope this is a trend with "Rip City", "Motor City", and "The City". Maybe Houston will come out with a Clutch City jersey. Houston's uniforms are terrrrible.

greg-monroe-motor-city-detroit-pistons.jpg

Suns new unis. Not a fan. Their 90's jerseys weren't that good, but these are way worse, imo.

BRwaN-TCMAAwEaR.jpg
Honestly I like them, a good redo of the retros. I had an barkley or LJ one!

jymupada.jpg

I have got to get one of these. Apparently foot locker is giving these out or selling them, or something like that.

I really hope this is a trend with "Rip City", "Motor City", and "The City". Maybe Houston will come out with a Clutch City jersey. Houston's uniforms are terrrrible.

greg-monroe-motor-city-detroit-pistons.jpg

Those look sharp.

Those look sharp.

They're okay. Kinda WNBA-ish in my opinion, but not bad. I loved their 90s turquoise ones a lot more.

They're okay. Kinda WNBA-ish in my opinion, but not bad. I loved their 90s turquoise ones a lot more.
I hope you are kidding about those turquoise ones. I still have NIGHTMARES about those!!!

Back