staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
The new season starts next week. No breaks anymore. What are you thoughts?

Major Winners?
Cinderella?
Who will dissappoint?
FEDEX Cup Champion?

There never was really a break, it was a time for the big names to take a break and for the grinders to get some money.

Major Winners? Roryx2, Rickie, Kuchar
Cinderella? Cameron Tringale
Who will dissappoint? Phil Mickelson
FEDEX Cup Champion? Rory

There never was really a break, it was a time for the big names to take a break and for the grinders to get some money.

Major Winners? Roryx2, Rickie, Kuchar
Cinderella? Cameron Tringale
Who will dissappoint? Phil Mickelson
FEDEX Cup Champion? Rory

I agree. Phil already disappointed everyone this year with his play and his mouth, so I hope Rickie steps it up and Rory keeps it up.

I think rory snags another major, possibly at Augusta. I actually thing DJ is gonna come back and get a major this year. I hope to see Rickie with at least a win or two under his built by years end.
I think Billy Ho will continue to standout as well now that he has a taste of victory. I also think we will see more of VDub this year.
As for disappointments: I hope Tiger comes back and competes, but with his time away from the game ever increasing I think he has an uphill climb. He may have a run or two but if he can remain healthy I see next year being stronger for him. So I think most will be disappointed just because hes Tiger. I also think Jason Day will continue to battle injuries this year ultimately keeping him from making it too the next level. And last but not least I see Adam Scott going into a bit of a decline, just from a new caddy standpoint waiting for that chemistry to take shape.

Majors- Rory, Ricky, Hunter, Phil
Cinderella- Billy Hurley III
Disappoint- Tiger
Fedex Cup- Jason Duffner

The new season starts next week. No breaks anymore. What are you thoughts?

Major Winners?
Cinderella?
Who will dissappoint?
FEDEX Cup Champion?

Majors: In order: Rory, Rickie, Rory, Reed.
Cinderella: Kevin Na wins twice and runs between every shot to make up for lost time on his pre-shot routine.
Disappoint: Garcia will lead on Sunday morning in majors in 2015...twice.
FedEx Cup Champ: Spieth

Majors: Westwood, Rory, Kuchar, Fowler

Cinderella: Chris Kirk

Disappointment: Phil

FedEx Cup Champ: Reed

Man I hate the fact that there's no break, there's no build up.

For the Majors I see Tiger and Rory battling and dominating, I also think Billy Ho will get one or come close

I have no idea about a Cinderella player this coming year, I think Tiger plays well but no one stands out to me right now worthy of the glass slipper.

Disappointment is going to be Adam Scott for me, he just looks fireless out there.

Fed ex champ for me will be Tiger, I think he comes out swinging and doesn't look back unless his back goes. If it does he's done.

Man I hate the fact that there's no break, there's no build up.

I agree with you on the wrap around season. I actually thought it was another week I forgot to set my fantasy line up. I won't complain about there being golf on one bit. Now my wife...probably not so much.

It's not much different than before really. Other than the fall tourneys now count for Fed Ex points. Most of the big boys won't be playing until January anyway so that's when the real build up will be. A bit around Kapalua then full steam when Torrey Pines hits.

Only big names playing in Frys.com are Kuch, Walker, Mahan, Sneds.

Well this should be a fun set of predictions.

Major Winners? Rory, Phil (he usually comes back strong after a weak year), Rickie Fowler, and Spieth
Cinderella? Russell Henley (if he qualifies for Cinderella)
Who will dissappoint? I'm actually looking for Patrick Reed to disappoint. This past year was a bit of a roller coaster for him, and he's just a bit too fiery to come out strong next year. Tiger Woods will also disappoint, but since I don't have any expectations for him, I didn't want to name him first.
FEDEX Cup Champion? I'm going with Fowler. If he gets a major as I have predicted, and then one other win, then he has the consistency to take him a long ways into the Tour Championship. As an alternate choice, don't be surprised to see Sergio in there. He is also just a couple of wins away from having a shot at it, as he was also one of the more consistent players on Tour this year.

~Rock

Major Winners? My thoughts are Rory, Jimmy Walker, Henrik Stenson and Tiger

Cinderella? Cameron Tringale and Brooks Koepka

Disappoint? I am honestly leaning towards Adam Scott and Rickie Fowler. I think with 2016 looming, new caddy - going to be some change for Scott. As for Rickie - I am curious to see how he responds to having a great year. The only way he tops 2014 is with multiple wins or a major.

Fed Ex Cup Champion? Always seems to be somebody out of nowhere, but I think Rory

Zach Johnson is not looking forward to this year's major venues.
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/z-johnson-not-ecstatic-about-15-major-venues/

Obviously, he's got a happy history with the one static location, Augusta National. As for the others ...
"I don't even know where the Open is," he started. "The British. No, no. That's my least favorite in the rotation. Yeah. I say that and I love that tournament and I still like St. Andrews. ... I think St. Andrews is terrific and it's my least favorite. ... I feel like it's one where you just gotta hit it left and you gotta hit it 290 in the air and it just doesn't favor me."

And the PGA? "I don't like Whistling Straits. I lost by a shot there and I don't like it. I mean I played for four days the best four days of ball striking I've ever had consecutively, whatever year that was (2010). Played there in ('04). Played all right. Didn't really like it, and I still don't like it. "To me it wants to be a links, but it's the furthest thing from it because it's all aerial. There's no runups. You gotta carry it here to carry it there, that kind of thing. Is it beautiful? Stunning. You feel like you're playing on the ocean. It's just contrived. That's why I don't like it."

He had no comment on Chambers Bay, which will host its first major, the U.S. Open, in June.

Majors: Rory will finish the career slam plus one more, Walker, Day
Cindarella: Matsuyama (what a beautiful swing)
Disappoint: Tiger unfortunately
FedEx: I'll be at the Duetsche Bank to watch Kuchar on his way to the cup

Last edited:
Major Winners- Speith,Rory,Watson,Fowler
Cinderella- After some thought and watching some of his rounds I'm going with Tiger.
Who will dissappoint-Phil (even tho I love the guy)
FEDEX Cup Champion-Rory or Speith

Major Winners- Roryx2, Fowler & Day
Cinderella- Dustin Johnson
Disappointment- Kuchar
FedEx Champ- Fowler

Back