The THP Sarasota Gauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tenative yes from thewife one on this just need a few more details

Should have more details about this one later this week and early next week. Hope to have some final pricing, some more info on the final format and some cooperation from a local hotel or two.

I just got some really bad news about these dates. Looks like I won't be making it. This kills me to have an awesome event this close to me and miss it.

I just got some really bad news about these dates. Looks like I won't be making it. This kills me to have an awesome event this close to me and miss it.
What???? Dude!

Should have more details about this one later this week and early next week. Hope to have some final pricing, some more info on the final format and some cooperation from a local hotel or two.

Awesome JB! Competitive event or not, I need me some Florida golf with great friends. You guys have done killer reviews on these Sarasota courses and I want to experience them firsthand!

Smithfaced in the house! Wake you gotta make it happen. Have fun on Sunday.

University Park entrance is gorgeous in the morning. Sun rising, palm trees high in he air.

a9eputa7.jpg

#jealous

Josh that might be my favorite teaser you have done for any event so far! Thata pretty.

I really think the first real golf trip I am going to take is going to be to Sarasota. Everytime you guys take pictures of this I just get excited

University Park entrance is gorgeous in the morning. Sun rising, palm trees high in he air.

a9eputa7.jpg

That is an incredible picture.

a9eputa7.jpg

Great freaking view...and great freaking course!

We need a thumbs down button.

Will miss you friend!

My dad may be interested in this. They used to live in River Wilderness and he's played Waterlefe and River Strand before. That Monday is also his birthday.

Here's my terrible swing on this awesome par 3 at University Park. I really liked that course.

a4yda9ej.jpg

Nice Canes, tough/fun looking hole!

Heres what not to do first time there
Teeball just short lands in water
Drop zone left side...short chip to green...shanked into water again

Goodbye good start

I remember that hole. I think that's the hole my swing devolved into producing snap hooks. At least my ball may have gotten a ride to the beach after it made it to the road.

Here's my terrible swing on this awesome par 3 at University Park. I really liked that course.

a4yda9ej.jpg

Nice Canes, tough/fun looking hole!

The just re did the tee boxes this spring, and added a new set that is raised up a bit. Usually plays about 170 or so. Fun hole.
Heres what not to do first time there
Teeball just short lands in water
Drop zone left side...short chip to green...shanked into water again

Goodbye good start
True story;

I am in the group in front of Mike, I get a text that says; "Awesome start, all pars."

A few minutes later; "Whoops, hello quad, goodbye good round."

The just re did the tee boxes this spring, and added a new set that is raised up a bit. Usually plays about 170 or so. Fun hole.

True story;

I am in the group in front of Mike, I get a text that says; "Awesome start, all pars."

A few minutes later; "Whoops, hello quad, goodbye good round."
I was in his group and that hole gobbled all the good work he had done

oh well, theres always next time

All I remember about University Park was that the wind was brutal that day.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

All I remember about University Park was that the wind was brutal that day.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
Indeed it was. Brutal.

You coming down in November?

Yes! Finally got through the dreaded "just moved to Florida and had non-golfing visitors every weekend for 3 months" season, checked the board and see this!

I am in for golf, all 3 days.
Out for sushi, all 3 days.

Game for competition or carding some scores on these beauties.

This will be my first THP event as well!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back