What do you do with your old gear?

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
So I have a bunch of old gear that I doubt anyone would ever want to play (e.g., Drivers: Adam's Redline RPM 460D, Callaway Hyper X) and I doubt it's worth trying to hock on eBay either. When you guys have gear that has reached it's expiration date, what do you do with it? Do you donate it and get the tax write-off, send it to a golf camp for kids, or are there other uses for old gear that I'm not aware of?

I give stuff that old to the pros at my club for the jr camps they're always happy with it. Or the first tee in my area. If I remember I take the write off.

Consider donating them to a school's golf team. Golf is expensive, and this could really be the difference maker for a kid with a bright future but can't afford the clubs. A golf scholarship can change a kid's outlook in a hurry.

So I have a bunch of old gear that I doubt anyone would ever want to play (e.g., Drivers: Adam's Redline RPM 460D, Callaway Hyper X) and I doubt it's worth trying to hock on eBay either. When you guys have gear that has reached it's expiration date, what do you do with it? Do you donate it and get the tax write-off, send it to a golf camp for kids, or are there other uses for old gear that I'm not aware of?

High Schools or club pros for first tee and other jr programs. I have a nice set of MP-30's being used to teach golf in San Diego.

Thanks. I contacted one of the local HS's and asked the coach if he needed any older equipment. There is a First Tee program about 65 miles away in my folks town, so I can cart the rest of the stuff over there. Otherwise I suppose it's off to Goodwill if no one else wants it.

I have handed down most of that kind of gear to friends and relatives just taking up the game.

Once my equipment hits a point where it's not worth the hassle of selling, I give it away. It might be a family member, a friend, or a coworker, but it always seems like I can find someone interested in getting into the game that I can help with some decent, albeit older equipment.

I donate most every thing to my local first tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually gets traded in or handed down to my brother.

I tend to hoard it. Save it for when people visit and need clubs.

Usually goes to my son, however I seem to acquired more equipment then he could ever use. I may look into donating the older stuff to kid golf camps, etc.

Please consider the After-School golf club that I've started when thinking of donating old clubs. We have received some "lost & found" stuff from a local course but that is mostly wedges and irons. Rarely do we get any woods or hybrids. We have 30 kids involved and some of these upper elementary kids are over 5 feet tall so they are growing into adult clubs. Here is a link to my post
thanks

I've actually gotten a few bucks trading in really old clubs at GS. Others I've given away to friends, and I've also donated clubs to Big Brother/Big Sister.

I'm trying to find a local youth group to donate my R1 to but I'm not having any luck. Seems odd that I can't find someone.

Back