Admittedly, I don't have to struggle quite so much with low temps as some of you guys, but my wife got me an Under Armour quarter-zip sweater that I really like when it gets down to the 50's or 60's but I'm still going to be fairly active. Very lightweight, very comfy. Spent most of last winter wearing it, but it was very mild last year. If it gets colder this year, might need to fish out my actual fleece.

I wouldn't say obsessive but I did wear one yesterday till the end of my round, started out about 44 degrees and finished the round at 60 degrees and wind. I like the fact of having something light weight that breaks the wind and doesn't restrict movement, mine has zip off sleeves.

I'd love to find some in bigger sizes. I've a Nike 1/4 zip nylon pullover windshirt (Ohio State logo, naturally) in 3xl that works well, but I can't find any big-guy 1/4 zip sweaters. I looked at some Mizunos on Saturday, but Mizzy doesn't seem to cater to the linebacker-sized golfer.

I have a couple of 1/4 zip in long sleeves and then vests as well. I love those things.

Nike used to make a really good one. Haven't seen the recent versions though.

Have a couple UA 1/4 zips that I like, but don't love. They are tight in the shoulders/arms. No good for golf.

The Bobby Jones X-H20 is probably my favorite for golfing. Light, but good at blocking wind.

anyone have any recommendations on tall 1/4 zips? I'm not usually a cold weather player, but signed up for two tourneys in November, so odds are I'll need to invest in some apparel. I just hate though when they run short.

Quarter zips are a staple for me as the weather starts to turn. I've got a whole bunch of them depending on the weather. I wear them a good amount off the course as well.

Nike used to make a really good one. Haven't seen the recent versions though.

Have a couple UA 1/4 zips that I like, but don't love. They are tight in the shoulders/arms. No good for golf.

The Bobby Jones X-H20 is probably my favorite for golfing. Light, but good at blocking wind.

I wore a Nike one for the first 5 or 6 holes yesterday. It's one of my favorites, it's a little heavier. Then I switched to a Slazenger one that I got at a work tournament. I really like that one because it's not heavy and it doesn't bother me to swing with it on.

I like the 1/4 zip pullovers, but I love vests. Love playing with a vest as I think it gives my arms more ability. Trick is finding a layer underneath the vest that can keep me warm.

I just got a couple under armour pullover one is a fleece style cold gear, the other is storm cold gear for windy and rainy fall and winter days. I have a Nike full zip rain jacket bit I don't like it as the zipper causes the jacket to bundle up when I swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big time fan here. For me I love the the technology of Under Armor, absolute favorite. Their heat gear is so thin and light, FEELS almost like your topless. I also have Nike, Puma, Sunice and Adidas 1/4 zips - they are very nice as well but for me not in the same league as Under Armor. 7 total

Last edited:
There are a whole lot of THPers that are going to be sporting their new Puma THP 1/4 zip soon. All have shipped.

USPS tracking says Tuesday. Wow. Talk about being on it! Thanks again JB and GG

I love them. I love so many of them and all different brands. With the weather turning in some areas and my travel schedule coming up its time to look around at a few more.

Anybody else near obsessive about this type of outerwear?

I have more of these than you could imagine! We actually upgraded our closet a few weeks ago and while I was putting everything back in I made the mistake to have my wife watching me. She was amazed at the amount of pullovers I have. She was trying to weed through them as I was putting them on hangers but I wouldn't let her throw any away. About a week after this I found one I really liked and was going to buy it, with a gift card at that, and she about lost her mind.

I'll be rocking a nifty grey Puma 1/4 zip for my club's winter tourney in a week. Love it.

I wore a badass Bobby Jones THP one today.

Dang sure hate that I missed this one . That's a sweet pullover .

I have two puma 1/4 pullovers. One is perfect for when it is cold, the other when it's cool.

My love for these continues as I picked up this one this weekend.

9e6640ae3bc77e0dbe7f26fb6d6d675a.jpg

Love the color dude, I'm becoming a huge 1/4 zip homer myself and there are so many good deals out there right now on them.

Love the color dude, I'm becoming a huge 1/4 zip homer myself and there are so many good deals out there right now on them.

I know. Picked up this one for like $40 I believe (might have been $50), but I know Bugatchi stuff is normally a bit higher priced. Right now every place in FL has these on sale right now.

Back