Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now considering the bridgestone stand bag, this think looks soooo good

i need to find a seller in canada, or a decent price in the us

t700_4df3d29daa1fafc1d5eed3d7ff728d0a.jpg

Can be hard to find in stores in Canada. If you can find a local pro shop that sells Bridgestone balls though, talk to their shop, they may be able to order one in for you.

You as well!

Working on the short game with the J40s last night. Hit a few with Callaway Jaws my brother has.

"Minor" ponder on going back to some "beefier" wedges to aid my woes.

but the J40s are so awesome on full swings, which makes it tough

Beefier as in CB's or set wedges?

Working on the short game with the J40s last night. Hit a few with Callaway Jaws my brother has.

"Minor" ponder on going back to some "beefier" wedges to aid my woes.

but the J40s are so awesome on full swings, which makes it tough

Why not throw a "beefier" wedge in to use around the greens and keep the J40's?

My wedge ponder is more of a dilemma..

Scors are in the bag currently and love them for full shots. However, my greenside game and half wedge shots are much better with the 588s. I can not hit bunker shots with the scors at all, and it has become a mental block for me.

So, bag the 588s or keep scors in the bag.

Beefier as in CB's or set wedges?

Im not real sure yet, swinging mine then using his I noticed a HUGE difference and my contact was much more consistent with his.

Why not throw a "beefier" wedge in to use around the greens and keep the J40's?

Not a bad idea, I love my 58* J40 on full and partial swings, so maybe a greenside beefy 58 lol. Talk about headcase.
with no 5W in bag and no 4I at the moment I do believe I have a open spot though

Scors are in the bag currently and love them for full shots. However, my greenside game and half wedge shots are much better with the 588s. I can not hit bunker shots with the scors at all, and it has become a mental block for me.

#comboset

Sounds like the 588's are the no brainer winner. Your short game has gotten so good and is a huge part of your game. Maybe keep the score 50?

I love my Vokeys but the 54 I have doesn't have enough bounce for moi. Hmm.

TTing

Watcha thinking?

Do you use all of them for full shots? If not, could you bag a combo of both?

OK #WPF here we go

Been looking for some new wedges because I can't stand that my Trusty Rusty wedges don't match.

Here is the list ATM:

1)Taylormade ATV - I don't know why, but I think I'd like to give them a go. My home course tends to give a lot of funky lies so having something they say is versatile is good. I think it's why I loved my J40's.

2)Nike Forged Wedge - Liked them at the outing. Been trying to get more info on them, but Nike's website is god awful and pointless. Looking at the previous years Nike wedges as well.

have to wait on these ones - Tour Trusty or Mac Daddy2 54/58. I have yet to find a Cally wedge that I really loved. Unfortunately the Jaws wedges really soured me on Cally wedges.

I've pondered that deano. 50* from scor and 54/58 from 588.

But then I use the 54 scor a good bit as well.

Ugh.

I am now considering the bridgestone stand bag, this think looks soooo good

i need to find a seller in canada, or a decent price in the us

t700_4df3d29daa1fafc1d5eed3d7ff728d0a.jpg

I've been looking for that white one for a long time... What frustrates me, is that MOST sellers of that bag, even Bridgestone's website, are showing a bag that doesn't seem to exist. All of the ones I have found have a handle running cross the top, and it is only a 5 way divider unlike the image you posted which are clearly the 6 way.

41%2BVRIGTGxL.jpg

I find it to be incredibly annoying.

OK #WPF here we go

Been looking for some new wedges because I can't stand that my Trusty Rusty wedges don't match.

Here is the list ATM:

1)Taylormade ATV - I don't know why, but I think I'd like to give them a go. My home course tends to give a lot of funky lies so having something they say is versatile is good. I think it's why I loved my J40's.

2)Nike Forged Wedge - Liked them at the outing. Been trying to get more info on them, but Nike's website is god awful and pointless. Looking at the previous years Nike wedges as well.

have to wait on these ones - Tour Trusty or Mac Daddy2 54/58. I have yet to find a Cally wedge that I really loved. Unfortunately the Jaws wedges really soured me on Cally wedges.

I vote Nike.

I've pondered that deano. 50* from scor and 54/58 from 588.

But then I use the 54 scor a good bit as well.

Ugh.

got a club u can drop and carry both 54's?

I think I'm in the minority. I really didn't like the scor's all that much. I have a 54 laying around still that I bring out every now and then hoping that I would change my mind. Like you War, I like it on full shots, but not so much on anything close to the green.

I think I'm in the minority. I really didn't like the scor's all that much. I have a 54 laying around still that I bring out every now and then hoping that I would change my mind. Like you War, I like it on full shots, but not so much on anything close to the green.

I agree Dean. I had a 56 degree for a while and enjoyed it on full and 3/4 swings but just couldnt make it work around the greens.

I'm with you. I just don't find that sole all that useful. I actually played the Eidolon's, and didn't realize how much I hated them until I put the J40's in my bag. I've tried the scors several times and just hate them around the green.

I agree Dean. I had a 56 degree for a while and enjoyed it on full and 3/4 swings but just couldnt make it work around the greens.

I'm with you. I just don't find that sole all that useful. I actually played the Eidolon's, and didn't realize how much I hated them until I put the J40's in my bag. I've tried the scors several times and just hate them around the green.

sweet, at least there are crazy people with me haha

I am going to regrip the J40's tonight most likely and throw them both back in the bag for the weekend.

I love my Mizuno MP-R12. With the DG Spinner it is great on full shots and with C grind, it is great around the green. Should have let you hit it in Orlando.

I am absolutely loving my MD2's on pitch shots, and they have not been bad at all around the greens. But I still think the J40's are hands down the best wedges I've used around the green.

I love my Mizuno MP-R12. With the DG Spinner it is great on full shots and with C grind, it is great around the green. Should have let you hit it in Orlando.

I love the MP-R12s that I have. I use the 54 and 58 on approaches and around the green. Both work very well.

I also play the T-11 as a gap wedge. Interesting that you do the same. That's started to become my favorite club. Very precise from about 120, but also very useful on chips.

I love the MP-R12s that I have. I use the 54 and 58 on approaches and around the green. Both work very well.

I also play the T-11 as a gap wedge. Interesting that you do the same. That's started to become my favorite club. Very precise from about 120, but also very useful on chips.

I had Ansers before but wasn't in love with them around the greens. I have a lot of confidence with the MP-R12. The T-11 is great for bump and run shots around the green as well. Great for full and 3/4 as well.

Sounds like the 588's are the no brainer winner. Your short game has gotten so good and is a huge part of your game. Maybe keep the score 50?
That's what I keep going back to, my short game in Myrtle compared to what it has gone to with the Scors.
Do you use all of them for full shots? If not, could you bag a combo of both?
Im a headcase. I use all of them for full shots, but the 588s werent "that bad" on full shots.

got a club u can drop and carry both 54's?
Yeah, I do. I can drop 3w, 5w, and hybo.

BOOM! Two full wedge sets in the bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back