Stand Bag Shopping - Thoughts?

I'm looking hard at at the Recoil, I like the shape, insulated pocket, and truly don't mind the 14 way top. I can get it for a steal, but I just don't know if I can do that much red. I like it as an accent to black, gray, and white. It's come down to it or the Ozone in chrome with the lime trim.

I'm looking hard at at the Recoil, I like the shape, insulated pocket, and truly don't mind the 14 way top. I can get it for a steal, but I just don't know if I can do that much red. I like it as an accent to black, gray, and white. It's come down to it or the Ozone in chrome with the lime trim.

I liked the Recoil alot also, but if I was going 14 way I would be hard pressed not to go ahead and go with the Grom XX. I loved that bag, just didn't care for the 14 way. The Sun Mountain 4.5 and Hybrid, both awesome 14 way bags.

Being super anal, I bought a 14-way cart bag... I dislike it for all the reasons given above. The spot for every club sounds great, but in practice it's kind of a pain. I have been looking at stand bags and the Ogio woodie top is tops on my list right now. I also really like the cally 4.5, but fear being a total Callaway fanboy, so it's off the list. Lol

- Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fear being a total Callaway fanboy, so it's off the list. Lol

While looks-wise the Cobra is my favorite that is why I'm shying away from it. lol Then again, I guess why should I really care if it is what I like.

While looks-wise the Cobra is my favorite that is why I'm shying away from it. lol Then again, I guess why should I really care if it is what I like.

I hear ya! I'd hate to be "THAT" guy....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just got a Nike Performance stand bag off Amazon. I absolutely love it. Plenty of pockets, great strap system that takes the weight off considerably, looks awesome, and has 14 full length dividers. A major upgrade to my Callaway stand bag.

Very happy with this purchase!

Just got a Nike Performance stand bag off Amazon. I absolutely love it. Plenty of pockets, great strap system that takes the weight off considerably, looks awesome, and has 14 full length dividers. A major upgrade to my Callaway stand bag.

Very happy with this purchase!

I liked that bag quite as well, nice purchase. A couple other bags I really liked was Cleveland's Hybrid bag and high end stand bag..

Just pulled the trigger on the Ozone. I picked it up for a good price on ebay.....in red with silver or light gray trim. lol After going back and forth side by side, the chunky top pocket on the Recoil started to look funny and the lighter color trim on the Ozone to me compliments the red better.

Thanks for the input fellas!

Just pulled the trigger on the Ozone. I picked it up for a good price on ebay.....in red with silver or light gray trim. lol After going back and forth side by side, the chunky top pocket on the Recoil started to look funny and the lighter color trim on the Ozone to me compliments the red better.

Thanks for the input fellas!

Awesome, I hope you love it man

Make sure whatever bag you buy has FULL LENGTH club dividers. I get so annoyed with my grips coming together and my clubs never sitting right when I put them in their place without a ton of fidgeting.

There are new Titleist and Sun Mountain stand bags with 14 full length dividers - very nice.

I have a shockingly good Founders Club stand bag. The only thing I would change is the 14 way divider or add a putter well. I find the superstroke doesn't fit well so it spends most of its time in the basement.

Recently bought a Ogio Taj (cart bag), really like it and the 14 way top, clubs are easy to pull and I have an insulated cooler pocket again. Had a Wilson Elite carry and really liked it, it basically had the Woode style top, but when I went to Winn grips it got crazy pulling clubs as the grips would really hang up on each other and often two or three clubs would come out when I only wanted one. When I ride the Wilson rode terrible and more than once jumped right out of the base of the cart, no such problem with Ogio as they have a cart strap attached to the bag and cart strap pockets/sleeve that really secure the bag nicely. Walk 95% of the time w/pushcart so no need for a stand bag anymore.

Took some shots of my Ogio Nebula last night while doing some walking. Liking the bag more every day. Personally, not sure I could do the weight if the Ozone or some of the heavier Ogio bags. It might only be 1-2lbs difference, but on your back, unevenly distributed, that incremental weight feels like a brick.

yhera8et.jpg

7evemu5u.jpg

avahyjy7.jpg

Not much I can complain about. I'm going to throw the double strap from my Sun Mountain Hybrid bag and see if I can plush up the straps a bit, but I don't expect to feel a huge difference. Either way, the Nebula is an excellent alternative to the SM Three 5.

Great thread, I'm in new bag purgatory myself right now. The old hoofer is falling apart and I was set on a 14 way but...............ug. What to do?

Great thread, I'm in new bag purgatory myself right now. The old hoofer is falling apart and I was set on a 14 way but...............ug. What to do?

I was looking at the Ogio Recoil with the 14 way top, but decided to go with the Ozone for other reasons. I've actually been pleased with the Woode system. It has been much better than any 4 or 6 way I've ever had. I've walked 9 with my Ozone a few times. The springy straps took getting used to, but I don't find the weight to be a problem. Then again it replaced a really old bag that was heavier anyways. I've yet to walk 18, but it rides decent in a cart unlike some others. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

I love my Ogio Ozone xx stand bag

BAG :ogio: Ozone XX STAND BAG BLUEBINSKI
DRIVER :taylormade: R1 10.5 LOFT NETRUAL CLUB FACE NETURAL SHOT SHAPE
FAIRWAY WOODS :taylormade:
BURNER SUPERFAST 3 WOOD 15* / 5 WOOD 18*
HYBRID :taylormade:
BURNER SUPERFAST 4 HYBRID 21*
IRONS :taylormade:
BURNER 2.0 HP 5 - PW
WEDGES:taylormade:
BURNER 2.0 HP AW 50* /BURNER 2.0 SATIN SW 55* / LW 60*
PUTTER:odyssey: WHITE ICE #7