atmattkinson

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi i have been playing golf for 3 years now really enjoy the game playing twice a week scores ranging from 95 to 80 im interested in having some lessons as would luke to become a much more consistent golfer and fix a few bad habits i have. Has any one got any advice which they could share on this matter and the best way to go about it
many thanks matt

First off, Welcome to THP Matt.
I moved this over to the Swing Tips area to get more help.

Maybe add the area you are located in, so people might be able to recommend a teacher.

Another thing to add, if you have the ability to, take a video of your swing. Tadashi is great when it comes to giving feedback and it gives him a baseline to see what he is working with. And Welcome to THP!

I have only taken lessons in person and feel they can be helpful. I especially like to take lessons where video is used.

Welcome to THP. In person lessons are great, but as already mentioned Tadashi70 provides good info when someone posts a video.

You should probably decide if you want to work towards a textbook swing, have the instructor work with the swing you have, or leave it up to the instructor to decide the best route to take. After that, I'd try (it's hard) to research the instructor to the best of your ability. You might ask around at the clubs/ranges where the instructors are teaching or check online, including here on THP. Then when you decide on someone to try out, look at the lesson as an interview for the instructor. You are hiring the person, so you don't want to buy a package of lessons from someone that you won't be happy with.

And if you find someone that you think you can work with then stick with it for at least a few lessons. Most guys sell discounted packages of 5 or 6 lessons. You could spread 6 out over 3 months going bi-weekly.

In the mean time, post swing videos here as others have said and you'll get additional input to help you along your way.

Back