Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-GW w/ KBS C-Taper Lite stiff

I want to reshaft my 3 wood and I am wondering if I should do it with a similar, or the same, shaft as my driver in a little heavier weight? or should the wood be a different kind of shaft characteristic?

I currently play a Aldila NVS 55 R in my driver, this has a mid kick point and a medium tip.

I don't know if there's a stock answer to that question. Not uncommon to see heavier weight and a softer tip in a fairway wood.

I need this X-Hot 4 wood to get here stat. If it sort of bridges the gap between driver and 4 hybrid (e.g. I can use it like I use my 3h), I'm getting another wedge. If it doesn't I'm getting the Covert Tour 3 hybrid.

I might have talked my wife into trying to play when I get home. Now I have to ponder a set of ladies beginner clubs.

I want another set of CTL's to put into my i20's. Badly.

I know a guy...

Yeah... That shaft might not be very bueno for me.

However I do have a kusala white that could go in it.

Ultimate driving iron

Yeah... That shaft might not be very bueno for me.

However I do have a kusala white that could go in it.

Ultimate driving iron

I dint think it would be terrible, but I bet stock shafts aren't hard to come by.

I want another set of CTL's to put into my i20's. Badly.

I have a feeling after I take some swings with one tomorrow I will want them even more

I'm now pondering a set of X Hot Pros. Trying to find a used set on the Bay to play with.

Thinning the crap out of irons is enjoyable. But I'm finally wondering if I just need to swing easier irons.

I'm now pondering a set of X Hot Pros. Trying to find a used set on the Bay to play with.

Thinning the crap out of irons is enjoyable. But I'm finally wondering if I just need to swing easier irons.

grab a demo iron and bang it around man! I am surprised you're not ponder the JPX lines.

You should just do it. You have hit mine, and quite well I might add. I think its time to pull the trigger.

grab a demo iron and bang it around man! I am surprised you're not ponder the JPX lines.

Ugh... JPX. I'm an MP guy, I swear I am.

You should just do it. You have hit mine, and quite well I might add. I think its time to pull the trigger.

Much like hitting your driver (which is now in my bag), your irons left an impression.

I'm looking around. I'll see what I can find and see what happens. Either way, my MPs are on notice.

Much like hitting your driver (which is now in my bag), your irons left an impression.

I'm looking around. I'll see what I can find and see what happens. Either way, my MPs are on notice.

Have I ever steered you wrong? You won't be sorry if you can find a set for a good price.

Pondering an Adila NVS for my Amp Cell driver...

Awesome idea Paladin

Awesome idea Paladin

Pondering an Adila NVS for my Amp Cell driver...

That is the set up I would do if I spring for an Amp Cell driver now that the prices have dropped.
Great shaft the NVS. I have loved it for the last 4 years. :drinks:

Thinning a JPX isn't nearly as much fun as an MP

This guy gets it.

It's like constantly coming out of a Covert driver. There's nothing quite like thinning the crap out of some MPs.

This guy gets it.

It's like constantly coming out of a Covert driver. There's nothing quite like thinning the crap out of some MPs.

I game the MP's and I can thing them like a mad man...lol. I like them ponder of the Xhot pros though buddy....I'm right there with ya.

How is swing weight effected by cutting an inch off a 35" shafted putter? I saw a great deal on a YES putter, but it is a 35" and I use a 34". The owner of the golf store said he could just cut an inch off the shaft. Will this change the characteristics of the putter? I do not build clubs so I am looking for some expert opinions.
Thank you THPers!

How is swing weight effected by cutting an inch off a 35" shafted putter? I saw a great deal on a YES putter, but it is a 35" and I use a 34". The owner of the golf store said he could just cut an inch off the shaft. Will this change the characteristics of the putter? I do not build clubs so I am looking for some expert opinions.
Thank you THPers!

I don't have a real answer for this. But would you notice?

Thank you THPers!

There are some companies that increase the weights as you shorten the putter (20g weights in 33, 15g weights in 34, 10g weights in 35).

Based on that, I'd say the putter would be reduced in swing weight by cutting off an inch. That said, I don't know that non-weighted putters change in head based on length. More the 300+ milled lines.

That is the set up I would do if I spring for an Amp Cell driver now that the prices have dropped.
Great shaft the NVS. I have loved it for the last 4 years. :drinks:

I have an Adila NV 65 stiff on my Cleveland Launcher Comp, which I really like. Very consistent, though I probably shouldn't have been using a stiff shaft. Also have an NVS 75 regular from another driver I owned for awhile that's about 3/4" shorter than the stock shaft on the Amp Cell. Like the increased control from the shorter length, but not sure about the mid launch angle. Wish there was some way I could test this without having to take apart clubs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back