Future of baseball crowds ?

That is kind of a cool idea but I don't see that happening in the U.S. Some locations/teams just aren't a draw for fans and with ticket prices always going up and the cost of food/drinks pretty high some people just don't go to the games. Here I think a team will sell to a new owner, move or worse case be contracted from the league if it got that bad. Owners here don't like losing money so I don't see them taking seats away they could sell or spending money in this kind of technology.

I don' see this happening here.

I am a Red Sox and Rays fan. The Red Sox seem to be able to fill the seats regardless of prices while the Rays have lots of empties except when the Red Sox or Yankees are in town. I am not a business wizard but it seems to me that putting real butts in the seats, resulting in food, beverage and souvenir sales, would be a good strategy regardless of ticket prices.

When I was at Fenway, they said the old original seats in a bunch of the sections are staying put, even though they could fit another 3,500 people if they replaced them with current, up to code, seats.

Your Cubs would be better off bringing in robot players...

Your Cubs would be better off bringing in robot players...
I watch them for the first few weeks of opening season . Stop for a while, than watch a few weeks mid summer and few weeks in the fall . That is the best way to watch the Cubbies . A full season of the Cubs is enough to drive a man to drink heavily ..

They will be competitive in the next year or 2.. But this isn't really the thread for it

When I was at Fenway, they said the old original seats in a bunch of the sections are staying put, even though they could fit another 3,500 people if they replaced them with current, up to code, seats.

I doubt it. those seats are tiny and I always have to give half mine to the fat guy next to me.

Back